Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the news paper that supported the nazis during their reign, and it's fans/readers.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Off the top of your head can you name any big money deals they've signed up to this year alone? I can't. It's always this "something in the works/big plans" type PR manifesting plus the deals they signed up for years ago now.

What is holding up these Qataris ready to throw money at them then? Just because one has fame monetising it is another thing altogether and it has to be acknowledged that their foray into Hollywood went through a boom/bust cycle. They seem so bereft of gigs/opportunities that she actually needs to be an investor in a company in order get any public facing involvement.

Even with prospective Qatar deals then there would be other competitors (and without the baggage) chasing those same deals but...yeah...yeah...I must hate them for simply pointing stuff like that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,117 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Off the top of your head can you name any big money deals they've signed up to this year alone?

Why would they need to sign up to big money deals every year?

Anyway like most in Hollywood, wealth creation will be by investments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

I think there's a few typos in your post.

...yet their they they're getting more minted skint by the month

....one of the most famous infamous couples on the planet...... they have the ability to command large sums SUVs.

....maybe the Qatarians Qataris - (they're unlikely to pay you for anything if you refer to their nationality as if they were aliens from another planet).

Personally, I wish they would get off their backsides and earn some money, but having read about their "Hollywood Comeback" several dozen times this year, when the totality of their output has been a promo video for a coffee company, I am skeptical that this will ever happen.

Setting to one side that in order to make a "Hollywood comeback", you need to have made it already in Hollywood, the couple who have been labeled the two of the biggest losers in Hollywood by The Hollywood Reporter (link 1 below) are simultaneously being quoted by a "source" thus: 'Harry and Meghan think 2024 will be the year of redemption' - with Meghan apparently "turning down offers of work left, right and centre and Harry also in 'extremely high demand'." (link 2 below). And all of this after reports that Harry And Meghan “Believe Royal Family Behind Vendetta Blocking Big Brand Deals” (link 3 below)

I'd love it if they were to stop going round and round in the holding pattern, make an approach to land, and successfully land something; nay, anything, or anywhere; that will occupy them meaningfully and allowed them to STFU. Then most of us could enjoy 2024 just a little bit more, knowing that we won't hear anymore about near-catastrophic car chases, private jet flights for security, cavalcades of blacked out window SUVs, sausages and the lack thereof, Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream and its frozen todger properties (especially the quote that "My mom used that on her lips", which will always make me shudder - he needs to acquire a speech filter FFS), pap walks, comp'd hotels and holiday venues, IPP status, military uniforms and medals,

It's important, imo, to listen very carefully whatever this pair say, or read what they write. They tend to speak/write in ways that are actually vague and non-specific, so many of us will add an interpretation which afterwards, they will gainsay. Classic example - Harry denied calling the Royal Family racist in his 2021 interview with Oprah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Karppi disagreed with your opinion and did so by providing an excerpt from what appears to be a genuine source of information along with a link so that others can go and check for themselves. Can you provide similar to back up your opinion?

• Advertisement

What are they worth? 120m?

Where did it all go wrong George? The begrudgery is savage. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Look, there was invisible people sitting in those Wimbledon seats.

I don't know why you just can't accept it!

120 million? So even at 3% interest/dividends someone born into risk would be making $3.6 million a year which by any measure can handily pay for world class security. Even in the UK. And all without touching the principle. Financial independence.👍😀

I reckon he's at half that.

iirc Netflix was a reported 120 million, Spotify was 18 and Penguin 20 but these figures are total deal amounts which would incorporate production costs (all the staff/crew getting paid) and they got the signing bonus as well as money when material was actually released from these deals so taking his inheritance from the his family (with more to come), millions into Archewell (which they can take 95% from) then 60 would be about right.

They are savagely wealthy, savagely wealthy people usually become more wealthy.

The home they bought is now worth double 30m.

They will do far better than you and I so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Money follows money e.g. his multi million inheritance would have doubled over two decades. Apparantly they want to move to LA so cashing in on that price makes sense.

Last week according to a Sussex source the RF were working to prevent them from signing big deals but this week (in US Weekly from a Sussex source) they are so popular and in demand that they're turning down deals. It's a good read. What Meghan really wants to do is direct. 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

How could they have been aware of them if these camps didn't exist in 1933 yet? Another fantom like these invisible viewers?

but i never said the camps existed in 1933, that was simply what you interpreted from my post.

what i said was the british were well aware of them long before they claimed to have been so, but ignored it because of the policy of appeasement.

the start of cleansing the jews had began quite early in the reign of the nazis however and britain would have been aware of it but again ignored it as it suited them.

they would have continued to ignore the lot only the nazis tried to invade them and their empire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Her mother and sister were also giving the Nazi salute. Liz was also a product of her environment. The Nazi genocide mustn't have been much of an influence on her because a) the British (along with the US) arranged to deport millions of European jews to Palestine (they literally put them on ships and left them there off the coast of Palestine). QEII's father would have been King when his Prime Minister took food meant for Bengal to feed the British which resulted in 4 million dead Bengalis. That was 1943. QEII was Queen when the British put the Mau Mau in concentration camps in Kenya, tortured and starved them and somewhere between 20,000 and 100,000 of them died. And then of course, the Queen's uncle-in-law (Mountbattan) presided over the partition of India where something like 6 million people were displaced and somewhere between 100,000 and 2 million died. And they are still fighting to this day.

I just wanted to know was it ever possible you would be able to get over it!

It gets eyeballs. Thats all they need. And by the way, most people comment that she is great fun. Its just royalists seem to have no sense of humour or fun. FFS, they think all the British pagentary is entertaining and will attract tourists.

The RF missed out on a trick or two there - imagine they could be claiming some of the plaudits of the invictus Games and they have got themselves into such a mess they can't even wish the British veterans good luck competing in them.

Why shouldn't she be allowed use her own name. Would you prefer if she used Princess Harry, her married name? Or maybe Meghan Mountbattan-Windsor?

I have said that he is a product of his environment - as is everyone. He has apologised for it. Why can't you leave it at that. He was 20 years old at the time.

This is what he has said about it:

In his memoir, Spare, he writes, "When I saw those photos, I recognized immediately that my brain had been shut off, that perhaps it had been shut off for some time. I wanted to go around Britain knocking on doors, explaining to people: I wasn’t thinking. I meant no harm. But it wouldn’t have made any difference. Judgment was swift, harsh. I was either a crypto Nazi or else a mental defective."

He also writes about his father's reaction. King Charles "didn’t gloss over the facts," Harry writes. "Darling boy, how could you be so foolish? My cheeks burned. I know, I know. But he quickly went on to say that it was the foolishness of youth, that he remembered being publicly vilified for youthful sins, and it wasn’t fair, because youth is the time when you’re, by definition, unfinished. You’re still growing, still becoming, still learning, he said. He didn’t specifically cite any of his youthful humiliations, but I knew. His most intimate conversations had been leaked, his most ill-conceived remarks had been trumpeted. Past girlfriends had been interrogated, their rating of his lovemaking spread across tabloids, even books. He knew all about humiliation. He promised that the fury about this would blow over, the shame would fade. I loved him for that promise, even though—or maybe because—I knew it to be false. The shame would never fade. Nor should it."

What do you expect him to do?

• Advertisement

2 of the most senior people, CEO Peter Lawless and Chief Commercial Officer Bill Cooper, sacked - oops, I meant “transitioned out”. Not a good indicator.

The Invictus Games are being ruined by Meghan and her antics. What’s she doing at the IG, anyway? Speeches, her photographers, the unending fashion show, expensive hotels, expensive security (mainly for the optics, in my view). Harry needs to get the games back to what they were originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,266 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It's not her name though, it's the title bestowed on her by the allegedly racist institution that she no longer works for and seemingly wants nothing to do with. She could have just used Meghan, or whatever last name she uses these days?

Anyway, it was explained that rf members aren't allowed to use the hrh part to merch stuff which isn't the case here so whatever.

Yet this discussion started with the Queen making a nazi salut on the film made in 1933, when she was 7. Your post supported that, like suggesting, she should have been aware of it all then. Without this film made in that exact year, it would be no discussion about it in this thread.

What happened later is irrelevant to that salut from 1933...

it is relevant as the nazis were cleansing the jews back then.

they just hadn't put them in the concentration camps.

well effectively the ghettoes were not far off mind.

And the 7 years old was aware of all of this in 1933?

Anyway this discussion is pointless...

Yea, according to the British gutter press who don't care who they slag off as long as they can get a pot shot at Harry.

Try reading the local newspaper which explains a bit better the situation. Bearing in mind that Peter Lawless is still Emeritus CEO, it looks to me like he reached all his fundraising targets early and his talents were being wasted on the actual organisation of the games.

In case you don't understand how these things work - a local (affiliated) committee bids to host and organise the games. Harry who is on the main board, along with other board members decide who wins the bids.

It was a gift to her husband, the grandson (and now son) of the Head of State of the UK & NI. Neither Harry or Meghan had any beef with Harry's grandmother - in fact they seem to have been very close.

They are still RHRs, but have agreed not to use them. (You may recall Harry referring to himself in the court case as HRH, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex ..... ) Harry offered to give back his Sussex title, but Charlie must have refused. It wouldn't do to have a bi-racial Mrs. Mountbattan-Windsor or worse still, Princess Harry flogging coffee to the masses!

Meghan Mountbattan-Windsor or Princess Harry? Which do you think she should use instead of Duke of Sussex?

Who said the RF were working against them to stop them signing big deals?

From what I have seen its the trolls and hate mongers on social media and gutter press who are doing that (and something Harry asked the Firm to interject into when he was a working royal like the King of Norway did). These trolls just get away with it and they are despicable. Anyone who has anything to do with Meghan and Harry are attacked - for example, two people from Uvalde who lost family in the shooting came out and said that Meghan didn't bring a camera crew to Uvalde and in fact she refused to be photographed there when given an option). Both were viciously attacked for defending her by royalist trolls. Similarly with Tyler Perry - some of RF fans are claiming that Tyler Perry is the pedophile just because he fits the description of being a billionaire movie producer and the actor involved was an actor in some of TP's productions).

Other brands which have been inundated with hate mail if Meghan or Harry happen to wear their clothes, so its understandable if they don't want to get involved when you see what these vile creatures do and behave towards victims who lost family in a mass shooting.

Do you think that there hate is justified? How far would you go?

• Advertisement

He was 20 - brought up in a bubble, following the example of the rest of his family.

Advertisement