Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

cnocbui wrote: »
    She did not state that it was a family member. Oprah said 'and you are not going to tell me who had the conversation' and meghan replied 'I think that would be very damaging to them' so it's up in the air.

Actually I think Oprah asked such a weird question because she didn't want the clear answer, not to be involved in any libel case. Or not to be allowed to air this. At that moment in the interview I felt that, if she pushed in different direction, like: "are you going to tell us, who said this?", she could have got the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

walshb wrote: »
    Ah, you’re back to the whole anyone who is against Meghan here hates her...🀔

I don't know where you get the energy to be constantly posting so much vitriol, it must be mentally draining.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭AllForIt

So it seems what Meghan is saying is that 'because of all this racism' they needed and asked for extra security, but it was denied. I'm sorry but I don't think there is any plausible extra threat of them being attacked because of racism. If the firm gave this 'extra security' they would indirectly be concurring that they are under physical threat due to racism. That is a very difficult position to put the firm in.

Btw, why is Oprah calling her what I would say phonetically as Megan, Oprah is calling her meeg.han , which seems a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

JoChervil wrote: »
    Actually I think Oprah asked such a weird question because she didn't want the clear answer, not to be involved in any libel case. Or not to be allowed to air this. At that moment in the interview I felt that, if she pushed in different direction, like: "are you going to tell us, who said this?", she could have got the answer.

I don't think so. I think she is keeping it wide open, it seems to me she wants them to know she has a nuclear button: 'it would be very damaging for that person' sounds similar to 'nice store you got here, it would be a shame if something were to happen to it'. Who knows if it even happened, they gave two different versions of when it was said to Harry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭NSAman

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Harry said the institution pulled the security and his dad stopped taking his calls. They were vulnerable, the Daily Mail published their location for the world to see, and the border was closing in a few days due to Coronavirus restrictions. It all sounds very stressful and painful if you ask me.

Oh cry me a river!!!

He could easily have booked into a hotel with his 17 Million and hired security...

Accountability for one's actions. Live by what you preach! "I want out".. then don't let the door hit your ass on the way out and don't expect everyone to pay for your sorry media whorish asses!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    It was pulled in March after a review, where they confirmed that they wanted to remain as is. So, no it wasn't a shock. He's just manipulating the American public whom don't have all the facts.

Why should they be publicly funded if they're not living in the UK?

Clearly you have forgotten how events unfolded.
    Britain’s pragmatic queen brokered a deal Monday to secure the future of the monarchy, charting a course for Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, that allows them to live part time in Canada while still remaining firmly tied to the House of Windsor.
    https://apnews.com/article/8cb152f4cdd09fc7d312d86c7e704b87

And then the faceless grey men started hacking away at Harry's roles and responsibilities, ensuring acrimony, a total split, rather than the originally envisage partial withdrawal and setting things up for the current imbroglio.

Had the Queen's original statement been honoured, then there would have been a case for protection to continue.

Who knew filthy rich people in California kept hens.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

AllForIt wrote: »
    Who knew filthy rich people in California kept hens.

Why wouldn’t they, if that’s what they want to do ?

When you are wealthy, you can live your life your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,336 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

anyone taking this story anyway seriously just shows that the media tell you what to get emotional about.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

My take on the whole racism thing. The royal family is discriminatory by definition. I mean you need to be of a certain bloodline to be king. No Catholics, Muslims or Hindus need apply. The monarchy is a racist institution and has been for hundreds of years. It's hilarious watching the Brit's TV channels discussing if the Royal Family is racist when hundreds of years of murder, pillage, genocide and plunder would seem to verify that it is an extremely racist institution.

But sure look. They are fooked over there. They voted for Brexit to take back control and they haven't even built their customs buildings yet. They voted to stop immigrants but UK has just opened the doors to all Hong Kong BNO passport holders to come and life in Britain(a good thing by the way). And they complain the EU is undemocratic but they have an unelected Queen as head of state and a bunch of unelected yesterdays men as Lords.

Britain is in decline. The UKs days are numbered. The end of the empire is nigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Question - why did Meghan Markle & Harry Windsor invite TV celebrity Oprah Winfey to their wedding in 2018 - when Oprah was neither a friend, an associate or relative?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I'm with Krystal Ball!:D
    Sums it up in one sentence

PS The actual full clip is a worthy take on regulation vs free speech

https://youtu.be/-_mszqUQddY?t=347

anewme wrote: »
    Why wouldn’t they, if that’s what they want to do ?

Well sure, they can do what they like.

I think what I getting at is, it's a bit odd to keep chickens as pets.

Keeping chickens is ordinarily done out of necessity, for the chicken meat and the eggs. Like it would be a bit odd to keep cattle if you weren't selling them on for slaughter or for the milk. See what I mean.

When you are wealthy, you can live your life your way

Not according to meeg-han.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

gozunda wrote: »
    Question - why did Meghan Markle & Harry Windsor invite TV celebrity Oprah Winfey to their wedding in 2018 - when Oprah was neither a friend, an associate or relative?

It was weird to me that Meghan asked people she barely knew but that space couldn’t be found for her mother to bring a friend or family member for support. Her poor mother had to enter the church alone. With millions of eyeballs looking on. Nerve-racking.

Howya lads and lassies, figured I'd drop by for a cuppa and natter. Where's me heart to heart with Oprah, short a few pound in the pandemic you know yourself. I've got some salacious gossip to share with the world, once glued the egg to the spoon. It was all downhill from there, founded a paper aeroplane enterprise that never took off and...ah jaysus, I'm giving away all me secrets. Tune in next week and you'll hear about that time at Quinnsworth, I only had to reverse once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

So we're at the stage now where posters are diagnosing her with a mental health disorder? There's a few people here that could seriously do with taking a step back from the thread.

Did you take a step back?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

gozunda wrote: »

And George and Amal Clooney, who when asked how they knew Meghan and Harry replied, “we don’t”.
    Why invite some of the most famous people in the world to a “spectacle” of a wedding if all you truly wanted was a private and intimate affair? Strange.

And George and Amal Clooney, who when asked how they knew Meghan and Harry replied, “we don’t”.
    Why invite some of the most famous people in the world to a “spectacle” of a wedding if all you truly wanted was a private and intimate affair? Strange.

The Clooneys are snooty, which doesn't even rhyme with Nespresso. And now for a word from our corporate sponsor.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Did you take a step back?

Unlike you, I'm not diagnosing complete strangers with mental health disorders. Weird behaviour tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

It was weird to me that Meghan asked people she barely knew but that space couldn’t be found for her mother to bring a friend or family member for support. Her poor mother had to enter the church alone. With millions of eyeballs looking on. Nerve-racking.

I think that was Meghan's choice. The only person from her own family at the wedding was her mother, the rest were not invited and as far as we know, she doesn't speak to any of them.

Remember, it was Charles himself that walked her down the aisle! Some thanks he got! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

That's the bizarre thing. According to Harpers Bazaar yer one was a friend of Amals & George came along apparently for the company ...
    A source recently confirmed to People that the Clooneys would be attending the royal wedding ceremony and the evening's Frogmore House reception, due to Meghan and Amal's close friendship over the years.

The source shared that the two have much in common, and have become even closer since Meghan moved to the United Kingdom, given Amal's human rights passions and Meghan's philanthropic goals. Conveniently, George and Amal's English countryside home resides just a 30-minute drive from Windsor

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a18754442/prince-harry-meghan-markle-royal-wedding-guest-list/

Amongst all Harrys and Meghans guests Oprah really stands out as the odd one out tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I remember the camera zooming in on her mother when she was emotional and the people beside her acted like she was invisible.

Charles actually looked human and caring when meeting Meghan on her way in and putting his arm out for her mother to sign the ... whatever it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

silverharp wrote: »
    anyone taking this story anyway seriously just shows that the media tell you what to get emotional about.

This x 1000.
    I'd reccomend anyone getting riled up by that interview to read Max Clifford's autobiography.

To thine own self be true

That’s mad. I cannot imagine attending the wedding of a couple I don’t know, if neither me nor my husband was linked to the couple. I’ve been to the wedding of couples I don’t know but like, they are cousins of my husband and whatnot.

markodaly wrote: »
    I think that was Meghan's choice. The only person from her own family at the wedding was her mother, the rest were not invited and as far as we know, she doesn't speak to any of them.

Remember, it was Charles himself that walked her down the aisle! Some thanks he got! :pac:

I honestly think that’s a bit mean and thoughtless of Meghan if true. Even at normie weddings, most people don’t want to fly solo. They’ll hope to know somebody there. Never mind a wedding that millions of people are watching. :eek: Meghan might not have wanted certain family members there but does her mother not have any family of her own or close friends that could have been invited? I doubt it. I always remember how lonely her mother looked.

I remember the camera zooming in on her mother when she was emotional and the people beside her acted like she was invisible.

Charles actually looked human and caring when meeting Meghan on her way in and putting his arm out for her mother to sign the ... whatever it's called.

Yes, I remember Charles putting his hand out to Doria too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Unlike you, I'm not diagnosing complete strangers with mental health disorders. Weird behaviour tbh.

Yet you're the only one picking up cards in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

This x 1000.
    I'd reccomend anyone getting riled up by that interview to read Max Clifford's autobiography.

I think most of us are here arguing the toss because of lockdown boredom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I think most of us are here arguing the toss because of lockdown boredom!

Well then definitely read that book to take up a few days!
    It's a real eye opener into how the media can manipulate any story.

To thine own self be true

Advertisement