Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, have any of the people she used to work with come out since to say what she was like to work with or to be around?

I think the guy who played her love interest is her friend in real life and so comes out in support every now and again. The guy who played her father on the show gave an interview during the week and he was less than impressed with the pair of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Penn wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/halfadams/status/1367882070098288642?s=20

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/markle-adams-oprah-cowan-gavankar-b1813728.html

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMDrYQzn1QE/?utm_source=ig_embed

The least positive thing I saw from the first few pages on Google were Wendell Pierce who played her father, complaining about the insignificance of the interview itself. But the next day he posted tweets clarifying his comments
    https://twitter.com/WendellPierce/status/1369457266177490945?s=20

So yeah, she seems like a real b*tch.
    Stateofyou wrote: »
    Yes, many have come out to say nothing but good things about her.

This guy came out swinging-

https://twitter.com/halfadams/status/1367882078558121988

Wow, those are some pretty polarising accounts to the ones given by those who worked with her in the royal family.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

I think the guy who played her love interest is her friend in real life and so comes out in support every now and again. The guy who played her father on the show gave an interview during the week and he was less than impressed with the pair of them.

He didn't have anything bad to say about working with her, which was the point of the other poster's question you're answering.

He didn't have anything bad to say about working with her, which was the point of the other poster's question you're answering.

I’m aware of that. I was expanding on his point. It’s how conversation works.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Why do you keep bringing gender into it? Bullying is bullying regardless of people's identity.

If someone is bullying in the workplace, they should be disciplined, obviously.

When someone points out the hypocrisy, dis-ingenuousness and bullying of another person, that is not in itself bullying, despite how the bully might "feel" about it.

If the person feels bullied then it’s very hard to prove otherwise, I bring gender into it because of what I’ve seen in practice

• Advertisement

Yes that is what I was wondering, just had a quick Google there as I'm not familiar with Suits.

In a new interview on radio show Desert Island Discs (via The Guardian), Wendell Pierce, who played Rachel Zane's dad on Suits, discussed working with the royal. Pierce had only lovely things to say about Meghan, as he revealed that working with her "was great." He continued, "She’s a really good actress and was always sweet, always kind."

Eta: That was Oct 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

If the person feels bullied then it’s very hard to prove otherwise, I bring gender into it because of what I’ve seen in practice

Just because someone says they were bullied doesn't make it so either. Very hard to prove either way, doesn't mean we should accept she was bullied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

You’re taking this quite personally. To those who watched Suits, she was known. To everyone else, she was unknown. That’s not how “big stars”’work. Nobody wrote about her before she met Harry because nobody had any interest. And that’s the truth of it.

How exactly am I taking your faux pas personally? you made a hole for yourself and keep on digging.

So sorry to update, she was known to the millions of people who watched Suits all over the World but she wasn't know to you, a person who doesn't know the difference between the Oscars and the Emmys? about right?

sebdavis wrote: »
    How exactly am I taking your faux pas personally? you made a hole for yourself and keep on digging.

So sorry to update, she was known to the millions of people who watched Suits all over the World but she wasn't know to you, a person who doesn't know the difference between the Oscars and the Emmys? about right?

:rolleyes:

Wow, those are some pretty polarising accounts to the ones given by those who worked with her in the royal family.

Who gave accounts of working with her in the Royal family?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

:rolleyes:

It's ok, I have yet to see anyone admit on boards they made a mistake. Next time if you try to tell people you know about American culture, at least have some basic idea :-)

It was fun

bubblypop wrote: »
    Who gave accounts of working with her in the Royal family?

Isn't there bullying of staff allegations?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Just because someone says they were bullied doesn't make it so either. Very hard to prove either way, doesn't mean we should accept she was bullied.

The mood in the US seems to be that you can’t question her because of the mental health issue and the racism claim. I don’t see anyone over there coming out against her. Wether it is true or not I guess we’ll have to wait and see what comes of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I am finding that the term "bullying" is being stretched beyond all recognition.

"My boss/colleague was a little curt with me/less than 100% nice as pie"

Bang...bullying.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yes. It should be noted that the allegations came out just a few days before this interview so the timing at the very least should be considered suspicious, but until actual details come out about the bullying allegations there's very little to go on.

Yes. It should be noted that the allegations came out just a few days before this interview so the timing at the very least should be considered suspicious, but until actual details come out about the bullying allegations there's very little to go on.

You could say the same in reverse, that the racism claims came after the bullying claim though.

Potatoeman wrote: »
    You could say the same in reverse, that the racism claims came after the bullying claim though.

I believe the interview was filmed before the bullying claims came out, but I'm open to correction on that.

If the institution was racist itself then she would not have been allowed to date him, never mind marry him. Many royal families have very strict rules about who they can date (look at Asia). The comment has Philip written all over it but he’s in hospital so can’t blame him.

I believe the interview was filmed before the bullying claims came out, but I'm open to correction on that.

Probably got the info on it and launched the investigation as a counter before it aired so.

Yeah, the timing of that to me was so obviously a deflection attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

If the institution was racist itself then she would not have been allowed to date him, never mind marry him. Many royal families have very strict rules about who they can date (look at Asia). The comment has Philip written all over it but he’s in hospital so can’t blame him.

Nah, I am going with Charles or William. It had to somebody close enough to say it. Anyway, I don't see the comment as even remotely racist.

You have a pale redhead man and a biracial women- of course somebody would go "That will be an interesting combo" it is the type of quip you would hear back in the pub and not bat an eyelid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Interview was recorded in mid February I believe.

The bullying claims became much more detailed after the interview, but there have been rumblings of same going back a fair while, though they were much more vague.

It was alleged there were 3 involved in the bullying complaints, but it's since come out that (again allegedly) at least one of them was let go for gross misconduct. Also, there were never any formal complaints made. I read that the people allegedly to have been bullied didn't know about the complaint made on their behalf and once found out, asked for it to be retracted.

So what could palace HR be investigating, if there are no formal complaints made? And if they existed, it was 3 years ago nearly so why not tackled then? This will be interesting to see what actually comes of it.

The bullying complaint was made in 2018.

Probably got the info on it and launched the investigation as a counter before it aired so.

From what I remember, Meghan said the morning of the interview was the same day Prince Philip was taken to hospital which was about 2 weeks before the interview aired. The allegations of bullying came out just a few days before the interview was aired.

So the reveal of the allegations almost certainly seems timed to try and disparage Meghan before the interview.

That's working for her, not with her.
    There may be a big difference in how someone behaved with colleagues or with the staff

Nah, I am going with Charles or William. It had to somebody close enough to say it. Anyway, I don't see the comment as even remotely racist.

You have a pale redhead man and a biracial women- of course somebody would go "That will be an interesting combo" it is the type of quip you would hear back in the pub and not bat an eyelid.

What comment are you talking about? Neither of them has detailed what was said. Only that there questions and concerns about what colour his skin might be and what that would mean. Harry said he was shocked. Seems to be something to it.

bubblypop wrote: »
    That's working for her, not with her.
    There may be a big difference in how someone behaved with colleagues or with the staff

There are staff on TV sets, have any of them complained about how she treated them?

There are staff on TV sets, have any of them complained about how she treated them?

I don't know

• Advertisement

Oprah has said since the interview that Harry said the comment wasn't made by the Queen or Philip, so Charles is the frontrunner imo.

But regarding the comment itself, we don't know how it was phrased, but they're implying it wasn't merely a throwaway comment or question of how dark his skin might be
    Meghan said that "in the months when I was pregnant… we have in tandem the conversation of he won't be given security, he's not going to be given a title, and also concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he's born."

It's up for debate as to what "...concerns and conversations..." entails, but both of them did emphasise there were several conversations and questions about it.

Advertisement