Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Well Boggles if you want to start a thread on your relationship with your brother, if you have one, we can always see if the thread sinks or swims. 😀

Millions of people watch Eastenders and Fairly Sh1tty- there’s no accounting for taste - this is my chosen pastime on boards and considering you’ve posted here many times complaining about people complaining about Harry and Meaghan, strangely it appears to be yours too.

Im not sure which is a worse label- a H&M slagging enthusiast or a slagger of “people who slag H&M” - it’s too close to call - I’d say given the number of your posts here, you’re ………ONE OF US🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Just found more of what he said..

Little wonder Harry looks quite scared at times, especially if William & Camilla are egging Piers on which he has alluded to in the past.

Sickening. The media never left his mother alone either.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,099 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

There is a stark difference between interested and obsessed.

The veil was always fairly thin but there is calls in the press now for their literal obliteration.

Probably hasn't even peaked yet, the chance of someone getting hurt is quite high IMO.

He’ll implode soon (Piers) - that’s not journalism it’s an emotional breakdown 😀

totally agree with you .

Im now going off to get drunk- I’ve totally agreed with Boggles- the world is feiced😀

• Advertisement

I’m not deeply interested in the RF. I think they definitely have a sell-by-date and their riches require proper scrutiny. Certainly they need a slimed down version if they are to survive.

I’m more interested in how MSM controls the narrative not just with the RF, but U.K politics too. Fascinating (and rather horrifying) how they can herd the masses towards voting for one particular party and drum up hate with a click of their fingers.

I also find it interesting that William & Andrew both have that same underlying arrogant nastiness. Harry doesn’t, but he’s been idiotic and naive thinking he could deal with the media. If politicians in HMG can’t handle the media, he never had a hope. I’m sure folks told him often enough.

Harry has more of an easy going nature like his Dad. When Charles is out in a field amongst wild life, farming or involved in the building natural hedgeways, he’s a very interesting relaxed man. Quite likeable in that regard. I don’t think being King has suited him at all. Too old for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Transport depends on demand.

If people didn't book seats, less planes would be in the sky.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

No, he is scared shitless that he is going to end up in prison for lying to a tribunal about phone hacking and then of course for phone hacking. Harry (& others like Elton John) will be the reason he will end up in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Contact “feedback@talk.tv” in the first instance. Then Ofcom (who expect you to contact the service in the first instance) Easy and quick to use. Hopefully, Piers will be sanctioned.

Next in line is Tom Bowers.

• Advertisement

Piers is fúcking off to Youtube.

Doubt he cares about OfCom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

When they attended the Bob Marley premiere people were wondering why they were there since they had no affiliation with the production. People are wondering why Harry is at an NFL show when he has no affiliation with the sport. If there is any wonder as to why they are at any particular event then my guess is that it is a paid appearance. It's nothing new.

Think of those runway shows during fashion weeks where celebs are seated in the front row. It was reported that the celebs command fees ranging from $50k to $100k to just show up and sit there for 10 minutes. Given the amount of designers then a celeb can make some serious money for very little effort. Good work if you can get it. It's quid pro quo. Let us use your profile to promote our show and in return you get a fee, a free hotel etc. I wouldn't have known about that Jamaica premiere or this NFL show unless it was reported that they were at them and that is entirely the promotional point. They are just doing what other celebs do to that end.

Well, he is emotionally retarded and prone to violent outbursts (such as throwing stuff at his wife* and physically attacking his younger brother).

*Some of the royal experts have revealled that when they row, they throw cushions at each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DaithiMa

You've come out with some corkers on this thread but this takes the biscuit.

Your obsession with the royal family might be getting a bit unhealthy.

The soap opera that is the British monarchy is a great case study in how the British public are manipulated by a few press barons of the British media with the result that they have the power to . That is the very unhealthy aspect of this saga. I admire Prince Harry for taking them on.

I think your first sentence is a bit circular. But it’s probably just my reading of it.

Its just a statement of what my interest is. For example, its not so easy to compare how the British media treated Jeremy Corbyn in comparison to Boris Johnson. It is very easy to compare how Meghan was compared to Kate (If Kate did it, it was great & good - if Meghan did it, it was proof that she was a narcisist). An example of these double standards is about Kate eating avocados (good, helped her morning sickness), Meghan was destroying the planet because she ate avocado toast).

Anyway, just on Piers Morgan (who originally made up the 17 lies list in the Oprah interview). This is how his narrative keeps changing.

https://x.com/ytrehodof/status/1754869345082065086?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Juran

The difference is that David Beckham earned his money.

Harry's wealth comes from RF inheritence and handouts (when Charles funded his security and life). RF's current wealth comes from hundreds of years of tax payers money, rent on land and properties etc. That has accumulated and grown in value over hundreds of years. They have fund managers to make they make the best returns.

Private eststes like Balmoral, Highgrove, etc were bought say 200 years ago by the then King, the money used to buy them came from taxpayers & rent from 500 years previously.

They Queen, her father, his father, his father and so long pass down the millions (now billions) and private estates to each other tax free. This money is increasing every decade as a lot is invested by fund managers. No one can spend that much money in their life, how can you spend your personal money when 99 % of your life is paid for by the Crown (home, security, travel, food, clothes, jewerlly, etc) as part of your job as a public servant.

Harry inherited money from (that we know of) 1. his mother, that money was given to her by Charles as a divorce settlement. Charles inherited it from his royal relatives, 2. The Queen mother, 3. Prince Philipe and soon he will recieve inheritance from the Queen.

All of the above's private wealth came from generations of wealth from tax payers and land lease hold rent.

As a comparision, the current Getty's (oil), Walton (walmart), Mars, Bettencourt (L'Oreal) families are very wealthyas well, billionaires, but the difference is their great great granparents founded companies, worked hard and earned every penny that started the family empire.

Harry's wealth comes from RF inheritence and handouts 

Pretty sure the majority of his wealth comes from media contracts, book deals, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Juran

His primary wealth came from RF .. his connection to the RF is what is NOW earning him income but he still will have plenty of Royal money in the bank.

If he wasnt a royal british prince, son of the king with £££ millions in the bank plus a fancy home in Cali next to the stars, he wouldnt get these media or book deals in the first place.

• Advertisement

That's what the media does to sell issues/generate clicks. They will turn on a six pence so long as it generates money. First they bigged them up as the Fab Four and once murmurings of discord emerged (and their sources would pass the legal smell test) then they were pitted against each other in silly articles about avocados.

The press isn't interested in covering whatever the Royals do on any given engagement. That stuff is Sominex for readership. They are thirsty for scandal, infighting, gossip as this is what sells. They want Charles and Diana 2.0, Diana versus Camilla, Diana versus Fergie all over again.

Their contemporary press treatment for me was a false equivalence since Kate had gone through the press gauntlet herself (harrassed by paps, long lens nude pics, phone hacking, family social status mocked in coverage, family dirt dragged up e.g. her Uncle the drug dealer!). Meghan ridiculously minimised this treatment as rude. Waity Katey and Duchess Difficult. It is a purile press but the treatment is the same albeit at different time periods.

Meghan came on the scene, and was going through yet another toxic press hazing, when Kate was going on 20 years in the public eye and whatever dirt about her could be dragged up or flung was already dug up and flung. She was cast as the goodie while Meghan was the baddie in an obvious press sh*t stirring campaign.

Harry's only inheritated wealth comes from his mother (which he had to pay death duties on, The Queen Mother was in debt by approx. £8 million when she died, QEII, her daugher had to pay off her debts. No one knows if he inheritated money from Prince Philip, but to avoid paying tax on it, it probably mostly went to QEII. All of QEII's wealth goes to her heir (Charles) to avoid paying inheritance tax. Its also a way of controlling the family to make them completely dependent on the King/Queen.

I think Meghan earned her own money! While not crazily wealthy like the Gettys, she was wealthy enough in her own right and probably could have lived quite comfortably with Harry on their combined money money if they didn't have to cope with the liability of security that their connection to the British royals brings with it.

How to successfully land multi-million deals with top streaming platforms.

1. Wake at 6am.

2. Daily meditation.

3. Check emails.

4. Write in Wellness Journal.

5. Hire an Agent to negotiate with the streaming companies.

6. Be a British Royal Prince who makes it known he wants to sign streaming deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Do you not remember what you said earlier on this very page?

EDIT: A couple pages back, I've a lot of catching up to do

Harry (rightfully) wins his case against MGN. 400k settlement initially although more to come later. 2 million to cover legal fees as well.

Did you have to make an appointment to see your mother or father?

Would you consider that a "normal" family interaction?

Conflating 2 things it's the gotcha you think is. But you know that.

0/10.

I wonder if we will ever know the deals and true levels of collusion the RF have with the media. We do know that when Charles ever stepped into the foray in the past, a critical story would pop up resulting in him falling back into line.

What do the media have on the RF that makes them toe the line to such an extent. Sell Harry and offer him up as a punching bag? They’ve been at it for years.

There’s a big difference with how Harry presents and speaks with easy confidence, compared to the others. He’s a natural and the others are not. William’s public appearances are often very odd - he comes across ill at ease, angry and unhappy.. the few times I’ve seen him live, he’s always cleaning and picking at his tie and lapel. Very odd. Not a happy person.

£140,600 for 15 out of 33 articles awarded by judge before Christmas. They have reached an agreement about the 110 articles rather than go to trial over those. Costs guessed at £2 million. MGN paying £400,000 of that now. They have 14 days to appeal the costs.

We don't know what the agreement is for the other 110 articles that were written. The way they did it was Harry could put forward 15 articles (which would have been the easiest to prove that he was hacked, and MGN selected 15 articles which would have been the most difficult to prove that he was hacked. Going on that, average 10K an article, I'd say Harry will probably get £1m + costs.

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-harry-and-mirror-publisher-settle-remaining-parts-of-hacking-claim-13067258

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Well he obviously couldn't have stayed any longer in the UK since he had the NFL event booked. So..why did he go? Never miss a good opportunity for some publicity I suppose.

• Advertisement

What would he have done if William had said, "Pop round on Friday and have tea with Kate, me and the children"? Or if Charles said, "Come up to Sandringham, there's room in the helicopter and you can even fly us up there"?

If he'd have pulled out of the NFL awards, that would have damaged his burgeoning celebrity "Royal for Hire" status in the US. Luckily, he wasn't faced with the dilemma or had to do an over and back to Las Vegas and still be at William's in time for tea. No wonder he was smiling at Heathrow on the way home (via LV)

Advertisement