Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Stateofyou wrote: »
    You're here making the same points-are you quite okay yourself, or is it just that you've run out of valid points so you're resorting to passive aggressive insults?

You wrote the book on passive-aggressive insults! You are blinded by your own sense of superior opinion. Seriously

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

walshb wrote: »
    I mentioned this very point

It’s the most telling of all.

They fooked off in a huff..

Not content with just effing off, they then start throwing grenades at a whole institution and people on a chat show..

I am gobsmacked that many don’t see this as lowlife behaviour like I do

But they didn't fook off in a huff. Harry said he didn't blindside his grandmother and talks had been going on for months. BP acknowledged that too. He clearly never expected security to be pulled suddenly in light of his inherited and increased risk.

I'm sure both sides feel as if they've been through the war zone at this point.

BettyS wrote: »
    You wrote the book on passive-aggressive insults! You are blinded by your own sense of superior opinion. Seriously

Name one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

I don't think he ever thought his own family would pull his security, and before he could arrange his own. Do you think anyone deserves something like that?

So why didn't they first arrange everything and then leave? They were just forcing it.

And you're biased in the opposite, good job. :pac:

I have never come out openly against them. I don’t know what I actually think of them. But I am open to hearing all facts.

And while we are at it, you deride the royal’s treatment of Meghan. Did Charles not walk Meghan down the aisle???

• Advertisement

If I’m making the same points it’s because you’re asking the same questions and the answers aren’t quite penetrating

Point out where I've asked the same questions in light of the same answers. In fact, I've made different points, in light of different answers.

You just don't like my points, the annoyance that you aren't let to unquestioningly paint them out as villains is quite clear in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

A witty poster in another thread calls this the Meghan and Hostage thread.

:D:D:D

I have never come out openly against them. I don’t know what I actually think of them. But I am open to hearing all facts.

And while we are at it, you deride the royal’s treatment of Meghan. Did Charles not walk Meghan down the aisle???

He did! Wasn't it a lovely gesture? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He did! Wasn't it a lovely gesture? :)

It absolutely was...

Give the man some credit...

Her own father was nowhere to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

EOLTHShW4AUoqWw.jpg:large

“Harry and Meghan have made it clear that they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives”.... until next year when they dramatically bitch to Oprah about being cut off financially.

• Advertisement

JoChervil wrote: »
    So why didn't they first arrange everything and then leave? They were just forcing it. (BTW example of extortion taxpayers money)

I don't know, but in my opinion he didn't think security was going to be pulled as he says he was born into that family and situation and therefore inherited the risk. I think they were quite ready to provide for their security asap but it was pulled suddenly which put them in danger. Who does that? Thankfully Tyler Perry stepped up and provided this for them until they were able to arrange it themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

I mentioned this very point

It’s the most telling of all.

They fooked off in a huff..

Not content with just effing off, they then start throwing grenades at a whole institution and people on a chat show..

I am gobsmacked that many don’t see this as lowlife behaviour like I do

They left, started a new life and the English press kept after them. The press was still full of stories about Meg and Harry. This puts a line under it now. The press are made to look exactly what they are, a group of racist scumbags. They are the biggest losers in this.

I am gobsmacked by the behaviour of people since the interview. The Royal Family have huge issues for a number of years, this is absolutely no surprise yet we have people online acting as if the Royal Family is crystal clean. Also some people are going on as if they insulted a member of their own family.

“Harry and Meghan have made it clear that they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives”.... until next year when they dramatically bitch to Oprah about being cut off financially.

"Period of transition" being the operative words, no? Yet Harry said security was pulled suddenly. Doesn't sound transitionary to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

sebdavis wrote: »
    Like, huh? do you think he is walking around London checking the hot spots?

A huge part of the interview was about living in the royal "bubble". They don't go out and see people, they are even unaware they are in a bubble as everyone else they know is in it with them.

Right so, Harry never drove (or was driven) down various streets in London in cars, never looked out the windows of those cars? Yes, it’s oblivious to not know that London is a very ethnically diverse city.

Point out where I've asked the same questions in light of the same answers. In fact, I've made different points, in light of different answers.

You just don't like my points, the annoyance that you aren't let to unquestioningly paint them out as villains is quite clear in my opinion.

You keep repeating that his family pulled his security away from him and seem unable to acknowledge that the Royal family have nothing to do with the security.

He should have known it would happen, and I'm sure his security was discussed with him when he said he was leaving.

The French media are reporting that it was one of the royal courtisans that made the remark. They are saying that it was never a member of the royal family itself that made the remark

https://madame.lefigaro.fr/celebrites/stephane-bern-decrypte-linterview-explosive-de-meghan-markle-et-du-prince-harry-100321-195658

It absolutely was...

Give the man some credit...

Her own father was nowhere to be seen.

I do give him credit, I think that was a lovely thing to do. Her own father is a disgrace, clearly...

Actually interestingly the Oprah interview showed this statement but cut it off just before the bit that said they don’t want to be reliant on public funds. Haha.

bubblypop wrote: »
    You keep repeating that his family pulled his security away from him and seem unable to acknowledge that the Royal family have nothing to do with the security.

He should have known it would happen, and I'm sure his security was discussed with him when he said he was leaving.

It's funny that I'm being accused of asking the same questions, yet others are and they've already been answered.

But it's no big deal to me to repeat what I've already said.

The Queen makes the rules. She could have also issued letters patent for Archie. They already knew of the increased risk and death threats as they already had 1. released a statement on behalf of the RF and Harry, and 2. Harry said they acknowledged the risk hadn't changed before pulling the security "suddenly."

Secondly, I already pointed out the royal family are independently wealthy, and could have looked after their own family until Harry and Meghan could have arranged it themselves. But instead, it was pulled suddenly from them at the time the Daily Mail announced their Canadian location to the world and the borders were about to close.

Harry said he asked if the risk had changed (in relation to security) and "a few weeks later they finally got back" and said no, but they were pulling anyway. I don't think that can be justified in my opinion. And so to your last point, no, it obviously wasn't discussed with him before they left.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

"Period of transition" being the operative words, no? Yet Harry said security was pulled suddenly. Doesn't sound transitionary to me.

They're gone a while. Harry doesn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the cutlery drawer so maybe he forgot the date?

Like the confusion over when the racism happened. Meghan said it was when she was pregnant, Hostage said it was before they got married.

Some recollections may vary indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Actually interestingly the Oprah interview showed this statement but cut it off just before the bit that said they don’t want to be reliant on public funds. Haha.

Plus, you gotta remember..imagine what the backlash would be from the UK taxpayers if they thought they were funding security for the Sussexes to live in Canada/USA while 'stepping back' from royal duties.

To thine own self be true

Would it change people’s perception if it was a royal courtisan that made the remark?

The French media are reporting that it was one of the royal courtisans that made the remark. They are saying that it was never a member of the royal family itself that made the remark

https://madame.lefigaro.fr/celebrites/stephane-bern-decrypte-linterview-explosive-de-meghan-markle-et-du-prince-harry-100321-195658

Me reading that article and not understanding one word of it

200.gif

They're gone a while. Harry doesn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the cutlery drawer so maybe he forgot the date?

Like the confusion over when the racism happened. Meghan said it was when she was pregnant, Hostage said it was before they got married.

Some recollections may vary indeed.

Calling people "hostage" instead of their name is quite immature.

Anyway, they're gone a while, yep! But at the time the security pulled, they had only just left and were still in Canada so I don't see how you've made a valid point here. This has already been pointed out numerous times but it's Harry who's not the sharpest knife? :pac:

I think the confusion comes from interpretation, and he didn't say before they got married. If I'm wrong please point that out, definitely open to correction on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

I do give him credit, I think that was a lovely thing to do. Her own father is a disgrace, clearly...

How could he walked her if he was not invited?

Me reading that article and not understanding one word of it

200.gif

I was afraid that certain posters would attack me for not including my sources :eek:

Plus, you gotta remember..imagine what the backlash would be from the UK taxpayers if they thought they were funding security for the Sussexes to live in Canada/USA while 'stepping back' from royal duties.

Are the royal family short of independent wealth?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

And what about the earrings that she wore by the Saudi royal family?

For somebody who is so conscious of the power of gestures and actions, it is a tad hypocritical

Well if it's good enough for The Queen, Diana and Camilla to wear tainted Saudi jewels, what's your problem with Meghan following a long established tradition?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1034900/Saudi-Arabia-Royal-family-diamond-gift-jewels-queen-Royal-news

It's funny that I'm being accused of asking the same questions, yet others are and they've already been answered.

But it's no big deal to me to repeat what I've already said.

The Queen makes the rules. She could have also issued letters patent for Archie. They already knew of the increased risk and death threats as they already had 1. released a statement on behalf of the RF and Harry, and 2. Harry said they acknowledged the risk hadn't changed before pulling the security "suddenly."

Secondly, I already pointed out the royal family are independently wealthy, and could have looked after their own family until Harry and Meghan could have arranged it themselves. But instead, it was pulled suddenly from them at the time the Daily Mail announced their Canadian location to the world and the borders were about to close.

Harry said he asked if the risk had changed (in relation to security) and "a few weeks later they finally got back" and said no, but they were pulling anyway. I don't think that can be justified in my opinion. And so to your last point, no, it obviously wasn't discussed with him before they left.

The queen does not make the rules in relation to the security detail.
    Can you accept that the family did not take away his security?

There is no reason for him not to be aware of his own security, and he is independently wealthy, so no reason why he and MM shouldn't pay for for their own.

• Advertisement

JoChervil wrote: »
    How could he walked her if he was not invited?

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking here.

Advertisement