Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Because of their interview Charles and William are having to publicly defend themselves against racism to journalists.

Is that fair? Being questioned if your family are racists due to someone wondering the complexion of a baby's skin?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Headlines are terrible.
    "Is the royal family racist"
    "The Royal Family are not a racist family" (there's no other answer to that question)

So the headline is: Angry Prince William publicly hits back at Harry and Meghan's claims

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9350413/Kate-William-head-official-engagement-Oprah-interview.html

cnocbui wrote: »
    The owner of the Daily Mail is Jonathan Harmsworth, 4th Viscount Rothermere.

I believe the Queen could make his life a living hell if she was allowed to put her mind to it. If in the wake of the phone hacking scandal she had made a public statement about the inadequacy of the proposed strictures on the press, I think the UK would now have legislation that would have prevented their recent and current harrasment of Meghan.

If the Queen, just for once, had made a public plea for the UK press to knock it off, I suspect they would have. If she just once mentioned Harmsworth by name publicly, he would have called the dogs off. He might have more money then her but she has some very hard men at her service.

The queen could make his life a living hell?

Are you for real? The monarchy do not engage with passive aggressive behind the scenes vendettas against newspaper editors!
    I don't believe that you believe this rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Lillyfae wrote: »
    If Kate said tomorrow, ya that's a true/ false story- what would the outcome be? Nothing whatsoever, besides the Queen maybe being a little bit cross- so she's either a horrible person who let a false, reputation ruining story run wild, or she's thoroughly institutionalized, terrified of what "The Firm" will do to her. Or it's a bare faced lie.

Or simply don't lower herself to this kind of discussion? This is impossible for you, I see...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Because of their interview Charles and William are having to publicly defend themselves against racism to journalists.

Is that fair? Being questioned if your family are racists due to someone wondering the complexion of a baby's skin?

If it was said, it'd definitely fair. But the tabloids just want a headline. The royals just need to ignore everything about it, say they're dealing with it privately, go about their business and not give the tabloids more ammunition to drag it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

dogbert27 wrote: »

The baby skin color.....that was not at all elaborated on, no context, no nothing...

Quite possible it was even like this: "Ah, I wonder what skin color the baby will have."

Harry is pasty white and Meghan is tanned.

Thrown in for maximum damage and publicity.

Two absolute cretins....

One of them a Swastika wearing Nazi......

It's either Harry that pushed it or her....or both

All scenarios as bad as the other...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

walshb wrote: »
    This is the absolute nubb of the problem. Meghan

She joined the family and then cried and moaned at what the rules and protocols asked of her...then made it all out to be her being victimized and bullying...

The RF are owned by the sate.....they have to serve the state whether they want to or not..

This jumped up nobody actress arrived in and thought she could do as she pleased....that is not how the RF works.

Whether one agrees with the rules, protocols and service is irrelevant....that is how they operate

You don't like it, don't join it.

She joined it. Didn't like it. Did a runner

But that wasn't enough publicity and fame for her....she then decided to keep using the RF status to peddle that petty and trashy interview to the world's media..

and she was dead right.
    why you are so bothered about a backward out of touch out of date institution that has nothing to do with this country being exposed is beyond me.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

On a general note, I think the most dangerous people are the ones who actively are going out of their way to find and create racist angles and situations where they don't exist, or at least do not exist with any level of malice...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

JoChervil wrote: »
    Or simply don't lower herself to this kind of discussion? This is impossible for you, I see...

I could see why relentlessly negative rumours about someone would impact on their mental health. If you had the power to reverse the damage, wouldn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

I tried to translate the official response.

"The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan."

We were thrilled when you finally found someone who was willing to marry you and share the royal life with you. We welcomed her with open arms, gave you both the dream wedding, gave you both titles, money for your seemingly unlimited expenses, gave you both a lovely home, refurbished it at great expense, offered opportunities via patronages which were carefully selected based on your wife's life experience and her ethnicity. What a fantastic ambassador she would be. Our only wish was that you, like the rest of us, might rise above the inevitable gutter press but instead, to our dismay, you both challenged them head on and they gleefully attacked you both with zeal. What the hell did you expect? However, in saying that, we had no idea that Meghan experienced suicide ideation and we, "the institution", only found this out while watching the interview just like everyone else watching and we sympathise with any private struggles she experienced.

"The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning."

You attacked us openly. You knew the race card was your best weapon. And we know that you want to damage us as much as you can.

"While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately."

You're a liar, we know you are lying and we will make sure we survive your lies. We won’t be challenging you directly, giving oxygen to your allegations because you want to cultivate even more drama for relevance and fodder for your La La Land friendly "truth". Ironically, you're now no better than the gutter press themselves you've waged war with. We will do this quietly, privately and indirectly so you can’t fight back.

"Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members."

Your position as working Royals is non-existent but, Harry, when/if your US ventures don't work out or your wife exhausts the leverage your status has given to her to rub shoulders with the A-list then we'll see what we can do for the prodigal Royal son potentially coming back into the fold in the coming years. We know you need to go along with this, we (and a litany of staff, both current and former) know the eggshells you're walking on but the support system that is your family is always available and please get in touch should you ever need to talk discreetly.

"End"

• Advertisement

kowloonkev wrote: »
    I would envisage she'll get bored of Harry in a few years and she'll be back on Opera in a few years while he will have nowhere to turn. Harry really is thick.

Sh1tting on about how the saga put such a strain on their relationship etc etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

On a general note, I think the most dangerous people are the ones who actively are going out of their way to find and create racist angles and situations where they don't exist, or at least do not exist with any level of malice...

Yes they are the dangerous ones pointing out the racists.....that has always been the problem with racism. People pointing it out :rolleyes:
    A lot better when nothing was said at all and racist could do what they wanted

and she was dead right.
    why you are so bothered about a backward out of touch out of date institution that has nothing to do with this country being exposed is beyond me.

Dead right to what?

To expect that the centuries of tradition and protocol don't apply to her?

Are you for real?

Whether you agree with the RF and its traditions or not is irrelevant,,..,,,

They are the rules for the RF, and some z list actress doesn't get to pick and choose how she behaves as a royal..

She couldn't take this.....and cried off and blabbered her mouth off

And it's not like she was asked to leave, She and Harry stormed off like two spoilt children that couldn't get their way.

And I am not bothered at all....I am juts calling them out for what I see.....that's all...

Isn't this what the thread is for? To debate them and give your view on it?

sebdavis wrote: »
    Yes they are the dangerous ones pointing out the racists.....that has always been the problem with racism. People pointing it out :rolleyes:
    A lot better when nothing was said at all and racist could do what they wanted

Gone right over your head!

The word, 'create' lost on you

"create racist angles."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Yeah, Harry has set himself up for one almighty public fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Gone right over your head!

No I know exactly what you meant. It is terrible when people point out racism, they should just shut up and accept it

sebdavis wrote: »
    No I know exactly what you meant. It is terrible when people point out racism, they should just shut up and accept it

No, lost on you...

You didn't read the post and comprehend it at all....

Pointing out actual racism.......good

Searching to create racist angles when they don't exist.....bad

Clear as day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭monseiur

Is prince Harry aware of who is biological father is ? As he has no so called ''royal blood'', if through a series of mishaps, he became heir to the throne, would there have to be a paternity test done to prove the obvious ?
    In fairness to Charles it was decent of him to raise him as his own.
    As for Megan, she's manipulative, devious, cunning, domineering and a proven bare faced lier, she used her acting skills to her advantage and not for the first time, she knew the right buttons to press - race, suicide etc. etc.
    She had no more suicidal tendencies than the queens poodle.
    Harry, due to his upbringing, is naïve, gullible, is not street wise unlike Megan who is older, a divorcee, came up the hard way, working in seedy clubs, restaurants etc. went after her 'prey'...... and he was ripe for the picking.
    She was never going to live permanently in the UK.....she just bided her time, planted the seeds of dissension and nurtured them to fruition.....and she's not finished yet.

monseiur wrote: »
    Is prince Harry aware of who is biological father is ? As he has no so called ''royal blood'', if through a series of mishaps, he became heir to the throne, would there have to be a paternity test done to prove the obvious ?
    As for Megan, she's manipulative, devious, cunning, domineering and a proven bare faced lier, she used her acting skills to her advantage and not for the first time, she knew the right buttons to press - race, suicide etc. etc.
    Harry, due to his upbringing, is naïve, gullible, is not street wise unlike Megan who is older, a divorcee, came up the hard way, working in seedy clubs, restaurants etc. went after her 'prey'...... and he was ripe for the picking.
    She was never going to live permanently in the UK.....she just bided her time, planted the seeds of dissension and nurtured them to fruition.....and she's not finished yet.

FFS,

Do you really believe this nonsense Harry's father conspiracy?

Read up on it.....

Hint: Hewitt was not at all on the scene at the time Harry was born...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

No, lost on you...

Clear as day!

You must have been there and heard what was said since it's clear as day to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It’s not a big conspiracy. Meghan was well able to generate her own negative press, she didn’t need to be scapegoated in order to have headlines written about her such as the ridiculous baby shower (that she attended in another country despite not having a passport) and the Wimbledon fiasco that made her look utterly ridiculous. Having her security approach that man who was just taking a selfie and ushering him away, it was the media’s wet dream. She should just own this ridiculousness and say yes i was a bit daft, I did things that didn’t help the narrative but a lot was overblown. But no. Much easier to play victim and side only with those who appeal to her deep resoviors of sympathy for herself. The avocado article was ridiculous and one I would personally just have rolled my eyes over.

They also rubbed the media up the wrong by saying they’ll announce Archie’s birth in their own time, which personally I see nothing wrong with but when you regularly break with protocol while at the same time saying you were oppressed by archaic rules, a lot doesn’t add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

No, lost on you...

Clear as day!

You are presuming to know something you don't.

and she was dead right.

Using people, especially her husband and his family and her kids family for only her own gain is the right thing to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Good article by Douglas Murray on the interview

https://nypost.com/2021/03/10/meghan-markle-a-culture-war-missile-aimed-at-britain-and-europe/
    America’s culture wars are an export the rest of the world doesn’t thank you for — especially we Britons, who are now saddled with a living embodiment of those wars in the figure of Meghan Markle.

By sending her our way, American culture has fired a woke missile right into the heart of the British establishment. She’s a one-woman family destroyer, only in this case, the family in question happens to form one of Europe’s most venerable and ancient institutions.

For years, Markle has had virtually no relationship with any of her own family. It seems that she wants to ensure that her husband, Prince Harry, similarly has no relations with his. She has sought to sever his blood ties through the medium of Oprah Winfrey.

During their interview, Markle showed herself to be a far better actress than her minor TV career might ever have suggested. In her two-hour special, she posed, preened, emoted and made constant unsubstantiated claims. Worst was her claim that someone in the family had asked Harry what he thought their first-born might look like. This was immediately asserted by both Meghan and Oprah to be an example of “racism.”

Was it? I very much doubt it. If one of the royals had said anything actually racist, then Markle would have used it to get another wheelbarrow of cash in another of her high-profile attempts to avoid the limelight. As it was, she relied on innuendo.

The royal question could have been — most likely was — an entirely innocent inquiry, made in what we used to call “private” (the Duchess will have to look up that word). Prince Harry is ginger-haired. It is conceivable that a family member asked whether he thought the baby would have ginger hair. Given that the baby’s mother is black, the questioner likely wondered, might the baby come out as non-pasty-white? That is the most likely human explanation.

Did the unnamed royal-family member express disgust at the idea of a mixed-race baby? Of course not. Which is why all Markle offered were teary-eyed non-specifics. Later, she implied that her son wasn’t given the title “Prince” because of his race. In fact, a great-grandson of the Queen is never titled “Prince,” unless he is the son of the heir to the throne, which Archie isn’t.

But Markle in her mansion implied that she never heard anything so racist or wicked. Ignorant as swans and as malevolent to boot, the millionaire Markle simply emoted to the billionaire Oprah about how uniquely unfortunate and bullied she is. And so the oldest institution in Britain, the monarchy, is now on the defensive, with Buckingham Palace having to release a statement expressing “concern.”

So the Queen and her 99-year-old husband, who fought the Nazis in World War II, have to watch their grandson’s nightmare of a wife try to destroy everything they have worked for through these bogus 21st-century racism accusations.

And things are getting worse. The atmosphere in Britain is toxic. Toxic like everything that Markle touches. To even say that you doubt Markle is to risk the whole stupid spirit of our age come crashing down upon you.

One of Markle’s claims to Oprah was that she had mental-health problems brought on by marrying into the royal family. Her hardships? She didn’t know she had to curtsy when meeting the Queen. She also didn’t know that the British tabloids wouldn’t fawn over her. Had she even heard of the royal family before directing herself straight at the unsuspecting Prince Harry? Of course she had. Can someone as wily as Markle not even use Google?

Still, express doubt over any of this and you risk losing everything. Piers Morgan — not generally my cup of tea — was one of the very few Brits who expressed doubt over Markle’s account. The result? Markle complained to his bosses, who promptly defenestrated Morgan’s career.

To deny that the British monarchy is racist, when it presides over one of the most diverse group of nations on earth, the Commonwealth, is to attract the same ire.

Well, to hell with these divisive, race-baiting, self-pitying, self-advancing furies. And to hell with those who demand that we all say only one thing and look at the world through only one lens. We have the right to doubt a Duchess. You Americans do, too. Indeed, your nation was founded upon that right

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I think the notion that she never heard of him (okay I'll give her that possibility as she is over in LA and being an actress she is no doubt utterly self absorbed) but then following on from their dates she never Googled him? I just find that a little hard to believe.

Lillyfae wrote: »
    I could see why relentlessly negative rumours about someone would impact on their mental health. If you had the power to reverse the damage, wouldn't you?

If I was sure the rumours were fake and if I was aware that it impacted her mental health I would try to help but no way by discussing with a press. I am not mad. As this old saying says "Don't argue with... because they will beat you with their experience and after some time people won't distinguish who is who"

Stateofyou wrote: »
    You must have been there and heard what was said since it's clear as day to you.

You are responding to the wrong post....

I wrote a general post here......

cnocbui wrote: »
    You are presuming to know something you don't.

You are responding to the wrong post....

I wrote a general post here......

Post 1689

And the way Harry and Meghan engineered this they themselves don't seem to know what was said...a ridiculously vague and context-less claim...

Most likely because it was not at all malicious or racist....

monseiur wrote: »

Except for the piece I struck through that's not a bad summary IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Anyone loving or hating complete strangers is weird.

This jumped up nobody actress

Two absolute cretins....

Plenty more examples of your hypocrisy but I can't be arsëd looking for them. As you said yourself, "weird."

Advertisement