Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Augeo wrote: »
    It should be obvious from the bolded pieces and from my comments.
    If it's not I'm not offering any further guidance except to say you seem to like finding issue with what people say, and anything against Markel seem to really annoy you and spark you into defending her.. 67 posts since the interview either defending her or taking issue with what folk say against her.

I would not have the highest post count on this thread, so I don't get your point.

I've just made another post so 68 now (my lucky number) saying where I agree with her.

People don't have to be pro or anti someone 100%. You can agree with some of it and disagree with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

anewme wrote: »

I also don't agree that anyone has the right to say that someone saying openly that they suffer from mental health challenges should be called a liar, as in "I have had suicidal thoughts - No, you are a liar". That's outside of anyone's remit and extremely dangerous.

But what if she is a liar, like should I get it we can never know for sure if its true or not, but its a possibility no?

Its not too rare in life that people use the topic of suicide to their gain.

People are entitled to their opinion if shes being truthful about her suicidal claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Well yes, I couldnt convict someone based on hear say. Its a harsh reality.

So if this was a court case, and only the available facts were present, I couldnt with certainty say either sides version of events were true.

They could be, but I will never know.

Thats why im just treating it like i do a family bickering on Jeremy Kyle.
    A bit of entertainment, but i dont know who, if anyone, is telling the truth.
    I do know I would say anything you want me to for the money these they are making though.
    Its a TV production, nothing more, nothing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm actually not pro-Meghan at all.

I do believe the media carried out a deliberately contrived hatchet job on her, orchestrated by Piers Morgan due to personal reasons and the Royal Family left her sink. Even down to the silly row over flowers. I also believe wheeling out her Dad to support the Royal Family, who he has never met, is a low blow and reflects on him as a parent, so I don't get all the....ahhh her poor Dad. T

So in that area, I'm 100% with her.

I also don't agree that anyone has the right to say that someone saying openly that they suffer from mental health challenges should be called a liar, as in "I have had suicidal thoughts - No, you are a liar". That's outside of anyone's remit and extremely dangerous.

So, I'm with her there.

As regards whether Harry and Meghan are entitled or believe their own hype, could see why people would say that.

And also, I'm holding my own views on the palace staff who left their employment.

But you've no problem with the personal abuse aimed at Piers?

That was what I referenced, you just addressed the pro-Meghan bit.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    But she is a second rate actress. He was just calling it as he sees it. This is a discussion forum where he's entitled to his opinion.

What has that got to do with her character though? Seems a bit like trying to add insult to injury.

You could say the same about many people.

Does not make them more or less of a person.

• Advertisement

Stupid Meme jokes dont change anything either.

If you cant accept the points I'm making are relevant to the discussion, the bias is on your side.

Who is suggesting that?
    You're off on one again.

Stupid Meme jokes dont change anything either.

If you cant accept the points I'm making are relevant to the discussion, the bias is on your side.

I don't believe your claim that you are not pro Megan, you are 100% pro Megan IMO and I'll laugh heartily at anything you say to the contrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

What has that got to do with her character though? Seems a bit like trying to add insult to injury.

He might believe that it ties in with what appears to be a misplaced sense of entitlement and self importance to the world from a person who isn't viewed the way she wants the world to view her, i.e. a person of importance and influence

I think the comment came from their believe that Meghan was acting or lying in her interview, rather than her career previous to her relationship with Harry.

Its a fair opinion if thats what the poster intended. (I may be wrong here)

I think this is how it relates to her character.

• Advertisement

But what if she is a liar, like should I get it we can never know for sure if its true or not, but its a possibility no?

Its not too rare in life that people use the topic of suicide to their gain.

People are entitled to their opinion if shes being truthful about her suicidal claims.

I see calling someone a liar as a bit stronger than an opinion. No one has the right to tell someone else how they are feeling. It's one of those that you just have to take at face value - until you know otherwise.

And a bit more serious too.

I believe that is why Piers Morgan got into hot water. He could have got away with the rest, but people took offence to that.

I think this is how it relates to her character.

Oh right, not they way I read it initially.... would have thought then people would be saying she's a great actor.:pac:

Oh right, not they way I read it initially.... would have thought then people would be saying she's a great actor.:pac:

We're not, because we think she was lying and manipulative in the interview.

100% I reckon she was lying......... I don't believe the spiel at the start that she had no idea what she was to be asked, I also don't believe that Oprah wasn't in the know regarding the colour of the baby.
    I don't believe she was suicidal and I don't believe herself and Harry were unable to get her mental help.
    It was IMO a planned if not rehearsed interview and I believe very little of what was discussed was factual.
    I reckon it was an acting job and she's a schemer, she has an end game in sight and that's essentially living it up as a seriously wealthy person and she'd not have gotten to that level based on her acting career.
    There are enough snowflakes out there to swallow her rubbish so she'll do well out of it. Her future income is based on her RF experience, she knows this and she's out to get it, every cent she can.

What the tabloids print isn't the fault of the RF also.

Augeo wrote: »
    I don't believe your claim that you are not pro Megan, you are 100% pro Megan IMO and I'll laugh heartily at anything you say to the contrary.

Oh, so I'm a liar too.

Laugh away! Best of luck to you.

I know where I stand and I don't need your affirmation.

Posting stupid childish Meme's that take up the whole screen, only reflects on those posting them.

* Updated to add: Meme removed either by Poster or Mods.

I see calling someone a liar as a bit stronger than an opinion. No one has the right to tell someone else how they are feeling. It's one of those that you just have to take at face value - until you know otherwise.

And a bit more serious too.

I believe that is why Piers Morgan got into hot water. He could have got away with the rest, but people took offence to that.

But they are entitled to doubt if these feelings are genuine. Whether we will ever know for sure is another thing.

I dont share the opinion she was lying or being truthful. But others clearly do, and its certainly a possibility that she is lying.

Its not unrealistic to think she may be using the suicide card to gain support and sympathy.

I am far FAR from a fan of Piers Morgan, but he shouldnt lose his job because people dont agree with his opinion. Cancel culture is the worst sometimes

Oh, so I'm a liar too.

Laugh away! Best of luck to you.

I know where I stand and I don't need your affirmation.

Posting stupid childish Meme's that take up the whole screen, only reflects on those posting them.

You may not be, but you certainly appear to be very much pro Meghan.

Oh, so I'm a liar too.

Yes, if you claim you are not pro Megan my thoughts would be that's a lie :)

I am anxious at this comment so please don't elaborate further.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I definitely think she lied at points in the interview, getting married 3 days before for one. The rest I feel was a series of exaggerations, purposely manipulated facts, misunderstandings and others easily explained. I’d say there were some elements of truth interwoven throughout, like all shrewd operators would have, and I do believe she suffered a mental health crisis, but as for her requests for help being denied - ill reserve judgment on that one. But I do not for one second believe they were as stifled and oppressed and victims of such prejudice as they seem to make out. I believe there is a lot of paranoia in their claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Cienciano wrote: »
    They didn't actually resign, they stepped down from senior duties. They said they'd still do whatever is asked of them. And the security thing, I think the problem there was it was removed without notice.
    The fact that they emphasized that they're still in regular contact with the queen and have a good relationship with her but charles won't return phonecalls, it sounds like they know Charles is behind these decisions. A breakdown in relationship with a son and his father.

Do you have a choice in your work, to choose, what you fancy doing? I think it was a rivalry between her and Kate. She would gladly take Kate's duties outside UK. But unfortunately she didn't merry the future king.

Just a quick timeline:
    • they resigned at the beginning of January
    • Canadian forces stopped protecting them with the end of March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Id say Andrew has plenty of dirt on other Royal members, hence why they havent thrown him under the bus and disowned him.

Protect him to protect the monarchy as a whole.

Yeah I think the Queen had a sherry once before 6pm...:pac:

I'd say Andrew's dirt is in a league of its own.

I definitely think she lied at points in the interview, getting married 3 days before for one. The rest I feel was a series of exaggerations, purposely manipulated facts, misunderstandings and others easily explained. I’d say there were some elements of truth interwoven throughout, like all shrewd operators would have, and I do believe she suffered a mental health crisis, but as for her requests for help being denied - ill reserve judgment on that one. But I do not for one second believe they were as stifled and oppressed and victims of such prejudice as they seem to make out. I believe there is a lot of paranoia in their claims.

Im very much thinking similar.

I can easily believe she suffered some mental suffering at times. I imagine there is a huge isolated feeling becoming part of the RF.

Whether she was suicidal is another thing. Again very possible.

For me I cant believe that it was just a casual conversation, and I cant believe at all that she didnt research Harry or his family. Thats codswhollop.

She was certainly trained for the interview and I believe it was very much planned strategically.

And my doubts stem from what i perceive to be these untruths. If shes lying about these details, is she lying or embellishing other details?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

It's also hard to believe that an actress did not know that you would bow to a queen.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    It's also hard to believe that an actress did not know that you would bow to a queen.

I think she reckoned that was only in public and didn't think it happened inside closed doors when meeting the Queen as the grandchild's girlfriend. Fair enough IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,766 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

You know what summed Megan up her answer to the final question from Oprah... Have you any regrets ?

Megan said yes trusting the family to protect her...…...eh what how about the hassle its caused the man who is sitting beside you , he has lost so many relationships with his family but most importantly the one with his own brother because of all this,

So sad seeing pictures of the two little boys following there mothers coffin and now they don't speak because of Megan ,
    There Mother would be so sad ,

I did notice not one word was fumbled & everything explained so perfectly on first go there was no way they did not know what questions they would be asked,

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You know what summed Megan up her answer to the final question from Oprah... Have you any regrets ?

Megan said yes trusting the family to protect her...…...eh what how about the hassle its caused the man who is sitting beside you , he has lost so many relationships with his family but most importantly the one with his own brother because of all this,

So sad seeing pictures of the two little boys following there mothers coffin and now they don't speak because of Megan ,
    There Mother would be so sad ,

I did notice not one word was fumbled & everything explained so perfectly on first go there was no way they did not know what questions they would be asked,

The whole charade was stage managed and engineered to suit Harry and Meghan...a free for all to say what they wanted, with what may as well have been a dummy sitting opposite them asking questions and faking interest and faking shock and faking outrage..

Three out and out posers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

walshb wrote: »
    I know. It’s desperate. They want nothing to do with the media. Just privacy is all they have been asking for...

That interview the other day was just three people shooting the breeze having a chat. Cosy, intimate and private.

The media are the problem....

Broadcasting this!!!

You do understand the World has lots of different types of media?
    Making a TV program or an entertainment program is one type. E.g Suits or doing a program about mental health which was suggest Harry is doing.

Another is having some scumbag journalist chasing after you & your kids to get a photo to stick on a paper.

Trying to bundle them in together is just wrong.

sebdavis wrote: »
    Making a TV program or an entertainment program is one type. E.g Suits or doing a program about mental health which was suggest Harry is doing.

Another is having some scumbag journalist chasing after you & your kids to get a photo to stick on a paper.

But one tends to lead to the other, especially with tabloids. They don't photograph and write sensational stories about Josephine on the checkout and mention a Tesco insider as the source.

If you don't want publicity you withdraw from all forms of media.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Pull the other one.....

They wanted privacy, and the only ones dragging this on and keeping up the moaning and crying and arrogance of self entitlement are the two of them...

They are the ones actively courting publicity here

Shameful narcissistic pretentious behavior from both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

To sell to the highest bidder....so the more intimate the photo the better!

Advertisement