Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Yeah very much so- what the king says in public these days about family is likely only to be about his working family- H&M want privacy remember? 🤪

So I don’t think we’ll see King Charles talking up H&M any time soon- of course they’d probably love a positive mention as it would do their brand no harm but a lot of water needs to go under that bridge yet- I couldn’t imagine H&M sitting across the Christmas table from Wills and Kate - total cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

William and Kate would want their heads examined to have have the other 2 over.

Keep them as far away as possible, it's sad for the children but needs must. They'd just spout more nonsense.

Well if Harry is willing to spill the beans on brotherly fisty cuffs which should never have got an airing no less nonsense over wedding arguments about children’s clothes fittings, then it’s clear he’ll spout any rubbish he gets his hands on so yep, bang on- there’s speculation they might get a grandfatherly invite for Scotland after Christmas - at least the brothers won’t have to meet for that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

It's gas how M and H can even speculate that they can play happy families with W and C after all they have said and done.🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Why shouldn't Harry say what happened. It demonstrates exactly why they left (lack of support from the Royal Family over the treatment of Meghan in the Press). And when it comes to tears about wedding dresses - I agree with you, that should not have gone anywhere near the tabloids who misreported exactly what happened, claiming that Meghan made Kate cry, when in fact the opposite happened. Do you question at all how two faced the Firm/RF are or is that ok with you that it is fine for them to make up bullshit about someone else to make their lives hell so that they will the country?

• Advertisement

Thought it was obvious at this stage that It’s fine by me- thanks 🤪

So, you admire the Royal Family for being two faced and tell lies at the expense of others? I can't think of anyone who would think that is a good trait (other than Trump maybe and some of the US Maga crowd). Do you despise Harry because he tells the truth?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Wait I thought Meghan made Catherine cry first with her "baby brain" comment? Then Meghan got upset about being told off for it. Harry writes about this in his book. Jeez, it's all so juvenile lol

😀😀😆 I don't despise any of them - they’re just endless entertainment for me and for many in this thread- can you not see that at this stage? Their lives are so far removed from most on this planet and yet H&M continue to be the most contradictory and hypocritical “do as I say not as I do” spoilt toffs - all you can do is laugh and mock - I’m sorry but you won’t get me into a serious discussion around Harry being more sinned against than sinning -he’s a spoilt brat 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

There really is an alternative dimension. H&M fabricate whatever suits the current rendition of "their truth", and are repeatedly caught out. But it seems they will never learn. And once Omid Scabies is injected into the mix, as is about to happen, we will be able to raise the bullshit level to Category 5.

• Advertisement

Hey you’re using my “Scabies” name - that will be £5 copyright please 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

No, thats not what happened. Megan was accused of bullying Charlotte. I think that would upset anyone if they were accused of bullying a 3 year old. What actually happened was that there was a problem with the hem of Charlotte's dress and Kate wouldn't turn up to a fitting with Charlotte and wanted a new dress made (a few days before the wedding). There are texts of Meghan to Kate begging her to bring Charlotte for a dress fitting. This turned up in the press as somehow Meghan making Kate cry. Meghan corrected what actually happened 3 years later on the Oprah interview and made excuses for Kate being a momzilla because she had just had a baby. This was also around the time that Willie was taking legal action against the tabloids to stop them publicising his affair with Rose Hanbury.

Now you see how wrong your tabloid version of events are!

Bullshit. Most people would be bored with them at this stage to be still reading the tabloids about Meghan buying fish and chips or whatever! How come you don't join in slagging off the rest of the Royal Family. For instance, Williams global environmental PR attempts couldn't get him into Newsweek's top 100 influential climate change advocates - and Newsweek is a right wing magazine that is usually very pro monarchy/conservative.

I’m actually beginning to like your posts- they’re terribly entertaining It’s wonderful, do keep posting- it’s a nice change from recycled stories and nothing news from the daily mail.

So you asked a question- why don’t I slag off William? Awe no he’s a nice chap - I couldn’t be doing that - besides he hasn’t gone and spilled beans and talked about his rotter of a brother and the beastly things they got up to- naw Williams a good egg.

🤪

I prefer Tom Bower's account of who the bully is and who made whom cry, in his meticulously researched and well written book, "Revenge". Notably, H&M have yet to sue Tom Bowers (or Valentine Low, for that matter) for any "inaccuracies". Suing is their go-to default setting, so their inaction speaks volumes. Here is an excerpt.

Kate thought (the dress) was too short, and anyway did not fit. Melissa Toubati, Meghan’s assistant, and the dress-fitters employed by Givenchy’s Clare Waight Keller, witnessed Meghan emphatically reject Kate’s observation. Compromise was not a trait Meghan embraced. The stand-offs, Kate decided, confirmed the complaints by Toubati and other members of staff about Meghan. Kate burst into tears. Kirstie Allsopp, a friend of Camilla, would later confirm that Kate was reduced to tears by Meghan bullying her staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

They'd paid out £32 million for a wedding which was effectively a career launch for two royals who were popular and would be hitting the ground running in the working role and then the same family were quickly feeding Meghan to the wolves of the press so that they'd leave the country? Make it make sense.

Harry tells the truth? "Whatever the cause, my memory is my memory, it does what it does, gathers and curates as it sees fit, and there's just as much truth in what I remember and how I remember it as there is in so-called objective facts."

Based on that quote that Harry is a post-truth guy

• Advertisement

So, the only reason you think William is a good egg is because he does not say anything? You like your princes dumb then?

So how do you explain the text messages from Meghan to Kate begging her to bring Charlotte to get the dress fit? Why was Kate refusing to bring Charlotte to a fitting? Why was Kate demanding that Charlotte wear tights?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Maybe because Megain was being so difficult?

Awful spiteful behaviour to publish texts.

I don't know about you but since Scobie is topical and about kids tights I'd take the word of someone who said they weren't involved in his Finding Freedom book but got exposed in court as a liar (oh my bad, as having an unfortunate lapse of memory) with a very large pinch of salt indeed. Throw in the hypocrisy of publishing texts while she sued her dad over a letter in there for good measure. He dedicated five pages of spare to that story. About a childs tights. It's a level of self absorption that is both impressive and disturbing.

Also Giles Coren has now twice said he was telling lies about the Rose Hanbury affair. Being a wind up merchant. Are you still going with the whole William settled with Murdoch/got into bed with News Corp so they wouldn't publish about his affair type thinking?

About £30m of that was for overtime for security and protection of the Royal Family and high profile guests, most of whom would have been invited by the royal family. Did Meghan have 30 people there from her side? I believe the actual wedding cost about £3 million (Meghan paid for her own dresses etc), and the rest of the money was overtime for security and policing.

How much was spent on William & Kate's wedding in 2011? They took about 10 years to hit the ground running LOL.

That would be the Melissa Toubati whose previous experience was as the nanny to Robbie Williams children and who 'embelished her cv that she got a job as Meghans PA? How the hell would she have the experience to organise a royal wedding, though you think as a nanny she would have been able to manage the pages and flower girls!

Oh, and by the way, the problem with Charlotte's dress was that the hem was uneven and could have been easily fixed by the tailor who was there to fix such things.

By the way, Toubati was fired by the Palace, not by Meghan!

Yeah I'd like to see the whole text exchange (not that this will ever happen mind) and not the ones selected by her husband for his book. It's his memoir and he's going on for five pages about who made who cry over tights. Almost obsessive. Almost like this story getting out began a downward spiral they've been fighting against ever since. Remember these are the two who in their Netflix series just happen to have the cameras rolling at the exact moment his brother sends a text i.e. they're clearly building a self serving victim narrative. I don't buy it, I think they are manipulating their story but that's just my take on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Lads, some of ye have great patience!

Which wedding cost £3 million? The spectacle one or the one that happened three days before it? 😄

I read £30 million was spent for Will and Kates wedding but he'll be a monarch and I guess the rationale is spending that level of money is justified since the Firms brand balances it out over time. Like a club spending heavily on a popular player but recouping most of it via shirt sales, a Royal wedding is an economic money spinner and ones involving heirs in particular are very rare. A difference as well is that W&K seem committed long term (they'll be King and Queen for decades assuming they remain healthy) while the other two swannied off to America after 18 months. I actually think that's where the we-got-married-3-days-before nonsense stemmed from i.e. we didn't want the spectacle, we just wanted something private, we were pretty much forced into the spectacle.

An attempt to justify leaving so soon after such money was spent. As if the guy who moaned that his brother was getting an extra sausage or that, unlike his brother, he didn't have a window in his bedroom in a bloody Palace didn't also want the big public wedding.

• Advertisement

From memory I think this is what supposedly happened. The plan was for the girls to have no stockings. Kate suggested no stockings would chafe Charlotte and asked for stockings i.e. comfortable kid, less chance for disruption and having to deal with that in front of millions. Meghan disagreed. Kate then says dress needs altering. Doesn't fit. You have Baby brain. Post partum Kate gets upset. Meghan dealing with her dad being a bollox takes a straight to the point Kate up the wrong way. Stressed out. Cries. Kate brings flowers the next day. Soz. The people involved in fittings and such gossip and it leaks out. Duchess Difficult. Made Kate cry! Family lets the tabloids act the bollox as they do. This too shall pass. Wedding is a hit. Fab Four. Megxit. Three bloody years later Meghan talking about it on Oprah. No, twas Waitey Katey who made me cry. Sure they were only rude to her, they were racist to me. Two years later again Harry publishing Whats App messages It's so ridiculous and petty.

Advertisement