Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

bubblypop wrote: »
    I don't know

I think you know very well if there were we'd have heard about them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I don't know

I'd say someone would have tweeted at this stage if there was negative stuff.....joss wheedon had a whole load of his former cast come against him recently.

It's hard to know, the whole perception v reality comes into play

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I think you know very well if there were we'd have heard about them

Most likely we can assume she wasnt a bully on the set of her TV show. No evidence or allegations to suggest it.

Thats not to say she didnt change. Fame and power can alter the character of people.

Is it possible she bullied staff in her role within the RF? Yes

Do i believe she bullied staff? I dont know, its all hear say. One word against another.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

There are staff on TV sets, have any of them complained about how she treated them?

Bullies don’t usually bully everyone they come into contact with. Just those who they view as beneath them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

I think the bullying complaints were made and the internal discussions were about if the dignity at work policy applied to "Principals" i.e. working members of the Royal family and starting disciplinary procedures against them, verbal warnings etc. The murmurings after staff began leaving was the genesis of the Duchess Difficult gutter press making their deductions about what was happening behind closed doors. Prince Harry is (allegedly) said to have asked that any internal reviews be curtailed. My guess is that the "firm" decided to adopt the kick the can down the road approach on it as the couple were working Royals and they were (ironically) protected. However, since they've now left formal duties and are willing to do PR interviews which were likely to be critical of the firm then the bullying allegations story was leaked to the Times in advance of the Oprah broadcast. A sort of shot across the bow. My guess is that the grey suits will take the hit on not applying the dignity at work policy at the time to give staff an internal review and will seek to make amends to them. I would expect that after the fall out that the likelihood is that the conclusion of it all will be legalese about Principals not being part of the policy but going forward they will be i.e. yes, after a review bullying did occur, we won't apply any discipline as the culprit is no longer a Principal, we've made sure it will be addressed if it happens again, we apologise to X Y & Z, yadda yadda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,700 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Stateofyou wrote: »
    What comment are you talking about? Neither of them has detailed what was said. Only that there questions and concerns about what colour his skin might be and what that would mean. Harry said he was shocked. Seems to be something to it.

But, surely if Harry had any decency, scruples, standards, he would have clarified that this one comment by one person was in no way to suggest that the many many other people that make the RF what is, are in any way racist.

No, he was happy to let this one comment grow legs to create this institutionalized racist angle that he knew the media (yes, those people he allegedly does not like or trust) would ru with to beat on his own family...

What does this tell you about him?

Unless I missed something, and Harry is making out that there is some endemic racism inherent with the whole institution?

Did he suggest this? Because if he did not, and this is about one person, then he is a real lowlife to let this one unnamed person paint a picture that the RF is racist!

And if they are....then he bloody well is, too!

Bullies don’t usually bully everyone they come into contact with. Just those who they view as beneath them.

Or those vulnerable. Bullys are opportunists. They pick their spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

He lost his job after more than 40,000 complaints including from Meghan herself. That's counts as "hounded out of a job" in my books.

Yes he was loud and annoying but that's not something that should cause someone to lose their job. But I don't think he did or said anything that he should be forced to apologise for. There is this ridiculous notion that he was behaving in a racist way just for daring to question Meghan. And Sharon Osbourne defending his right to an opinion is considered "racist" as well apparently. It's insanity.

What ever way you see it, he walked. He wasn't hounded out.

The worst thing to come out of all this is that people are actually defending Piers Morgan. The guy is a horrible human being, he's not just "loud and annoying". This is a guy central to the phone hacking scandal. He published fake photos showing british solders torturing Iraqi prisoners and couldn't have cared less of the problems that caused. He had paparazzi follow Ian Hislop after a Have I Got News For You episode and was offering money for details on his private life, that's his MO. He published pictures of people leaving addiction clinics. That's just the start, and god knows what else he does that doesn't become public. The guy is a horrible toxic piece of shít, he's the personification of worst aspects of british tabloid culture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

walshb wrote: »
    But, surely if Harry had any decency, scruples, standards, he would have clarified that this one comment by one person was in no way to suggest that the many many other people that make the RF what is, are in any way racist.

No, he was happy to let this one comment grow legs to create this institutionalized racist angle that he knew the media (yes, those people he allegedly does not like or trust) would ru with to beat on his own family...

What does this tell you about him?

Unless I missed something, and Harry is making out that there is some endemic racism inherent with the whole institution?

Did he suggest this? Because if he did not, and this is about one person, then he is a real lowlife to let this one unnamed person paint a picture that the RF is racist!

And if they are....then he bloody well is, too!

Well I can't speak for Harry, but he also said he was very hurt that none of his family spoke up publicly or to them about the racism that was directed towards his family. So it seems to me that the comment made is part of what went on. There was also the wearing of a Blackamoor brooch by another member of the RF, don't know if that caused them offence but it was widely talked about and criticised by the public.

The British Royal Family is inherently built upon centuries of racism. I think that being labelled a racist or being asked if your family is racist is inflammatory, and of course William and the RF would get their backs up. But the thing is, if you're not actively anti-racist in standing up against it (which Harry is upset they did not) then you're upholding and condoning a racist system. That's how I see it.

Any chance you can have a calm discussion without resorting to name calling?

So from 2011 -2017 she was a kind person, good friend and a caring co worker by all accounts then 2018 hit and BOOM she became a narcissistic bully.
    Well that is one big personality transformation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

He sounds like a weirdo when he talks about her. Overly emotional after one meeting that he took to be a date. I imagine he set her mental alrm bells. Not engaging at all is a normal enough response to people who behave weirdly in this context.

I find it so strange that he generates sympathy with some people. Personally my mind boggles at how bitter and pathetic he appears to me to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Cienciano wrote: »
    The worst thing to come out of all this is that people are actually defending Piers Morgan. The guy is a horrible human being, he's not just "loud and annoying". This is a guy central to the phone hacking scandal. He published fake photos showing british solders torturing Iraqi prisoners and couldn't have cared less of the problems that caused. He had paparazzi follow Ian Hislop after a Have I Got News For You episode and was offering money for details on his private life, that's his MO. He published pictures of people leaving addiction clinics. That's just the start, and god knows what else he does that doesn't become public. The guy is a horrible toxic piece of shít, he's the personification of worst aspects of british tabloid culture.

Absolutely. I am Team Noone in the whole HM vs RF thing, they are all doses, but the role of the media in the whole thing is what we should be paying attention to because adjacent people are shaping politics and ultimately our lives.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Cienciano wrote: »
    What ever way you see it, he walked. He wasn't hounded out.

Yeah I kinda feel the same way, Piers Morgan is a horrible man who has on multiple occasions attacked various famous women just because he doesn't like them or, in MM's case has been 'personally slighted'

He had a go at the Kardashians before as well, and was best buddies with Trump until he read the mood in the room and did a U-turn on that.

He's a nasty piece of work and the fact that people are defending baffles me.

I don't really care about the Royal Family and who is right or wrong but just because you think Meghan and Harry are wrong absolutely does not make Piers Morgan right - he is obsessed with her - just read his last few weeks of tweets they are nasty and abusive.

So from 2011 -2017 she was a kind person, good friend and a caring co worker by all accounts then 2018 hit and BOOM she became a narcissistic bully.

Its not unlikely..... a huge change in environment, press treatment, new situations, increased fame.

Im not saying she is guilty of becoming a monster, thats debatable, but her life change dramatically. its possible her mindset, personality or other personal traits changed too.

Well I can't speak for Harry, but he also said he was very hurt that none of his family spoke up publicly or to them about the racism that was directed towards his family. So it seems to me that the comment made is part of what went on. There was also the wearing of a Blackamoor brooch by another member of the RF, don't know if that caused them offence but it was widely talked about and criticised by the public.

The British Royal Family is inherently built upon centuries of racism. I think that being labelled a racist or being asked if your family is racist is inflammatory, and of course William and the RF would get their backs up. But the thing is, if you're not actively anti-racist in standing up against it (which Harry is upset they did not) then you're upholding and condoning a racist system. That's how I see it.

Any chance you can have a calm discussion without resorting to name calling?

Name calling?

What are you on about?

Are you getting offended because I used the word lowlife about Harry because he is letting one possible racist comment tarnish a whole institution?

What would you call someone if they did this?

Calm discussion? Read my post. What is not calm about it?

Necro wrote: »
    Yeah I kinda feel the same way, Piers Morgan is a horrible man who has on multiple occasions attacked various famous women just because he doesn't like them or, in MM's case has been 'personally slighted'

He had a go at the Kardashians before as well, and was best buddies with Trump until he read the mood in the room and did a U-turn on that.

He's a nasty piece of work and the fact that people are defending baffles me.

I don't really care about the Royal Family and who is right or wrong but just because you think Meghan and Harry are wrong absolutely does not make Piers Morgan right - he is obsessed with her - just read his last few weeks of tweets they are nasty and abusive.

No arguments here about Morgans character. A self absorbed narcissist and a man of very low morals.

I just think of all the things hes done to get axed, is this it? He had a negative opinion.

Hes reaped what he sows anyway, no sympathy for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its not unlikely..... a huge change in environment, press treatment, new situations, increased fame.

Im not saying she is guilty of becoming a monster, thats debatable, but her life change dramatically. its possible her mindset, personality or other personal traits changed too.

Especially given the stresses she was likely under due to the huge (largely negative) media pressures and whatever else was going on within the Royal Family. Absolutely it could have made her lose her temper with some staff.

But there's very little, and somewhat conflicting, details on it, and the timing of the release of the accusations is quite clearly a retaliation for doing the interview.

No arguments here about Morgans character. A self absorbed narcissist and a man of very low morals.

I just think of all the things hes done to get axed, is this it? He had a negative opinion.

Hes reaped what he sows anyway, no sympathy for him.

I think he was looking for an excuse personally, it feeds into his whole personality.
    And at the end of the day they didn't axe him, they asked him to apologise about the comments he made on daytime television about mental health and he refused to do that and left of his own accord.

The way he walked off when being called out for his comments by a colleague just show him up as the pathetic little bully he really is, well able to dish it out but unable to take it when someone gives it back to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Penn wrote: »
    Especially given the stresses she was likely under due to the huge (largely negative) media pressures and whatever else was going on within the Royal Family. Absolutely it could have made her lose her temper with some staff.

Are you excusing her (possible) bullying of staff because she was under pressure? There is absolutely no reason to treat people like shlt, if the allegations are in fact true. Especially from someone who considers themselves a humanitarian

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Are you excusing her (possible) bullying of staff because she was under pressure? There is absolutely no reason to treat people like shlt, if the allegations are in fact true.

I am in no way, shape or form excusing her (possible) bullying. If anything, I'm trying to lend credence to the idea that even though she may never have bullied anyone on Suits or anywhere else she worked, the pressures I listed may have caused her to act out and bully (or otherwise treat like sh*t) the Palace staff as per the accusations.

Explaining a possible cause is not the same as excusing the resulting behaviour.

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    I think he was looking for an excuse personally, it feeds into his whole personality.
    And at the end of the day they didn't axe him, they asked him to apologise about the comments he made on daytime television about mental health and he refused to do that and left of his own accord.

The way he walked off when being called out for his comments by a colleague just show him up as the pathetic little bully he really is, well able to dish it out but unable to take it when someone gives it back to him.

Personally I believe he used it as an opportunity to generate his own publicity.

A few news organisations are allegedly interested in him. I wouldnt put it past his actions were an attempt to cause a scene in order to generate news about himself. Controversial but he appeals to many and his controversy will create buzz, and he may feed off this buzz for his next job.

People wanna talk about Meghan acting her way through the interview, which may have some truth to it, but Id wager Piers has done a great job himself walking out, feigning outrage and seeking the publicity to gain himself a better job.

Name calling?

What are you on about?

Are you getting offended because I used the word lowlife about Harry because he is letting one possible racist comment tarnish a whole institution?

No need for name calling, that's my point. You seem very riled up about Harry.

I don't think that's what he's doing. And if I did think he acted wrongly, I would point out why without name calling or insults.

No need for name calling, that's my point. You seem very riled up about Harry.

I don't think that's what he's doing. And if I did think he acted wrongly, I would point out why without name calling and insults.

What is that fixation on name calling?

Have you a list times/words here that offend you, or constitute name calling?

World like pretentious, narcissistic, entitled, shallow, vulgar, vindictive etc..

Seems bit silly debating you if every time some descriptive word pops up here in relation to Harry and Meghan that doesn’t sit well with you is jumped on

Maybe give people a full list of what you deem name calling..

Name calling?

What are you on about?

Mod:

You were warned about the aggressive posting not two pages ago - don't post in this thread again

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Was she anyone's boss on the show though? The allegations now aren't coming from fellow senior royals or even junior royals, so not colleagues or co-workers they are coming from palace staff. We all probably know someone who is lovely to his co-workers but is a dick to subordinates.

There were murmurings about the staff turnover from the beginning -the first official one was submitted in 2018 the year they married. Whether there's any substance to the allegations remains to be seen but something like 10 people have now come forward.

It feels like something did happen at the time, and in particular something that will make Meghan and Harry look bad. And it's probably true that it resurfaced conveniently in response to hearing they were being interviewed to remind them that if mud slinging is going to happen they aren't the only ones with dirt to throw.

If the racism allegation stays at the forefront of the media, or the media starts digging to find out who exactly it was you can expect that a few more highly placed sources will blab a story or two about H&M.

What is that fixation on name calling?

Have you a list times/words here that offend you, or constitute name calling?

World like pretentious, narcissistic, entitled, shallow, vulgar, vindictive etc..

Seems bit silly debating you if every time some descriptive word pops up here in relation to Harry and Meghan that doesn’t sit well with you is jumped on

Maybe give people a full list of what you deem name calling..

You're going off on one now, you really didn't like being pulled up on name calling, do you? Descriptive does not equal name calling, but I think you know that already.

So tell me this, do you really think the British royal family isn't inherently racist? You've said it's Harry that is letting "one comment" tarnish the entire institution, that' he's "created this institutionalized racist angle," and you questioned this a few posts back: "Unless I missed something, and Harry is making out that there is some endemic racism inherent with the whole institution?"

You don't think the British Royal Family has a long history of colonialism, racism and sexism that they uphold and represent to this day? I'd like to hear your thoughts on those points you made.

Edit: Or not... anyone else have thoughts on this?

Well I can't speak for Harry, but he also said he was very hurt that none of his family spoke up publicly or to them about the racism that was directed towards his family. ?

What racism?

Neyite wrote: »
    Was she anyone's boss on the show though? The allegations now aren't coming from fellow senior royals or even junior royals, so not colleagues or co-workers they are coming from palace staff. We all probably know someone who is lovely to his co-workers but is a dick to subordinates.

Most leading role actors/actress have assistants on set, there would also have been runners, interns, catering staff etc. Plenty that she could potentially see as being below her if she had a mind to.

What racism?

Ah here... seriously?

KP even issued a strongly worded rebuke about it on behalf of Harry when they were still dating. And that's before Archie was likened to a chimpanzee.

• Advertisement

It would want to be a fairly big trauma to change someone's personality so dramatically and in such a short time.

Advertisement