Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

So sad seeing pictures of the two little boys following there mothers coffin and now they don't speak because of Megan

They're two grown men for god's sake, if they don't speak then that's on them. It's easier to blame the "devil woman" as usual, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

walshb wrote: »
    Pull the other one.....

They wanted privacy, and the only ones dragging this on and keeping up the moaning and crying and arrogance of self entitlement are the two of them...

They are the ones actively courting publicity here

Shameful narcissistic pretentious behavior from both

Or you hear the line "they want publicity on their terms"

What people in the public figure get publicity on their own terms? Anyone who reaches a level of fame receives both positive and negative public opinion.

For example Ben Affleck was warned by his agent not to go on the internet when he was named as Batman.
    He admitted he did and saw someone wrote "Ben Affleck as Batman, NOOOOOOOOOO"

He said it made him feel like sxxt but he closed the internet and got on with his day.

If they want to be public figures they have to take the good and the bad. If they want a private life then they have enough money to live comfortably in private for the rest of their lives without anyone here ever hearing from them again.

But they clearly don't want that private life

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im very much thinking similar.

I can easily believe she suffered some mental suffering at times. I imagine there is a huge isolated feeling becoming part of the RF.

Whether she was suicidal is another thing. Again very possible.

For me I cant believe that it was just a casual conversation, and I cant believe at all that she didnt research Harry or his family. Thats codswhollop.

She was certainly trained for the interview and I believe it was very much planned strategically.

And my doubts stem from what i perceive to be these untruths. If shes lying about these details, is she lying or embellishing other details?

There wasn’t a question asked that hadn’t been rehearsed beforehand either with Oprah herself or a PR team. She had too much to lose, and her answers were down to a fine art. Andrew’s interview was seen as such a bumbling disaster that there’s simply no way Meghan would have taken the chance unprepared

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

There wasn’t a question asked that hadn’t been rehearsed beforehand either with Oprah herself or a PR team. She had too much to lose, and her answers were down to a fine art. Andrew’s interview was seen as such a bumbling disaster that there’s simply no way Meghan would have taken the chance unprepared

The sweat thing was hilarious, but he's proof that if you keep your head down it will eventually blow over.

No fear of him being let anywhere near an interview again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yeah I think the Queen had a sherry once before 6pm...:pac:

I'd say Andrew's dirt is in a league of its own.

im not saying she or anyone are criminals, but Im sure Andrew holds information of at least scandelous nature.

• Advertisement

They're two grown men for god's sake, if they don't speak then that's on them. It's easier to blame the "devil woman" as usual, of course.

Shes obviously involved, but yeah its not purely down to her. He makes his own choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Pull the other one.....

They wanted privacy, and the only ones dragging this on and keeping up the moaning and crying and arrogance of self entitlement are the two of them...

They are the ones actively courting publicity here

Shameful narcissistic pretentious behavior from both

So do you understand the different types of media?

sebdavis wrote: »

If what they saying is true (debatable), I could see a case why they would want their version of events out there. They will be always media targets, but I see no reason they shouldn't use the media for their own reasons.

Whether its a good idea or not long term remains to be seen.

Re: privacy - some posters seem oblivious to the difference between choosing what information is put out into the public domain about you versus having every detail of your life plastered all over the media without your consent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Re: privacy - some posters seem oblivious to the difference between choosing what information is put out into the public domain about you versus having every detail of your life plastered all over the media without your consent.
    And remember, folks - Some recollections may vary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Shes obviously involved, but yeah its not purely down to her. He makes his own choices.

I would get it if they were in their early twenties. But almost 40 years old woman complaining in that way? Practically all her complains she should have addressed to Harry first. And then Harry joined her to complain like kids, not like adults, who should have dealt with it.

I think Harry will realise sooner or later, that it was him the most, who was crucified.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I thought if you left the RF you left all your titles and lived a quiet obscure life? Not move to Hollywood and use the name and prestige to make money while doing sod all duties. I’ve so many questions of how they expected this all to work and who was going to foot the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

No idea what an answer here has to do with my point

They shamelessly are courting publicity at the expense of the RF

Nothing more nothing less

The same people who want to embrace privacy.

Your stance her is very naive

Wood for the tress springs to mind.

Yes...

as another poster mentioned: Publicity on their terms is what they want...

Unfortunately that’s one of the sacrifices you make when you choose life in the limelight. Not everyone will like you, some people will even sell stories on you, media will lap up these stories and others will put their own slant on things. It’s why I could never ever do it, no matter how beautiful or talented I may be :D it would be my worst nightmare to have every minor argument I’ve ever had splashed across the rags and toilet attendants from a night club in Barcelona 2013 selling a story on the night I stole a lollypop. I do wonder though how some major celebrities manage to live almost completely under the radar, but with the ones who crave the spotlight there will always be an element of their lives that will live in the rags because that’s just how it seems to work. I guess it doesn’t help either when your friends have a direct line to some media outlets..

Potatoeman wrote: »
    I thought if you left the RF you left all your titles and lived a quiet obscure life? Not move to Hollywood and use the name and prestige to make money while doing sod all duties. I’ve so many questions of how they expected this all to work and who was going to foot the bill.

I’m suspicious too on their claims they just HAD to sign multi million dollar deals with Netflix and Spotify because they have security to pay for now. I mean work away, do your thing but ye want to be Hollywood celebrities and that’s the long and short of it.

Kind of like the RF and its members and its people who make it work.....

They never wanted this publicity that Harry and Meghan brought...

The same two people crying over unfavorable publicity, and here they are on a chat show lobbing grenades at whole swathes of people who cannot really defend in any firm way...

Talk about hypocrisy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Believe it or not but in the past I have been very quietly asked if I would ever consider running as a TD.

No effing way...Jaysus for one...if the contents of some on my posts here got out and I have so many grubby and downright illegal skeletons in my closest that it wouldnt be long before "sources" are having a field day. The wife would leave me for sure.

My poor parents and grandmother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Love bombing. Gas lighting. Separating your ‘victim’ from others. Creating drama. Needing to be the centre of attention. The constant lies that serve no purpose other than creating sympathy or to hurt others. The playing of the victim, things that happen never being their fault, it's always someone else’s. They are flawless, perfect etc. Lashing out when being called out on their bullsh*t. Using their flying monkeys to spread rumours so their hands look clean, even when they are behind it all. Dumping them, ghosting them when they no longer serve a purpose.

I think Meghan is definitely a Cluster B dumpster fire in terms of personality disorder. If you've ever dealt with someone like that then you know the chaos it causes. The thing is that they are both very specific in the reason they moved away and relinquished their duties. They wanted privacy. Even their critics can sympathise with that. That he wanted to avoid a repeat of what happened to his mother is reasonable to anyone with empathy. What is unreasonable is that they decided to, so far, give two high profile interviews and used them to be critical of the Royal family. You either want privacy from the media and to step away from the Monarchy or you don't. It's hypocritical. No family is perfect and arguments and conflicts play out in many. As such, the Royal family for the most part do not air such dirty laundry in public. To do this via the reach of American broadcasters is an act borne out of spite particularly when you consider that one is in all likelihood lying on his deathbed and the optics of this does the couple no favours. It's not the time for public sniping and that the show wasn't pulled until Phillip recovered was telling. Whatever is going on in the interpersonal relationships of the family is none of our business. Conflicts and arguments such as those alleged could have been tackled privately. The only time the public should take an interest is if there are issues with the way "principals" act towards employees.

It will be interesting to see how the bullying allegations are dealt with, the allegations which Meghan says (with no sense of irony) are part of a calculated smear campaign.

Unfortunately that’s one of the sacrifices you make when you choose life in the limelight. Not everyone will like you, some people will even sell stories on you, media will lap up these stories and others will put their own slant on things. It’s why I could never ever do it, no matter how beautiful or talented I may be :D it would be my worst nightmare to have every minor argument I’ve ever had splashed across the rags and toilet attendants from a night club in Barcelona 2013 selling a story on the night I stole a lollypop. I do wonder though how some major celebrities manage to live almost completely under the radar, but with the ones who crave the spotlight there will always be an element of their lives that will live in the rags because that’s just how it seems to work. I guess it doesn’t help either when your friends have a direct line to some media outlets..

Indeed and I agree, I'd be a very private person too and celebrity life sounds like a total nightmare. Of course it comes with a high level of exposure but I think we can all agree that large sections of the British media are, to put it mildly, intrusive and unscrupulous. It's the nature of the beast for sure but I wouldn't blame anyone for trying to get away from them.

• Advertisement

Yes...

as another poster mentioned: Publicity on their terms is what they want...

How many interviews have they done since they left Britain? I don't know, am just curious as they're being portrayed as publicity mad but I don't remember hearing about other interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

Given how the royal family treated Diana (removed her HRH title and security too BTW), I find it incredible that
    - Harry didn't split away from them years ago
    - Meghan can expect us to believe that she had no idea what royal life would be like

If what Harry and Meghan allege is true, they are well off out of it all, I wish them luck, marriage is not easy, especially with no support or connection to either close family, apart from her mom. They do seem to be very united, and I don't know who to believe, I don't care much either though, happiness is everything in life. Good luck to them, it took courage to step away as they have.

How many interviews have they done since they left Britain? I don't know, am just curious as they're being portrayed as publicity mad but I don't remember hearing about other interviews.

They don't need to do many.

They are so globally known...that is what separates them from other known people....they are in the grade A+ league as regards power and fame.

For RF members, or former members, they are media whores........

Complete trashy celebrity type.....the exact opposite of what the royal family are supposed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

screamer wrote: »
    Given how the royal family treated Diana (removed her HRH title and security too BTW), I find it incredible that
    - Meghan can expect us to believe that she had no idea what royal life would be like

If what Harry and Meghan allege is true, they are well off out of it all, I wish them luck, marriage is not easy, especially with no support or connection to either close family, apart from her mom. They do seem to be very united, and I don't know who to believe, I don't care much either though, happiness is everything in life. Good luck to them, it took courage to step away as they have.

She was from nobility, her family could look after that. Her legacy is people questioning who’s Harry’s real father. He might be very angry with her. If she just divorced Charles this would not have come up. She then shacked up with a Muslim playboy millionaire. Not a good luck for the mother of the future King of England and head of the Protestant church.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

screamer wrote: »

I dunno. I have/had very little sympathy for Diana. She was well able to play the game to her advantage. She milked it biggly and seemed to relish the attention. She was a serial adulterer to boot.

Potatoeman wrote: »
    She was from nobility, her family could look after that. Her legacy is people questioning who’s Harry’s real father. He might be very angry with her. If she just divorced Charles this would not have come up. She then shacked up with a Muslim playboy millionaire. Not a good luck for the mother of the future King of England and head of the Protestant church.

I never got this poor Diana nonsense

Another one portrayed as a complete victim

A woman who married a man that she KNEW was in love with someone else....

And everything that happened after is all the RFs fault?

Di courted publicity like no other.....

Knocking around with every Tom, Dick and Harry.....an out and out Floozy!

At least Charles stuck to the one he actually loved....

No idea what an answer here has to do with my point

They shamelessly are courting publicity at the expense of the RF

Nothing more nothing less

The same people who want to embrace privacy.

Your stance her is very naive

Wood for the tress springs to mind.

What point? I don't see any in your posts. Just a lot of name calling.

Back to the original question, do you understand the difference in types of media? e.g Harry creating a show about mental health and someone hanging off a motor bike to get a photo of Harry's children?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

I'm simply stating that the RF have form, and Diana was hounded by the media, whether she courted that or not, it is what happened, yet Meghan thinks that we believe she could have had no idea about what her life could be like inside the RF.
    Harry I always thought suffered the most with his mothers death, I always said it was wrong to have a little boy walking for miles behind her coffin for the world to see. I'm surprised he did his duty for so long with the RF as I always thought there'd be some sort of rebellion when he grew up. Anyways, again, just to say, I do wish him and Meghan and their little ones well.

valoren wrote: »
    Love bombing. Gas lighting. Separating your ‘victim’ from others. Creating drama. Needing to be the centre of attention. The constant lies that serve no purpose other than creating sympathy or to hurt others. The playing of the victim, things that happen never being their fault, it's always someone else’s. They are flawless, perfect etc. Lashing out when being called out on their bullsh*t. Using their flying monkeys to spread rumours so their hands look clean, even when they are behind it all. Dumping them, ghosting them when they no longer serve a purpose.

I think Meghan is definitely a Cluster B dumpster fire in terms of personality disorder. If you've ever dealt with someone like that then you know the chaos it causes. The thing is that they are both very specific in the reason they moved away and relinquished their duties. They wanted privacy. Even their critics can sympathise with that. That he wanted to avoid a repeat of what happened to his mother is reasonable to anyone with empathy. What is unreasonable is that they decided to, so far, give two high profile interviews and used them to be critical of the Royal family. You either want privacy from the media and to step away from the Monarchy or you don't. It's hypocritical. No family is perfect and arguments and conflicts play out in many. As such, the Royal family for the most part do not air such dirty laundry in public. To do this via the reach of American broadcasters is an act borne out of spite particularly when you consider that one is in all likelihood lying on his deathbed. It's not the time for public sniping and that the show wasn't pulled until Phillip recovered was telling. Whatever is going on in the interpersonal relationships of the family is none of our business. Conflicts and arguments such as those alleged could have been tackled privately. The only time the public should take an interest is if there are issues with the way "principals" act towards employees.

It will be interesting to see how the bullying allegations are dealt with, the allegations which Meghan says (with no sense of irony) are part of a calculated smear campaign.

Funny that before she met the Royal Family nobody raised any issues with her? she was a big star in the US yet no stories came out.

Suddenly she gets involved with Harry, it was all going well till she didn't play ball with the press. Which the press have admitted they didn't like. Suddenly she is the worst person in the World and people lap it up.

• Advertisement

Funny that before she met the Royal Family nobody raised any issues with her? she was a big star in the US yet no stories came out.

Suddenly she gets involved with Harry, it was all going well till she didn't play ball with the press. Which the press have admitted they didn't like. Suddenly she is the worst person in the World and people lap it up.

Was she though? I’d be very au fait with American celebrity culture, read a lot of online sites and watch American celebrity news because I am a huge loser, but I’d never heard of her. Granted I’d never seen Suits so that might be part of it. I’d say she was moderately famous, not a “huge star”. Not by American standards anyway.

Advertisement