Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,032 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That gets thrown at anyone who criticised the dastardly duo, no matter how many times we say we're not fans of the RF.

You'll probably be accused of being a fan of Andrew too in due course, and only too happy to turn a blind eye to his sexual assault allegations.

It seems the only reason any of us criticise the grifters is to protect the monarchy of another country. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 23,754 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

If I didn’t know better I’d suspect that the smearing skin cream on his mickey and how it reminded him of his mother, was entirely made up. Even the press lackeys couldn’t have dreamed that one up to discredit Harry.

It’s up there with his old man’s “I want to be your tampon” in terms of WTAF?? 😂

Fcuk it, once more with feeling, because it cracks me up every time -

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Why would an ''ardent republican'' be bothered by someone calling them an ''ardent republican''? 🤣

If you are not an ardent monarchist, by do you hate Meghan and Harry so much? Have they any bearing in your life? Maybe you work for Murdock or some of the other thrashy tabloids? Go on, tell. I've stated what my interest in a few times here, now you explain yours.

The point of that little gem of information was the dilemma he was in trying to stop the press finding out about it. He tried to cure it himself, but ended up getting the boot of a car and a trusted friend bringing him to the doctor. He didn't trust anyone in the palace to ask for help because Murdock and papers had destroyed all trust he had in the people around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Yup its a very tiresome bit of muck slinging to be honest. Especially considering the mountain of valid reasons repeatedly given as to why we aren't fans of H&M.

Nah, ignore and disbelieve everything we said and instead pretend we are undercover British monarchy simps.

I don't know who you are trying to fool, it certainly isn't anyone reading the thread anyway.

• Advertisement

Boris was a prominent leader. Politicians in particular will take any publicity they can get.

Remember what Oscar Wilde said: There is no such thing as bad publicity. Boris would still appeal to his people, maybe he would catch a few more. Similarly with Trump. Any chance to talk about himself. He thinks he is perfect you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

You seem hell bent of saying people hate them. It has been explained ad nauseum that disliking public figures doesn't equate to hate. If you equate criticism of them as hate then you can help yourself to that cognitive dissonance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

I see you are back on the "you must hate H&M, because you keep posting negatively about them" track. I can only speak for myself (although I suspect that I am not alone) but I don't hate H&M. I do strongly dislike their behaviour; notably their constant whining, their protestations that someone else is to blame for all their ills (perceived or otherwise), their sense of entitlement, their meaningless word salad utterances, their casual relationship with the truth, etc. Calling them out on these is not hatred, or restricted to other than "ardent republicans". Anyone is welcome to do so. See how open I am to diversity and inclusivity?

The whole point of the article is that Harry couldn't come up with any ideas that Spotify thought were worth pursing. Not that Boris is an interesting fellow (or not, depending on how you feel)

Meghan has been hardly seen in public for months. As for Harry, I admire him for taking on the thrashy British tablids and Murdock in particular because they have destroyed the UK (and US) with their muckraking and power over elected (and non-elected) governments and heads of state.

What Harry is doing (with support of Meghan) is a public service by haivng to expose himself to hopefully rid this planet of the likes of Murdock & Co. That is not just whining ad nauseum. He has prepared very carefully for what he is doing now and I hope he succeeds in taking Murdock down.

You obviously don't see things that way! Maybe have a look at the bigger picture.

• Advertisement

So you don't approve of Harry taking Murdock & Co. to court? You a fan of the thrashy tabloids that destroy people's lives on a whim?

No one is talking about the court case when explaining why they don't like H & M, and that we're not all rabid supporters of an overseas monarchy that has no impact on our lives here.

You're frantically trying to conflate separate issues to make some sort of a valid point.

We can read and see that though, so you're not making much headway at all.

I really don't know how you can pivot from the context of one post, where I set out why I don't like them for their behaviour in general, to infer I don't think he can take someone to court, and that leads to me being a fan of tabloids? You must be a trained gymnast or perhaps a circus performer.

As far as I am concerned, he can take whoever he wants to court. Just don't drag third parties into it, thereby invading their privacy. Yes, I'm thinking of Chelsy as a for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭suvigirl

I never said they would, you happen to post a response to that post, and it seemed like you were a bit triggered.

I don't hate Harry and Meaghan at all, I don't know why you have that idea.

It's like watching RHOBH or some such reality show, it doesn't have any bearing on my life, do they have some bearing on yours?

@jm08, you'd be a guaranteed Olympic gold medalist in mental gymnastics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

And what about when Murdoch 2.0 comes about? Murdoch 3.0 etc.?

The bigger picture here is the free press. A free press is a free press when it includes tabloids like Murdochs. A free press is only free when free speech is allowed and protected. When such outlets stray into illegality then there are laws to catch them (phone hacking being the prime example). It is the power of this press, and the power and influence it can have, which attracts the likes of Murdochs.

To give an example. The News of the World, having paid £75 to someone giving a tip off as to his whereabouts, publishing pictures of Harry falling out of a night club and opining that Harry is a bit of a lad or a wild child is the free press at work. He can't escape the fact that he is famous and via that fame he would be a target. It is unseemly but it is the free press. Harrys argument is that he should have been left alone like everyone else, that his subsequent behaviour was influenced by the "laddish" optics such papers gave out week after week. He played up to the stereotype as such but the tabloids weren't, for example, forcing him to sniff coke though.

I don't agree with his stance and that "falling out of night clubs" example was the kind which actually made readers sympathetic towards him as well as making him popular in parallel as people could empathise with him. Teen who lost his Mum acts out, enjoys getting sloshed. Big deal. He was a beloved royal rogue as such and such an asset that he was a regular go to one for the tabloids. The irony is that he had the gutter press he is now fighting propping him up. He went from being a troubled "lad" to a national hero as a soldier.

His problem was that, unlike his mother, he was too blind to see that he had power himself with that same media but he never managed to establish a status quo e.g. all is well when he gets engaged to/marries Meghan but when the tabloids went on their predictable route of pitching them against each other he didn't have the nous to circle wagons and allow it to pass. He instead took them on and any sympathy/support he had was dispensed with. He isn't a teenager/young man anymore. He is an adult who needs to manage the media. He hasn't done that successfully.

Post edited by valoren on

You keep trying to frame H&M as being heroes fighting against some (in your head at least) great evil such as the tabloids or the monarchy.

Does your hate for those institutions mean you cannot see H&M as anything but immaculate, flawless heavenly creatures???? Or do you think that their fight against the tabloids/monarchy invalidates any issues they might have simply because they are fighting the "right people"?

You jumped into the middle of a segment where I was the only one giving the opposite to whateverone was thinking that had nothing to do with 'ardent republicans' and hatred to the British Royal family (I actually feel sorry for them that they are so beholden to the British tabloids) and you are now protending that you were not aiming that comment at me! Tell me another one. Why anyone would need to be an 'ardent republican' to actually think that monarchy is well past its sell-by date, particularly in the set up across the water which where they seem to be stuck somewhere in the middle of the 1800s when Queen Vic was doing her stuff.

I think your trenchant support of H&M has meant that one of their characteristics has rubbed off on you - the one where history is re-written, in the style of Harry's response to the question of racism in the RF during Tom Bradby's interview. As in, "There's a difference between ardent republicans and unconscious bias"

"My mum put it on her lips, you want me to put it on my todger?", thought Harry as his penis was oscillating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I gave this answer 12 days ago, proof that we're in a ground hog day with some posters! 😂

You're right, she doesn't get out much. 🙄😂

Reality of the last year:

17 May 2023 - Pictured at the Women of Vision Award Ceremony

15 May 2023 - Pictured at the Mental Health Awareness week kick of at a youth centre with Harry

13 May 2023 - Pictured going for lunch with Harry in California

07 May 2023 - Pictured out on a hike the same weekend as the coronation

24 April 2023 - Pictured at the Laker Play Off Game with Harry

08 March 2023 - Pictured leaving restaurant after a lunch on International Women's Day

28 February 2023 - Pictured going on a date with Harry

06 December 2022 - Pictured with Harry at the Ripples of Hope Awards

07 November 2022 - Pictured at restaurant on date with Harry

21 October 2022 - Pictured out shopping in California

18 October 2022 - Pictured at the Women @ Spotify Event

06 September 2022 - Pictured in Germany for the One Year To Go event with Harry

05 September 2022 - Pictured at the One Young World Summit with Harry

18/19 July 2022 - Pictured in New York with feminist Gloria Steinem and attending the Nelson Mandela awards

From the Daily Telegraph

A sample

Hark! Is that a loud, dissonant crashing sound we hear coming from a certain mansion in Montecito? Could it be that sustainably-sourced, eco-friendly crockery, yours for a very reasonable $250 a soup plate plus a donation to an indigenous cause of their choosing, is being hurled Chez Sussex? Imagine the aggrieved exchanges between Meghan and Harry as another deal falls apart amidst harsh criticism from industry insiders:

“WHAT? They actually expected us to WORK for the money? Don’t they know who we are?”

• Registered Users Posts: 40,136 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 23,634 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If your argument doesn't hold water, or you don't have a leg to stand on, why not divert attention away from that topic and pick something else to argue about that you can waffle on about.

Its politics 101.

That has so many quotable lines!

"If Harry had a brain to storm" is my favourite. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I thought this one summed up the place they inhabit

Trapped in a velvet-padded echo chamber, Meghan and Harry have a hard time grasping that anything exists beyond their own privileged experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

It's annoying it's behind a paywall.. Would be interested to read it.

• Advertisement

Advertisement