Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

walshb wrote: »
    On a general note, I think the most dangerous people are the ones who actively are going out of their way to find and create racist angles and situations where they don't exist, or at least do not exist with any level of malice...
    You are responding to the wrong post....

I wrote a general post here......

Post 1689 right there, my comment is no different. You weren't there, you don't know what was said. What Meghan said was: “And also concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he’s born.”

The fact that there were 'concerns' and Harry said he was shocked puts it in the negative light it's in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

monseiur wrote: »
    Is prince Harry aware of who is biological father is ? As he has no so called ''royal blood'', if through a series of mishaps, he became heir to the throne, would there have to be a paternity test done to prove the obvious ?
    In fairness to Charles it was decent of him to raise him as his own.
    As for Megan, she's manipulative, devious, cunning, domineering and a proven bare faced lier, she used her acting skills to her advantage and not for the first time, she knew the right buttons to press - race, suicide etc. etc.
    She had no more suicidal tendencies than the queens poodle.
    Harry, due to his upbringing, is naïve, gullible, is not street wise unlike Megan who is older, a divorcee, came up the hard way, working in seedy clubs, restaurants etc. went after her 'prey'...... and he was ripe for the picking.
    She was never going to live permanently in the UK.....she just bided her time, planted the seeds of dissension and nurtured them to fruition.....and she's not finished yet.

This disgusting rant says more about it's author than her. I don't believe anyone should write anything like this anywhere on a public forum. Your comment I put in bold is the reason Piers Morgan is out of a job. Meghan will never read this shíte but others who have suffered with mental health will.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Post 1689 right there, my comment is no different. You weren't there, you don't know what was said. What Meghan said was: “And also concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he’s born.”

The fact that there were 'concerns' and Harry said he was shocked puts it in the negative light it's in.

I replied to you a page back...edited

Plenty more examples of your hypocrisy but I can't be arsëd looking for them. As you said yourself, "weird."

Yes, they behaved like two cretins here....

And?

Not sure what this has to do with loving or hating complete strangers.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

When Meghan's daughter to be, is President of the US, The encumbent UK monarch could find their position awkward.

Charles should be absolutely panicking at the moment. Any minute now there is likely to be a funeral for Phillip and who is and isn't going to attend is going to be an interesting topic, then presumably Meghan may give birth on US soil and the way things have been going, there's little prospect of any of the main figures in the RF ever getting to see the baby.

Awkward doesn't begin to describe it. For all this nonsense about royal protocol and tradition, hindsight is going to make it clear that they should have done whatever was necessary to keep Meghan and Harry happy and in the fold. All protocols and traditions didn't exist once, the came into being, many have changed or been dropped. Some people think it's all set in stone and can't be questioned, when actually it can and has been.

The faceless men have planted a bomb with their incredibly poor and misjudged advice to the Queen. Getting all those little digs in at Harry after he relocated about unifoms and military positions and not being able to contribute part time; massive blunder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭monseiur

FFS,

Do you really believe this nonsense Harry's father conspiracy?

Read up on it.....

Hint: Hewitt was not at all on the scene at the time Harry was born...

To be fair it's a little more than a conspiracy
    I never stated that Hewitt was his father.

Stateofyou wrote: »
    This disgusting rant says more about it's author than her. I don't believe anyone should write anything like this anywhere on a public forum. Your comment I put in bold is the reason Piers Morgan is out of a job. Meghan will never read this shíte but others who have suffered with mental health will.

How can you address a poster like that.
    Do you have any respect for the poster's feelings, you might make them uneasy or anxious with such vitriol.

I had a feeling you would say this

So, if not Hewitt, who do you mean?

At least point out the conspiracy here?

And how is it a little more than a conspiracy? It's either a conspiracy and false, or a conspiracy and true....

cnocbui wrote: »
    When Meghan's daughter to be, is President of the US,.............

There's a large IF missing there where the bolded word is.
    Folk reckoning a yet to be born child of an actress will be the President of the US is loony tunes stuff. ............ the rest of the post is nutty also, shameful mention of an elderly chap passing away also because he's currently ill. Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

"Good article" and NY Post, now there's a paradox :pac: Guess the reason you quoted it is because no sensible person would ever click on a link from that rag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

When Meghan's daughter to be, is President of the US, The encumbent UK monarch could find their position awkward.

tenor.gif?itemid=4958042

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Is there something wrong with your sight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

I think Meghan has demonstrated that either she herself, her husband or children coming under intense media scrutiny would put her life at risk. That generally rules out a life in public office.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭TobyHolmes

Charles should be absolutely panicking at the moment. Any minute now there is likely to be a funeral for Phillip and who is and isn't going to attend is going to be an interesting topic, then presumably Meghan may give birth on US soil and the way things have been going, there's little prospect of any of the main figures in the RF ever getting to see the baby.

Awkward doesn't begin to describe it. For all this nonsense about royal protocol and tradition, hindsight is going to make it clear that they should have done whatever was necessary to keep Meghan and Harry happy and in the fold. All protocols and traditions didn't exist once, the came into being, many have changed or been dropped. Some people think it's all set in stone and can't be questioned, when actually it can and has been.

The faceless men have planted a bomb with their incredibly poor and misjudged advice to the Queen. Getting all those little digs in at Harry after he relocated about unifoms and military positions and not being able to contribute part time; massive blunder.

Harry and his kid will never be on the throne so there is no need to keep them in the fold.

seriously have to laugh at some of these posts- people on here are actually fighting over the British Royal family and an interview that 2 millionaire family members did over in the US.

TobyHolmes wrote: »
    seriously have to laugh at some of these posts- people on here are actually fighting over the British Royal family and an interview that 2 millionaire family members did over in the US.

And yet here you are with all your condescending disinterest. As some have said, it beats Covid stats and miseries.

It's a bit of harmless back and forth banter about famous people....

I have no issue saying that from the first moment her and Harry came on the scene I never took to them as real/genuine. She came across as terribly insincere and fake and all for the cameras.....

I could be well wrong, but that is the view I saw....an actress playing a part.

I think this recent interview has simply cemented my view of her, and of him.

I think he is a lot more sincere as regards the relationship and its beginnings etc....

I don't see them as a real couple, genuinely in love. I reckon she dumps him in a few years....

Problem here is that that any negativity towards here is spun into hate for her.....that is absurd.......how could I hate her? She has no connection/influence to me.

Augeo wrote: »
    There's a large IF missing there where the bolded word is.
    Folk reckoning a yet to be born child of an actress will be the President of the US is loony tunes stuff. ............ the rest of the post is nutty also, shameful mention of an elderly chap passing away also because he's currently ill. Disgusting.

You don't suppose it was a joke? :rolleyes:

That old bloke is an unpleasant individual, I shall not mourn his passing.

And yet here you are with all your condescending disinterest. As some have said, it beats Covid stats and miseries. That old bloke is an unpleasant individual, I shall not mourne his passing.

i said i have to laugh at the fighting... and there you go proving my point

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You're right. Let's all talk about our exciting plans for the weekend.

Oh wait ...

• Advertisement

i said i have to laugh at the fighting... and there you go proving my point

And you have just become the very thing you were mocking, though I suspect it might take about 5 hours for that to click.

I think the worst aspect of the thread is not the believing or disbelieving of the mental health card, but the claim from some posters that because she is a woman of color, people are all against her.....that is both absurd and dangerous.

That is not to say that people do not behave like this.....but on this thread I have not seen it...

Of course people are racist. Racism is everywhere...it's part of human nature...

But not everyone who is opposed to Meghan here is opposed due to her being a woman of color, and to suggest this is appalling.

Harry and his kid will never be on the throne so there is no need to keep them in the fold.

It is extremely unlikely, but if a plane carrying Willam's family were to crash, he would be. Not called 'spares' for nothing. William's own mother died in an event so gobsmackingly unlikely justifiable conspiracy thoughts emerged.

The French politician and head of the Dassault empire was just killed in a helicpter malfunction a couple of days ago. Accidents happen to important people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Since I went to England 50 years ago I have never understood why they have royals and venerate them, It's a mad idea. A Catholic can't be king or queen, so the monarchy is deeply sectarian. But the English, who I have great time for as a people, just think it's great and that its a tradition that should never be changed.
    We've had Mary Robinson, Mary McAleese and Michael D Higgins as elected heads of State in recent years, the Queen of England isn't in their league in terms of intellect or life experience. We are well served by our system, and bizarrely given the population disparities, we always have a more talented head of State.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Problem here is that that any negativity towards here is spun into hate for her.....that is absurd.......how could I hate her? She has no connection/influence to me.

You've spent the last two days constantly attacking her and calling her names and then you wonder why people think you hate her. Right...

You've spent the last two days constantly attacking her and calling her names and then wonder why people think you hate her. Right...

Calling her names?

You need to let it go....your attitude here stinks....

I do not hate Meghan Markle

I do believe that her behavior in the interview was contemptible...

Harry's too....and I don't hate Harry either

Cop on for chrissake.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

kowloonkev wrote: »
    I would envisage she'll get bored of Harry in a few years and she'll be back on Opera in a few years while he will have nowhere to turn. Harry really is thick.

Get the general impression she doesn't do permanence too well. She's previously divorced, is estranged from her family and now apparently estranged from her family in law after roasting them on US talk TV.

She gave up acting on getting married but the royal lifestyle thing in the UK didn't suit either - with the couple moving to Canada only to decamp to California sometime later.

Strong possibility that Harry will not stay the course or at least she won't. Tbh its the kids I feel sorry for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

It’s bad enough the ‘royals’ are on English TV all the time now we’re going to have these two twats on American TV too.

Nothing worse that clicking over to BBC during Christmas and seeing that old prune waffling on.

Since I went to England 50 years ago I have never understood why they have royals and venerate them, It's a mad idea. A Catholic can't be king or queen, so the monarchy is deeply sectarian. But the English, who I have great time for as a people, just think it's great and that its a tradition that should never be changed.
    We've had Mary Robinson, Mary McAleese and Michael D Higgins as elected heads of State in recent years, the Queen of England isn't in their league in terms of intellect or life experience. We are well served by our system, and bizarrely given the population disparities, we always have a more talented head of State.

I would suggest she most definitely is in their league, and possibly above their league, with her life experience and I would imagine she is just as intelligent as those three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The baby skin color.....that was not at all elaborated on, no context, no nothing...

Quite possible it was even like this: "Ah, I wonder what skin color the baby will have."

Harry is pasty white and Meghan is tanned.

Thrown in for maximum damage and publicity.

Two absolute cretins....

One of them a Swastika wearing Nazi......

It's either Harry that pushed it or her....or both

All scenarios as bad as the other...

yes, they are cretens because they mentioned that someone expressed concerns about the child's skin color.
    realistically, who gives a damn about what color the child's skin would be?
    this is just looking for any old thing to bash them with.
    On a general note, I think the most dangerous people are the ones who actively are going out of their way to find and create racist angles and situations where they don't exist, or at least do not exist with any level of malice...

and how do you know that they either don't exist, or don't exist without any mallice?
    that very well may be the case but how would you know? you weren't there, neither were the rest of us.
    Dead right to what?

To expect that the centuries of tradition and protocol don't apply to her?

Are you for real?

Whether you agree with the RF and its traditions or not is irrelevant,,..,,,

They are the rules for the RF, and some z list actress doesn't get to pick and choose how she behaves as a royal..

She couldn't take this.....and cried off and blabbered her mouth off

And it's not like she was asked to leave, She and Harry stormed off like two spoilt children that couldn't get their way.

And I am not bothered at all....I am juts calling them out for what I see.....that's all...

Isn't this what the thread is for? To debate them and five your view on it?

to do the interview.
    oh the nonsense gibberish protocol applied to her however she had the guts and ability to break it where and when she could and well done to her.
    megan got to pick and choose how she behaved and decided along with her husband that they would quit being senior members so they could live their own life.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement