Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,700 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Stateofyou wrote: »
    You've missed the point again and you seem to be doing it deliberately. I've made the connection between the past and present and I think this was quite clear. I'd appreciate it if you'd drop it as it's not getting anywhere and you're starting to get insulting again by saying I'm illogical. If you don't get the point that's fine.

Grand.

Just to be clear: I was in no way insulting you, the poster here.

I happened to think the point made was an illogical point.

You think I misinterpret the point. Fine..

Necro kindly lifted a thread ban for me.

I am not going to disrespect that by jumping straight in to insult anyone..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

They fed into the spectacle by inviting some of the world’s most famous and powerful people. Some who they didn’t even know. That is why I believe she is obsessed with optics. That is my opinion of her and I’m entitled to that. And yes the small and intimate affair does sound lovely. I’m sure the British tax payer is delighted to learn that their money was well spent on a “spectacle” when what they really wanted was something small.

Is inviting a few of the worlds most famous people out of place at a wedding of the world's most famous family? :confused:

Well it must have generated some revenue for the UK so maybe it all worked out in the end. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

They fed into the spectacle by inviting some of the world’s most famous and powerful people. Some who they didn’t even know. That is why I believe she is obsessed with optics. That is my opinion of her and I’m entitled to that. And yes the small and intimate affair does sound lovely. I’m sure the British tax payer is delighted to learn that their money was well spent on a “spectacle” when what they really wanted was something small.

That is one viewpoint.

To me it looks like she invited and befriended people with power and influence who could prove useful in her furthering future charitable edeavours, which she was engaged in before she even met Harry.

Oprah is a no-brainer in this regard and Amal Clooney even more so, given her experience and influence in third world countries, exactly the sort of places Meghan had worked and was likely to in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

cnocbui wrote: »
    That is one viewpoint.

To me it looks like she invited and befriended people with power and influence who could prove useful in her furthering future charitable edeavours, which she was engaged in before she even met Harry.

Oprah is a no-brainer in this regard and Amal Clooney even more so, given her experience and influence in third world countries, exactly the sort of places Meghan had worked and was likely to in the future.

DefiantEnragedCow-size_restricted.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Mmm oprah or half brother who has been arrested for taking a gun to his fiancees head.

These were Meghan’s only options? No friend of her mother or family member could be found and invited to support her mother? I don’t believe that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Is inviting a few of the worlds most famous people out of place at a wedding of the world's most famous family? :confused:

Well it must have generated some revenue for the UK so maybe it all worked out in the end. ;)

Generated 1billion in tourism according to NY times.

They also requested gifts in the form of charity donations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Penn wrote: »
    I believe the interview was filmed before the bullying claims came out, but I'm open to correction on that.

I heard about bulling 2-3 years ago. As far as I remember 2 of her PAs resigned. But maybe there are new bulling allegations?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Most likely we can assume she wasnt a bully on the set of her TV show. No evidence or allegations to suggest it.

Thats not to say she didnt change. Fame and power can alter the character of people.

Is it possible she bullied staff in her role within the RF? Yes

Do i believe she bullied staff? I dont know, its all hear say. One word against another.

I agree.

And she has this cruel streak cutting people off entirely. She did it to men in her life as well as close friends.

And I believe there is no smoke without a fire. You have to have some personality trait otherwise people wouldn't assign certain behaviour to you.

JoChervil wrote: »
    I heard about bulling 2-3 years ago. As far as I remember 2 of her PAs resigned. But maybe there are new bulling allegations?

The allegations concern a lot of loyal and long standing aids to the RF who seemingly could not cope with the pressure Meghan and Harry put them under. One was once a PA for Madonna, arguably the biggest Diva on the planet, but it was working for Meghan that made her quit.
    It would make you think..

The allegations concern a lot of loyal and long standing aids to the RF who seemingly could not cope with the pressure Meghan and Harry put them under. One was once a PA for Madonna, arguably the biggest Diva on the planet, but it was working for Meghan that made her quit.
    It would make you think..

Which one of those was allegedly let go for gross misconduct?

And where do you get that opinion, from a tabloid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

cnocbui wrote: »
    That is one viewpoint.

Im of the opinion that she invited and befriended people with power and influence who could prove useful in her furthering her own endeavours,Oprah being a case in point

Did she know this rapper guy who gave them his home when they moved over first,or did she even met him before they moved in to his house?

Seems to me she got this fame and the Royal sparkle marrying Harry and she just wasnt getting to monetise this or getting to meet all these stars being stuck in England,Harry is just a passenger.

Which one of those was allegedly let go for gross misconduct?

And where do you get that opinion, from a tabloid?

I got it from the reports of the leaked email by Jason Knauf where in 2018 he states Meghan bullied two PA’s out of a job, is currently bullying another staff member and states they have a variety of reports from people who have witnessed said unacceptable behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

These were Meghan’s only options? No friend of her mother or family member could be found and invited to support her mother? I don’t believe that.

Her mother brought up a daughter, she owned and ran a small business, she's a woman of colour living in the US, she was a social worker in mental health - something I couldn't do - but OMG, no one to hold the poor things hand at a wedding.

The invented sleights perpetrated by Meghan are near endless. Maybe mum didn't want her hand held?

Oh dear, look at the poor lonely wallflower all alone and miserable:

Doria-Ragland.jpg

Looking at the images she seems to have spent most of her time standing next to Prince Charles, conversing.

Ms2011 wrote: »
    It would want to be a fairly big trauma to change someone's personality so dramatically and in such a short time.

But there is such saying that success got to someone's head. The bigger success the stronger effect. And it happens rather rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

And she has this cruel streak cutting people off entirely. She did it to men in her life as well as close friends.

Nothing wrong with cutting people off in life if you have a good reason to do so. Nobody is entitled to have a relationship with someone else. Calling it a "cruel streak" without knowing the circumstances is a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

But there is such saying that success got to someone's head. The bigger success the stronger effect. And it happens rather rapidly.

Feels more like clutching at straws.
    There is proven precedent of her being a good friend and likeable co worker, there's none of her being a bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Nothing wrong with cutting people off in life if you have a good reason to do so. Nobody is entitled to have a relationship with someone else. Calling it a "cruel streak" without knowing the circumstances is a bit much.

Get up the yard will ya. You and your kind are like a pair or arse licking drones.

Its disgraceful how she has cut off all of her family especially her father who looks like he is on his last legs. Divorced already, cut off all her family except her mum, cut off plenty of friends already and now surprise surprise, her husband is abandoning his family too and throwing them under the bus.

There gets to a stage with anyone where when they have fallen out with so many people, they need to look at themselves. This doesn't apply though to narcissists and sociopaths. They tend to believe their own bull****.

For me there were too many such people...

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Feels more like clutching at straws.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

?

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,700 ✭✭✭✭walshb

?

Fook it..can’t beat em, join em.

For me there were too many such people...

And what were the reasons they were cut off?

Get up the yard will ya. You and your kind are like a pair or arse licking drones.

Its disgraceful how she has cut off all of her family especially her father who looks like he is on his last legs. Divorced already, cut off all her family except her mum, cut off plenty of friends already and now surprise surprise, her husband is abandoning his family too and throwing them under the bus.

There gets to a stage with anyone where when they have fallen out with so many people, they need to look at themselves. This doesn't apply though to narcissists and sociopaths. They tend to believe their own bull****.

Her family is her mum and dad....

Her dad...divorced twice, is estranged from both his daughters and sold meghan out to the tabloids, has said will continue doing interviews until meghan talks to him.....yeah that sounds like a healthy relationship.....if he's lonely why not build a bridge with his other daughter.

Elder half sister...17 years of an age gap, were not raised together ....how much of a relationship was there before? .. samantha herself estranged from her mother, father and brother and all 3 of her children , divorced twice currently living with her boyfriend....she didn't go to Meghan's first wedding so why did she suddenly want to go to her second wedding......but yeah I can see how meghan is the problem here.

Elder half brother 15 year age gap , how much of a relationship was there to begin with? Estranged from both his sisters. Divorced twice , has gun charges against him for holding a gun against his fiancees head.......wrote a letter to Harry telling him not to marry Meghan.....sounds like the best big brother ever!!!

Her ex husband , they were together years before they got married, the marriage itself only lasted 2 and was a no fault divorce.....there doesn't seem to be any scandal around this just a relationship running it's course.....is everyone who is divorced not allowed a second chance at happiness ? Or are all divorcees sociopaths?

Her family is her mum and dad....

Her dad...divorced twice, is estranged from both his daughters and sold meghan out to the tabloids, has said will continue doing interviews until meghan talks to him.....yeah that sounds like a healthy relationship.....if he's lonely why not build a bridge with his other daughter.

Elder half sister...17 years of an age gap, were not raised together ....how much of a relationship was there before? .. samantha herself estranged from her mother, father and brother and all 3 of her children , divorced twice currently living with her boyfriend....she didn't go to Meghan's first wedding so why did she suddenly want to go to her second wedding......but yeah I can see how meghan is the problem here.

Elder half brother 15 year age gap , how much of a relationship was there to begin with? Estranged from both his sisters. Divorced twice , has gun charges against him for holding a gun against his fiancees head.......wrote a letter to Harry telling him not to marry Meghan.....sounds like the best big brother ever!!!

Her ex husband , they were together years before they got married, the marriage itself only lasted 2 and was a no fault divorce.....there doesn't seem to be any scandal around this just a relationship running it's course.....is everyone who is divorced not allowed a second chance at happiness ? Or are all divorcees sociopaths?

As someone said earlier in the thread, you'd swear her family were the Waltons the way some people are going on about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

As someone said earlier in the thread, you'd swear her family were the Waltons the way some people are going on about them.

I am surprised we dont have a few people on here nominating her dad for "Daddy of the year"

That was me....and the Brady Bunch :D

I got it from the reports of the leaked email by Jason Knauf where in 2018 he states Meghan bullied two PA’s out of a job, is currently bullying another staff member and states they have a variety of reports from people who have witnessed said unacceptable behaviour.

Why doesn't he mention one of those employees in his email was allegedly let go for gross misconduct?

This was backed up by one of Meghan and Harry's close friends who was authorised to speak about it.

Why doesn't he mention one of those employees in his email was allegedly let go for gross misconduct?

This was backed up by one of Meghan and Harry's close friends who was authorised to speak about it.

I don’t know? Why are you asking me? I’m not him.

• Advertisement

I don’t know? Why are you asking me? I’m not him.

Well, because you said you got your information from that email, so I'm asking you about it. Don't you think that's strange he puts forward an email that allegedly, one was let go for gross misconduct and the others never even filed a formal complaint and when they learned of his email, asked for it to be retracted? So if true, he lied.

That email and the person who wrote it seems very problematic to me.

Advertisement