Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Will they be suing (or at least refuting) the (alleged) tea throwing Bower/Beckham article?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

The Sun being sued by Prince Harry. You are having a laugh?

A couple of things from that article.

No 1 - why would Meghan Markle be looking for clothes from Victoria Beckham bearing in mind that it is Royal Protocol that no freebies are accepted. I gather one of the PAs fired by Kensington Palace was fired for seeking freebies for herself using her position as an assistant to Meghan.

In the row over the Beckham/Pelz lawsuit with the wedding planner - one of the grievances the Peltz's had was that Harry & Meghan had not come to the wedding.

Being close to Royalty is useful for Victoria's brand (flogging clothes) and being seen at royal events where she can display her clothes. It would do nothing for any RF member who wear all expensive designer clothes. Its laughable for anyone to even suggest that Meghan had to beg a coat to wear at a Royal Event (Christmas churc going) from Victoria Beckham!

The Moonshot Environmental Prize is painted as being a great success, when it was rightly criticised for flying David Beckham in from Dubai, particularly when the 4 prize winners got their prize by zoom!

President Biden happened to be in Boston for a Democratic Party Meeting and briefly met William. Caroline Kennedy skipped the gala presentation, so that was a bit of a disaster. Meanwhile her first cousin was presenting Meghan with an award in New York (which that article suggests was organised by Meghan & Harry to distract people from Moonshot Gala).

As for Beckham going to Australia - what in the name of god would he be doing there? Why would Harry invite him on a tour that he is doing in another country? As for Invictus - Beckham wasn't in the military. Why would anyone want a famous, able bodied footballer in a sporting event where all the athletes have been injured in war, either physically or mentally?

As for Bower - he has a book coming out on the Beckhams - he is trying to flog it and seemingly Harry & Meghan seem to be able to sell anything that they are brought into (i.e., tabloids, books, clothes, tv series etc. etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

is he?

well, his appearence on lbc quite a while back where he had to be pulled up for making claims he couldn't back up would suggest otherwise, to me at least.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

"No 1 - why would Meghan Markle be looking for clothes from Victoria Beckham bearing in mind that it is Royal Protocol that no freebies are accepted. I gather one of the PAs fired by Kensington Palace was fired for seeking freebies for herself using her position as an assistant to Meghan."

Prince Harry admitted in his book that Meghan did get freebies, and did accept them. Yet another example of her going against royal protocol/not listening to advice

• Advertisement

Can I surmise that you are not able to deal with anyone questioning your narrative?

Tom Bower won't be going back on Shelagh Fogarty's show again. His rationale that it was all that publicity seeking Prince Harry's fault for the New York car chase. Publicty seeking Harry & Meghan should not have used a service elevator and door to leave the venue quietly so they wouldn't have been followed. It forced the photographer's to chase them, the publicity seeking couple. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

^^ You mean the fictitious car chase. But you already know that a car chase didn't happen, but yet you persist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

You may surmise whatever you want, that's your prerogative.

My position is that Harry used to be protected by the RF PR machine when he was having one of his not-exactly-rare larrikin moments - Nazi uniform, Las Vegas strip billiards, getting pissed and taking swings at people, his brief (one day) day in rehab, shooting Hen Harriers, etc. This continued throughout his youth and into his military service, for example when he was allowed off base when a drugs test of the officers and other ranks was about to take place.

Maybe the trouble with Harry is that he didn't recognise a good thing when he had it. Who really knows?

By the way, on other matters, it's the "Earthshot" Prize. I suspect the Moonshot Prize may be one of H&M's next projects; they usually try to "outdo" William and Catherine

There was no New York car chase. I thought that one had been quietly dropped from the narrative due to it being extremely embarrassing that they were caught blatantly lying and attention seeking. you must not have got the memo 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Eh I never said the sun would be sued- that was someone else

She didn't take them and she certainly would have had no need to look for clothes from Victoria Beckham. Why would she? She had a clothes allowance presumably from the Firm for all official duties anyway. They mention that she once wore a navy VB coat for the RF Christmas church going walkabout? Now why would she be trying to get that for free from VB? Is it because the RF wouldn't pay for her official clothes?

I wonder why the PA was fired for seeking freebies using Meghan's name?

The Sun is being sued by Harry. The point I've obviously made badly is that it is in the interests of The Sun to destroy Harry's reputation by continually smearing him and Meghan. Its not rocket science to come to the conclusion that anything that any of the papers who are presently in the courts against Harry and not going to be writing flattering articles about him so would strongly advise disbelieving everything they say about H&M.

Quote from Harry's book:

"She shared all the freebies she received, clothes and perfumes and make-up, with all the women in the office."

So she did get freebies. And kept them. some she supposedly gave to other people and presumably some she didn't.

So, if there was no car chase, why are we not seeing loads of photos of H&M and M's mother splashed all over the papers? A poor nights work for the paps if they couldn't get photos from a non-chase in the streets of New York.

Even your media guru Tom Bower seems to think that there was a car chase and it was all Harry & Meghan's fault for using the service lift and exit to avoid the paps. They forced the paps to chase them by doing that!

Well, if that was RF PR protection, they failed miserably. Surely the objective of protection would be to keep bad stuff out of the papers.

What? Why would we be seeing pictures splashed everywhere of something that happened months ago? And how is the absence of photos proof that there was a car chase? I'm not seeing the connection there.

I don't think I've mentioned tom bower once in this thread. Hardly my "media guru".

i know, it was wonderful to hear him discredit himself via his own words, all by himself without foggerty (who i rate highly) having to do very little bar pull him up on his nonsense.

might see if i can find it and listen to it again for the lols.

It being Meghan's birthday recently reminded me of her 40 x 40 campaign a couple of years ago for her 40th. She was meant to have 40 famous friends give their time to mentoring women out of work. Whatever happened with that? Seems like nothing beyond the original press release.

His PR protection at the time would be more like them organising for a Rabbi to "counsel Harry" after he wore a Nazi costume and ensure that made the papers.

If you read the press release you would know that that she had asked 40 people (athletes etc., not just famous people!) to give 40 minutes of their time and they agreed! You think that they pulled out of doing the 40mins phone conversations?

What do you think would happen. She was hardly going to make those people who were mentored to come and talk about it. Doing that would be just a PR stunt!

• Advertisement

It shouldn't have been in the papers in the first place. He was 20 and they should have been looking out for him. Interesting that seemingly Kate & Will thought the outfit was hilarious!

There you go. https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/shelagh-fogarty/harry-a-hysterical-fantasist-royal-biographer/

Tom seems to think there was a chase from that interview. Hilarious that he claims that Harry was trying to humiliate the paps by using the back enterance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

He was 20, an adult!! Why should the press be looking out for him?

brilliant, thank you.

yeah he is definitely some man for one man, so funny for all the wrong reasons.

According to Harry in his book. The one he also said was the one W&K said he should wear. Never his fault. Who are "they" exactly? The ones who should have been protecting a grown ass man exactly?

''they'' refers to the Royal Family's PR team, not the press. William apparently was wearing a leotard and that didn't make the front page of the paper for some reason.

Karpi claims that Harry will regret losing the PR protection of the RF. I'd say he misses it like a hole in the head.

And making a grand announcement without any kind of update or follow up isnt a publicity stunt? I'd imagine it was intended to be content for their website/podcast/tv projects. If it all was supposed to be private then why make an announcement in the first place? other than for attention and praise that is.

A fancy dress party. William in a leotard. Harry as a Nazi. Hmmm. Which one will the sensational tabloids pick? I know you're inferring that this is William is protected while Harry wasn't scenario but you need a better example.

The announcement was 40 mins. of mentoring from 40 people. Most people would want to keep that private. Indeed, probably any decent mentor would want to keep it private. Why should their privacy be invaded? Since they didn't seek publicity by announcing who was involved, they were obviously not seeking praise and attention which would have been generated.

• Advertisement

Ah seriously, Will in a leotard is right up the tabloid's street. They could have had both of them pictured. Plenty of space looking for photos in the tabloids!

Advertisement