Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yet you're the only one picking up cards in this thread.

Incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

“A few days before the wedding, she was upset about something pertaining—yes, the issue was correct about flower girl dresses, and it made me cry and it really hurt my feelings, and I thought in the context of everything else that was going on in those days leading to the wedding that it didn’t make sense to not be just doing what everyone else was doing, which was try to be supportive, knowing what was going on with my dad and whatnot."

Also “the reverse was true”.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Well then definitely read that book to take up a few days!
    It's a real eye opener into how the media can manipulate any story.

I think a lot of us have acknowledged that here, but I'll read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Well then definitely read that book to take up a few days!
    It's a real eye opener into how the media can manipulate any story.

The media will do what it does, try and sell news and scandal.

Im not denying that Meghan had a bad press, especially at the end of her time in the RF, but take a step back, they all had a bad press at some stage.

Remember Camilla? She was apparently the most hated woman in Britan for a good ten years. Kate got it, Charles got, Fergie got it... they all got their time.

I think the people who have gotten away with bad press are William and Harry, but I guess that will now change for the two of them, depending on your viewpoint.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Qiaonasen wrote: »
    My take on the whole racism thing. The royal family is discriminatory by definition. I mean you need to be of a certain bloodline to be king. No Catholics, Muslims or Hindus need apply. The monarchy is a racist institution and has been for hundreds of years. It's hilarious watching the Brit's TV channels discussing if the Royal Family is racist when hundreds of years of murder, pillage, genocide and plunder would seem to verify that it is an extremely racist institution.

But sure look. They are fooked over there. They voted for Brexit to take back control and they haven't even built their customs buildings yet. They voted to stop immigrants but UK has just opened the doors to all Hong Kong BNO passport holders to come and life in Britain(a good thing by the way). And they complain the EU is undemocratic but they have an unelected Queen as head of state and a bunch of unelected yesterdays men as Lords.

Britain is in decline. The UKs days are numbered. The end of the empire is nigh.

Well if you hate the U.K. so much don’t watch our shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone else get a Whatapp of eight leaked photos of Meghan with her topless in all of them, it seems that the Empire has stricken back :eek:

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone else get a Whatapp of eight leaked photos of Meghan with her topless in all of them, it seems that the Empire has stricken back :eek:

No!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

No!

Well they should be doing the rounds very soon, I just got them from Australia where theyre been shared widely. They are not long lens photos either, some of them are selfies which suggests her phone has been hacked. Major escalation!

Well they should be doing the rounds very soon, I just got them from Australia where theyre been shared widely. They are not long lens photos either, some of them are selfies which suggests her phone has been hacked. Major escalation!
    I feel sorry for her then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Harry’s are bigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Its really hard to decipher the truth in this story.

So far we have heard one side of the story. Meghan and Harrys interview was a big PR heavy interview. Very well coached, but a very believable version of events.

Its hard to know what to believe. i can see scenarios where she is honest and up front about the situation. I can also see situations where she has potentially embellished or lied about the truth.

I'm not sure what to believe to be honest.

Piers Morgan is a twat, no doubt..... but I dont think he has been racist, nor has he been unfair with his opinion. Its an opinion, he's allowed have it.

One thing I dont believe is that she didnt research him or his family at any time. Whether the rest is true, I dunno. But I found myself at times believing her, I found myself at times entertaining the notion at this is a PR hit job.

I well believe the "institution" is corrupt and rotten to the core.

One thing I believe, is that it was a huge PR misstep not to get fully behind Megan from the Monarchies POV. Accepting and welcoming a woman of color into the family would be a huge PR win. It paints them in a better light after Prince Andrews allegations, it would show they have evolved from how they treated Diana and show how processive they are in this modern day accepting a woman of colour into the bloodline.

Personally I believe her, but I cant help but feel shes not being truly honest either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

What is your evidence that the Monarchy didn’t get behind her? She was offered the same privileges as Kate.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Those photos were doing the rounds three years ago.

gozunda wrote: »
    Question - why did Meghan Markle & Harry Windsor invite TV celebrity Oprah Winfey to their wedding in 2018 - when Oprah was neither a friend, an associate or relative?

According to Harry in the interview "Meghan wanted chickens". She quickly clarified "I just love rescuing things". In other words, she wants the dopamine hit of rescuing the animals, getting the virtue signal points of being "compassionate", but it's obvious she is not the one going to be cleaning out the poo every other day. That will either be Harry or one of her other servants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

She wasn’t too worried about rescuing chickens the night she got engaged to Harry. They roasted one and ate it:p

She wasn’t too worried about rescuing chickens the night she got engaged to Harry. They roasted one and ate it:p

I am willing to give them a pass on that one. Roast chicken is one of the nicest things in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

anewme wrote: »
    Why wouldn’t they, if that’s what they want to do ?

When you are wealthy, you can live your life your way.

Such as hire your own private security for your independent lifestyle?

According to Harry in the interview "Meghan wanted chickens". She quickly clarified "I just love rescuing things". In other words, she wants the dopamine hit of rescuing the animals, getting the virtue signal points of being "compassionate", but it's obvious she is not the one going to be cleaning out the poo every other day. That will either be Harry or one of her other servants.

Such as a lost prince from his racist family?

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Such as a lost prince from his racist family?

Yes she swept the prince off his feet and whisked him off to California for a life of privacy. It's like a 21st century woke version of rapunzel or snow white

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Piers Morgan and his ilk up to their usual.

And people posting on here why they are surprised Harry & Megan didn't want to play ball with the scumbag media.
    Strange we didn't see this carry on with the Royal Family paedofile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

sebdavis wrote: »

And people posting on here why they are surprised Harry & Megan didn't want to play ball with the scumbag media.

I know. It’s desperate. They want nothing to do with the media. Just privacy is all they have been asking for...

That interview the other day was just three people shooting the breeze having a chat. Cosy, intimate and private.

The media are the problem....

Broadcasting this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Could be holiday photos or could br Fakeymcfakes. Watched an investigation on deep fakes and it was scary what could be edited to look real.

The only people responsible though are the people passing them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Such as hire your own private security for your independent lifestyle?

Not sure where I stand on the security tbh.

1. Like you say, they did their own thing and resigned so should pay their own security. Tax payers ultimately have to foot the bill for RF.

2. They are Royals by birth (Harry and Archie anyway) so will always be at risk of the likes of kidnapping etc. Stepping away does not change that risk. As it's a risk by RF, is it a RF bill?

Should have been ironed out when they were discussing their exit anyway. Could have reached agreement, sort payment for a phased out period etc.

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    What is your evidence that the Monarchy didn’t get behind her? She was offered the same privileges as Kate.

No evidence only my opinion based off my own perception of the Firm and the content of the interview.

I can well believe a world where she would be denied counselling to avoid leaks which could lead to negative media attention.

Im not saying this is what happened. But its believable.

sebdavis wrote: »

See this is one thing I could place in Meghans favour. The Royals should be throwing Andrew under the bus. He has been very well protected in the Epstein scandal (well as protected as one can be in his position).

I imagine they are protecting him to protect others or themselves. Protection in exchange for silence.

If Meghan was truthful, (BIG IF), I can see how she believes she wasnt protected in the same way as other Royals.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    No evidence only my opinion based off my own perception of the Firm and the content of the interview.

I can well believe a world where she would be denied counselling to avoid leaks which could lead to negative media attention.

Im not saying this is what happened. But its believable.

It would be worse for the RF if she was suicidal and went through with it.

If she required counselling she would have received it and privately.

Harry has been championing mental health for years so the plausibility that she had no support for her mental health when her husband has been at the forefront of the topic for years and has access to many professionals is thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

1. Like you say, they did their own thing and resigned so should pay their own security. Tax payers ultimately have to foot the bill for RF.

2. They are Royals by birth (Harry and Archie anyway) so will always be at risk of the likes of kidnapping etc. Stepping away does not change that risk. As it's a risk by RF, is it a RF bill?

Should have been ironed out when they were discussing their exit anyway. Could have reached agreement, sort payment for a phased out period etc.

They didn't actually resign, they stepped down from senior duties. They said they'd still do whatever is asked of them. And the security thing, I think the problem there was it was removed without notice.
    The fact that they emphasized that they're still in regular contact with the queen and have a good relationship with her but charles won't return phonecalls, it sounds like they know Charles is behind these decisions. A breakdown in relationship with a son and his father.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I don't know where you get the energy to be constantly posting so much vitriol, it must be mentally draining.

You need to get away from all this hate and vitriol you’re seeing.

It’s not there..

Your obsession to want to associate hate and vitriol with those who do not at all agree with Harry and Meghan’s behaviour here is plain silly. It’s not at all true, and just odd and unhelpful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭BensMixed

beakerjoe wrote: »
    See this is one thing I could place in Meghans favour. The Royals should be throwing Andrew under the bus. He has been very well protected in the Epstein scandal (well as protected as one can be in his position).

I imagine they are protecting him to protect others or themselves. Protection in exchange for silence.

If Meghan was truthful, (BIG IF), I can see how she believes she wasnt protected in the same way as other Royals.

The Prince Andrew thing was bad alright. A shocker of an interview he gave too which in many peoples eyes completely confirmed his guilt. I could understand anyone feeling unpleasant in his company or in the company of people who are protecting him. As for her not wanting anything to do with Piers Morgan - that is also understandable. Those couple of hours spent with him must have felt like an eternity. The man seems like a complete narcissist. I never quite understood how he can argue and shame fat people who come on his show while he's sitting there and close to being obese himself for a start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah the security is the one that got me too...I got the impression he felt he was thrown to the wolves.*

Considering his mother was killed by paparazzi chasing her I don't think his fears are unfounded.

Now plenty of people have said it was the police that pulled it...so Scotland Yard....now Cressida Dick is in charge of that since 2017, appointed by The Queen...so does that not make the Queen her ultimate boss...so would pulling security not ultimately have to be rubber stamped by the Queen?

I'm actually wondering if The Queen, Charles and Harry ever actually sat down themselves to thrash it out or was it all handled by "Their teams" as they all seem to be abit blindsided by the nitty gritty.

Regarding tax payers fees ,well the English people seem to want and adore the Royal family so you kinda have to take the good with the bad. The bad at the moment might be paying security for one member who does not carry out royal duties. What's to stop Will and Kate having more children and increasing their security bill.

* I feel he thinks he was totally betrayed by the security decision, that his welfare was no longer the concern of his family. ...he said it was this decision that spurned the Netflix and Spotify deals...I think he's now speaking out in hurt and anger...he will probably regret that over the coming years , but the security issue could well cost alot more than the initial detail costs would.

Advertisement