Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

walshb wrote: »
    I need to rewatch

I read that Harry told Meghan it was a family member..

I am searching for a quote to that effect, but I am not finding it?

I just came across one with they

I am really upset that they experienced racism. I wonder how the public would feel if it was not a family member?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Didn't Harry and Meghan want the baby to be simply Archie i.e. no title when he was born? They probably would have made out that it was forced upon them against their wishes if he had been made a prince. No matter what, they seem determined to be the victims in some way shape or form.

No. This was already covered over multiple posts. Did you watch the interview? They quite clearly said it wasn't their choice. I'm out, night night all.

Stateofyou wrote: »
    No. This was already covered over multiple posts. Did you watch the interview? They quite clearly said it wasn't their choice. I'm out, night night all.

It isn't their choice, he is not entitled to be a Prince until Charles is king, and that hasn't changed, he is still entitled to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

BettyS wrote: »
    I am searching for a quote to that effect, but I am not finding it?

I just came across one with they

BBC

“Meghan told Oprah that Harry had been asked by an unnamed family member "how dark" their son Archie's skin might be.”

So, according to them it’s a family member, albeit they did not tell us the name!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

No. It's not "ditching." And how is it vengeful? Harry quite clearly was suffering with his mental health for years. He said so. Then Meghan was. And he was worried about the effect on Archie. He did what anyone would do in those circumstances. On what planet would anyone abandon their wife, child and values to do what their grandmother, father and brother expects within a clearly toxic family called "The Firm?"

Everyone is entitled to live their best, authentic, most healthy life.

How many of ye are Irish? Are you, JoChervil? You're prepared to judge him harshly for leaving an historically damaging colonial family institution to lead a different life? If so, that's me cooked for the night. I'm out guys, will leave ye to it for the evening.

No one would have judged them one bit for parting ways with the RF. I applauded the decision but was sceptical because I knew down the road they would do something like this. There was a thread on it last year where people discussed their decision to leave, many agreed it was the right thing to do but knew there reasons weren’t born out of concern for privacy as they initially stated. If they were then they wouldn’t have done what they did this week and held a “no holds barred” interview with the most famous talk show host in the world.
    Want to leave the institution for more privacy and be financially independent? Absolutely! Who would object that?
    But as it transpires, that’s not what they really wanted, is it.

• Advertisement

Eh, I think you're wrong there. They could have given him a title but chose not to.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/48204168

"By deciding to call their son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, Harry and Meghan have chosen not to use a royal title for their son.

As the first born son of a duke, Archie could have become Earl of Dumbarton or have been Lord Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, but instead he will simply be Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor."

Everyone is entitled to live their best, authentic, most healthy life.

Tell that to Piers Morgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

BBC

“Meghan told Oprah that Harry had been asked by an unnamed family member "how dark" their son Archie's skin might be.”

So, according to them it’s a family member, albeit they did not tell us the name!

She did not state that it was a family member. Oprah said 'and you are not going to tell me who had the conversation' and meghan replied 'I think that would be very damaging to them' so it's up in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

"Everyone is entitled to live their best, authentic, most healthy life."

I wonder will the queen support me financially in that endeavour?

I really, really want to live my best, authentic, most healthy life.

That's the most American and less authentic thing I've ever typed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

bubblypop wrote: »
    It isn't their choice, he is not entitled to be a Prince until Charles is king, and that hasn't changed, he is still entitled to that.
    Eh, I think you're wrong there. They could have given him a title but chose not to.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/48204168

"By deciding to call their son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, Harry and Meghan have chosen not to use a royal title for their son.

As the first born son of a duke, Archie could have become Earl of Dumbarton or have been Lord Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, but instead he will simply be Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor."

Ah here. I was answering a pm before I signed off and then saw this. Two of the same people like both these posts. :pac: SO which is it, it was their choice or it isn't? Lol.. how can the same two people like both these posts?!

The only thing I can add here is as per the Oprah interview, it was confirmed they did not have the choice of his title. That is coming from the people closest to the situation. Ok I'm really gone now, ha ha. Night all.

• Advertisement

Ah here. I was answering a pm before I signed off and then saw this. Two of the same people like both these posts. :pac: SO which is it, it was their choice or it isn't? Lol.. how can the same two people like both these posts?!

The only thing I can add here is as per the Oprah interview, it was confirmed they did not have the choice of his title. That is coming from the people closest to the situation. Ok I'm really gone now, ha ha. Night all.

Both are true. You really could do with enlightening yourself on the actual facts other than what “Harry says”. Goodnight now.

cnocbui wrote: »
    She did not state that it was a family member. Oprah said 'and you are not going to tell me who had the conversation' and meghan replied 'I think that would be very damaging to them' so it's up in the air.

Okey doke..

So could be anyone..

Everyone in the firing line here..

They’re some piece a work, the pair a them!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

cnocbui wrote: »

It also felt like a throwaway comment. She stated that they wouldn’t get security and the kid wouldn’t be a Prince which isn’t entirely true. He’ll be a prince when Charlie is King.

As for the security, that’s tax payer funded and as a non working members of the RF, I don’t think they should be entitled to it. Their not poor, if they want security, they can pay for it.

I don’t doubt someone asked about skin colour but I genuinely don’t think it was done it a harmful way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Okey doke..

So could be anyone..

Everyone in the firing line here..

They’re some piece a work, the pair a them!

Exactly. Let the attack dogs on the internet do the dirty work for them. Either own the accusation, stand by it and give details, or else don't mention it at all.

Don't lob the racism hand grenade and walk away whistling innocently. It's nasty and cowardly at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Borderline personality disorder
    She is bananas
    When will this horse shot end
    He is a bigger idiot

I don’t doubt someone asked about skin colour but I genuinely don’t think it was done it a harmful way.

I was chatting to someone today and their thoughts on the race saga were interesting. They think it could have been something like William saying to Harry “i know you’re serious about Meghan but if you have children with her, be prepared for some racist comments to be directed your way, we all know how set in their ways some people can be”. The “concern” expressed could have been as innocent as wanting to warn his little brother about how cruel some online commentary and criticism can be.
    There is literally no way of knowing how nefarious the comment was without context.

These posts are not in opposition.
    He cannot be a Prince until Charles is king.
    He could however have one of the other titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Borderline personality disorder
    She is bananas
    When will this horse shot end
    He is a bigger idiot

So we're at the stage now where posters are diagnosing her with a mental health disorder? There's a few people here that could seriously do with taking a step back from the thread.

wadacrack wrote: »

"The Body Language Guy" :D

Ah yes Meghan's thumb is pointing the wrong way, she's guilty as sin your honour. The desperation to try and make her look bad is hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

acequion wrote: »
    2. Again perhaps your comprehension skills aren't great because no where did I imply that a depressed person is weak willed. I said that if Meghan really was suicidal and I don't believe she was, don't fall off the chair now with a heart attack!:eek: the reasons for her depression, like the reasons for everybody's depression are rooted in her own psyche and not as simple as blaming the big, bad in laws. It's never as simple as if only every one else would change I'd be fine. Very flawed thinking and one which therapists try to deconstruct.

So find someone else to vent your outrage at as I'm not justifying myself further to you. I'll talk to those who respect differing points of view and don't immediately hop on the attack!

Ahem:
    acequion wrote: »
    I'm intrigued at how appalled I actually am. A pair of monumental whingers parading the family's dirty linen in public. Utterly pathetic. You'd be mortified to be related to them!

If I disliked her before I dislike her even more now. I think the woman trivialises being suicidal. Telling Harry she didn't want to be alive anymore and now broadcasting it to the world. She had so much to be grateful for, loving husband, healthy child, comfort and privilege. If she really was suicidal it's a problem of her own psychological make up and lack of fortitude and that's no body else's fault. Shyt happens in everyone's life, you deal with it, you don't go off whingeing to the world. And I just can't believe that anyone would have stopped doctors/therapists to come treat her discreetly at her "cottage" if she really was that depressed.

They're a pair of drama junkies! But I guess they've given us all a bit of much needed escapism. :pac:

You say you know a lot about mental health. Please please say not in a professional capacity.

"The Body Language Guy" :D

Ah yes Meghan's thumb is pointing the wrong way, she's guilty as sin your honour. The desperation to try and make her look bad is hilarious!

To make her look bad?

You’re having a laugh.......

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

So we're at the stage now where posters are diagnosing her with a mental health disorder? There's a few people here that could seriously do with taking a step back from the thread.

They could, but mods won't do f*ck all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Where can I watch the unseen bits episode?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

I don’t know who Harry is trying to fool telling us he’s happy now. I can see this ending terribly for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Getting around to watching this in full.

Interesting moment over half way though Oprah says 'these are shocking things you're telling me', where Meghan seems to have understood her to mean, 'it's shocking your telling us this in the first place", which wasn't what Oprah meant. Oh make no mistake, Oprah want's all the shocking details.

But that mis-step reaction by Meghan does indicate to me she knew perfectly well what she was doing was sensational, whether she's justified or not.

To make her look bad?

You’re having a laugh.......

You've spent the last few days attacking her, have you got it all out if your system yet or will there be another day of it tomorrow?

You've spent the last few days attacking her, have you got it all out if your system yet or will there be another day of it tomorrow?

Ah, you’re back to the whole anyone who is against Meghan here hates her...🤔

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

"Period of transition" being the operative words, no? Yet Harry said security was pulled suddenly. Doesn't sound transitionary to me.

It was pulled in March after a review, where they confirmed that they wanted to remain as is. So, no it wasn't a shock. He's just manipulating the American public whom don't have all the facts.

Why should they be publicly funded if they're not living in the UK?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Didn't Harry and Meghan want the baby to be simply Archie i.e. no title when he was born? They probably would have made out that it was forced upon them against their wishes if he had been made a prince. No matter what, they seem determined to be the victims in some way shape or form.

They also seem to be determined to bring down the Monarchy.

Advertisement