Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

and also, by your response you give these stories credence - hmmm that’s interesting

Ha ha you’re “a randomer on the internet” also- so tell us all how your opinion is so darned superior.

Boo hoo - so stay in LA so- like it’s sooo safer than the UK 😝

The Duke of Sussex has said he and his family were 'forced' to leave the country in 2020 - and refuses to accept that he chose to step down from royal duties.

^^^^ YEAH RIGHT - like WTF ? Again you’d want to be a complete moron to believe that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Re-writing history on an industrial scale. Quelle surprise.

Finding Freedom will have to be updated. Let’s start with the title. How about “Forced Into Exile”.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Who said they were invited to a wedding or Christmas. Specifically?

• Advertisement

Another quality story - I think this is the first time I quoted GB News 😀

Apparently William is saying H&M are out of ammunition and now is a good time to nuke them forevah- or words to that effect 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

A Sussex "source". Your guess as to who that is specifically is as good as mine. 🤷‍♂️

Iirc they were the ones who issued a statement saying they wouldn't be full time working royals anymore. They weren't forced to make that statement. They chose to do that. They wanted to SussexRoyal themselves overseas and bank millions while retaining annual access back with the top tier royal events. Great for the brand. Perfectly reasonable of them to ask for what they thought they could get. A new model of service H&M style.

The Queen said they had to be either in or out and clipped their use of royal branding. They had a year to mull over it all (and particularly to think about what this meant for their security) and they chose the fully out option. Security was automatically gone. It transpired that this had no meaningful effect for them anyway since they were able to sign mega million deals which could pay for the best security. It would all involve work since there's no such thing as a free lunch yet they themselves said they wanted to have financial independence.

So it is the Queen not acquiescing to the having your cake and eating it deal (i.e. get f*cked) which now equates to being "forced to leave". They weren't forced to leave. They were forced to accept one of the options which the Queen set out and it's a crucial difference. It's Harry playing victim again but what else should we expect.

Post edited by valoren on

I’ll do a search for a peer reviewed article in both Oxford and Cambridge for you 😄

• Advertisement

Super post and completely factual- they have since spun a different story to muddy the waters but that’s essentially it - they had a job- they didn’t want that job- they asked for a different job- they were refused- they left the company - it’s that simple - since then they made a complete mess of anything they touched.

I remember the king saying “and H&M are now living in America doing their own thing” sort of reference and he wished them well - in other words, they’re no longer part of the working royals- but they’ve been shouting for attention as royals ever since - it’s bizzare

No need, just stop reading and sharing from the Daily Mail and GB News.

Simple really.

What do you mean? These are quality media articles commensurate with your fine posts 😂

And besides it makes total sense to post DM articles in reply - the DM slates Meaghan at every opportunity- you support her at every opportunity - the thread needs balance - if you care to join a discussion somewhere in the middle like pretty much everyone else then fine but in the meantime, the Daily Mail is the really only suitable response to the majority of your posts.

Post edited by Oscar_Madison on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Its just rubbish speculation or William trying to save face! There is absolutely no chance that Harry & Meghan would want to be associated with a 'Firm' (ak as Royal Family) that is so manipulated by Rupert Murdock and the British gutter media.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

There is absolutely no chance that Harry & Meghan would want to be associated with a 'Firm' (ak as Royal Family) that is so manipulated by Rupert Murdock and the British gutter media.

But they desperately do want to be associated with it. They wanted to be half in, half out royals, wanted to promote themselves as Sussex Royal, they use their titles, accepted titles for their children as soon as they were eligible, use the association to make money via interviews, a Netflix series, books etc.

If they wanted to dissociate themselves they'd relinquish their title and get on with their lives.

It's actually hilarious that no one has any interest in what they do unless they're bitching about Harry's family, they have nothing of value otherwise to offer. What will they do when there's no more family gossip to peddle?

Well I agree with you on one thing- it’s a total made up speculative story alight - but as leg end said above, with very little options open to them now to make money and a hell of a lot of bridges burnt, ironically the RF might be their only shelter from a storm

When they say 'forced' to leave the UK - they mean they were forced to leave by the relentless criticism and racism, stoking up hate by the British gutter press and the many death threats. Meghan was suicidal. Their so called Family refused to help them (ak like the King of Norway did for his sister).

That is the reason they left the UK. They wanted to work and live partly in the Commonwealth as Ambassadors, but they were refused that. What they were offered was a trial period of a year to see how they could work that out, but the Firm reneighed on that by pulling their security and informing the gutter press where they were staying in Canada. By the way, their security was pulled while they were still full time working royals (according to what they say in the court papers where the dates are actually given.

Also interesting to see that the reason Harry only stayed a few hours for the Coronation was because he wasn't given protection.

According to Harry's representation at the Court Case, their security was pulled was because Harry refused to back down from sueing Rupert Murdock's The Sun for invasion of privacy. He was told that if he didn't back down from doing this, his security would be pulled (and everything else such as his military honours). For the record, QEII had given Harry permission to sue The Sun (and his other court cases).

They didn't say they wanted financial independence - they said they were willing to try and achieve financial independence (which they have done).

And just for the record, as it seems to be noticeably ignored generally - Harry was prepared to pay for his security. The reason why he isn't providing his own as in the US is because his US security are not licenced to operate in the UK (carry guns) and do not have access to intelligence on what the threats are.

An awful lot of water went under the bridge by the time the King got to say that.

I actually feel sorry for Charles. He is very weak and his heir is a right bully boy.

Charles certainly isn’t the most inspirational King alright especially given his past history- but he’s been placed into an extraordinarily difficult position by his son who’s essentially having a public family argument with him.

I’ve no doubt similar arguments went on between Charles and Philip but the public didn’t have to listen to them all- In fact it’s very little business of the public- these are private matters in the main.

The allegations of racism downgraded to unconscious bias should never have been aired- if it happened as described which I and others doubt, it should have been sorted privately. Likewise Meaghans depression or suicidal thoughts - Harry had the best doctors in the world at his disposal and limitless money - there was no excuse not to take care of Meaghans medical needs and absolutely no one needed to know about such a private matter.

I just see two rich kids selling salacious gossip wrapped up in a “brand” being sold to the highest bidder- do you not think that’s a bit sad? If you had a younger brother and he did that, how would you feel?

There’s quite a lot of assertions in this post that deserve a response, which I will get round to. But just for now..

According to Harry's representation at the Court Case, their security was pulled was because Harry refused to back down from sueing Rupert Murdock's The Sun for invasion of privacy. He was told that if he didn't back down from doing this, his security would be pulled (and everything else such as his military honours). For the record, QEII had given Harry permission to sue The Sun (and his other court cases).

If you believe that, you’ll believe any claptrap. Do you think that RAVEC is in the pay of Murdock or, just as fancifully, the Royal Family. That’s delusional!

• Advertisement

Re paying for security.

It isn't being ignored. Harry lost his public funded security when he made the decision to step down as a full time working member of the royal family. It is RAVEC who decides security. Harry decided to take a case against the decision since he was born into the risk and was entitled to security. Public funded security. It was only after he took the case that court documents were filed as part of it and in these documents was that he was offering to pay for the security himself.

What we're dealing with here is spinning a story for the public. The negative spin is that this is really Harry taking the government to court to have his security reinstated. Security paid for by the public if he wins. This is the true (concealed from the public) position. He, in this case, knows that paying for police is unlikely to succeed but is good optics/PR. Buying police is possible but only when it is done in the public interest i.e. matches with thousands of people? Yes. Minding a Prince going to the TK Maxx sale? No. In short, give me what I am entitled to and at the tax payers expense is not great PR.

The positive spin is that we're supposed to believe that this is Harry taking the government to court to allow him to personally pay for his security when in the UK. No public money will be used if he wins. This is the stated (public relations statement) position. It's the version not-a-Sussex-mouthpiece Omid Scobie peddles and the version you have peddled i.e. Hero Harry wants to protect his family with top level security and will happily pay for it but the government won't let him.

ANL published an article pointing out this spin from the Sussex camp i.e. that the offer to pay was only introduced after taking the case for re-instatemet to begin with i.e. Offering to pay was not the initial motivation. He just wanted what he had previously re-instated.

Harry is suing ANL for defamation based on this article (judge said obviously it is reporting on spin but spin can have various definitions/meanings and since defamatory words were used then he had a case for defamation). His lawyers have sought a summary judgment because the argument is that ANL have no defense. However a judge has reviewed it, dismissed the request for dismissal, and says not only does ANL have a defense ("honest man") but it has a strong chance of arguing that there was indeed spin involved. He also pointed out the irony that the claimant (Harry) having a public role in fighting misinformation when he has potentially engaged in the very thing that he is fighting against.

First of all, he was still a fulltime working royal when he lost his full-time public security. (We know this because he was still doing Royal events as a fulltime working royal after his security was taken from him.

He is sueing Ravec because he wasn't given a right to appeal that decision and he was not informed that one of Charles private secretaries was one of the decision makers.

Worth noting that Ravec's decision deemed that if he was killed, there would be no damage to the British State, so no matter!

The rest of your post is basically the Daily Mail defence of what they did! Do you approvate that Charles & William are now likely going to have end up in court explaining what happened. It will be interesting to see if they deny (under oath) that Harry had offered to pay for his security while in the UK.

The other 'media' sources don't seem to have the same 'win for the Daily Mail' as the one you produced. You seem delighted that both Charles & William will have to turn up in a public court explaining when Harry offered to pay for his security and why they didn't pass this information onto Revac!

Despite everything, Harry seems to still want to spare the RF & the British Government their public blushes!

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-67658512

Yeah, when you're not actually "working" as a working royal then your security status changes. Applies to all of them. You're implying his dads private secretary is involved in pulling security. All part of your conspiracy theory plot to kill nonsense I suppose. You do realise that something like RAVEC exists primarily because of the security risk for the Royal Family right? All of them. That it isn't the family who actually decide on security? Been over this so many times. He is 6th in line and not in the direct line. He is rank and file. A multi millionaire who can well afford the best security money can buy and the kind that A listers use to keep them and their families safe. It must be pointed out that whenever he is in the UK on official engagement he does get security regardless. All of them do. Public funded security. The rest of them exist perfectly ok without any drama over security.

To be honest instead of issuing an unprecedented statement about what they wanted and then going on an immature victim playing freedom flight then I am sure if they all sat down and actually thrashed out the details about what half in and half out meant and how it could work then the proper arrangements would have been trashed out including agreement on security. In reading up on the cases and trying to make sense of them then what comes across to me is more of the same epitome of entitlement with a streak of manipulation and spin. Quite simply, he doesn't want to accept or acknowledge that he is now at the same security risk and status as say Zara or Lady Louise. He thinks he is special. He isn't. No more outriders to look like Billy Big Bollox. Getting transferred securely in Volkswagens is a blow to his ego.

Harry seems to still want to spare

Ironic your selection of words. Spare, indeed.

Ironic, as well, that the heir to the throne can carry his work without a fleet of Chevrolet Suburbans with blacked out windows, armed security, or demanding the signing of NDAs by all present, whether under 18 or not. (and the horse, probably!)

I'm also waiting with baited breath to see what stunt Meghan pulls today as Catherine, Princess of Wales, hosts her annual Westminster Abbey carol concert.

Do you ever reflect on what H&M chose to give up? They could have been so influential on the future of the Royal Family, but Meghan's inability to not work within a hierarchy that's only been around over 1000 years cooked that goose. Meghan believes she is something very special. She's not. She's a product of her upbringing - her Dad is culpable here, at least in part - and she has delusions of grandeur. Not a good vibe from someone who feels she should be adored.

Harry will always be a Prince of the Realm and all that so he has his fame built into the equation no matter what he does. I follow Todd Grande in YouTube and he recently did an analysis of the End Game translation debacle and one of the comments summed it all up so perfectly. Meghan Markle has been having the longest fifteen minutes of fame ever.

As you say there was so much potential along with support there but now, with a new year looming, it looks like they'll both be fighting mutual court cases instead and are as much Out of that which made them appealing in the first place as they could possibly be. Circling the drain now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

I never found the Royals interesting, even when I was living in London. But Harry has made the whole soap opera interesting, by being such a looder. Takes private jets and lectures about climate change, he's one of the world's richest people but writes a book about how hard his life has been, he invents being in a car chase through New York, he pretends family members are racist, he does an interview with Oprah Winfrey but complains about press intrusion. A gas fcking man tbf.

Advertisement