Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

I was never interested in them. Interested generally in the world around I just read few bits and pieces but never paid full attention because I don't think anyone can know the truth. I was completely indifferent to them. And then this interview has happened. I didn't even know when it was to be on tv, it was so outside of my area of interest. My friend What'sUpped me few minutes before it started.

And as far as I am concerned I would have much higher opinion about two of them, if it didn't happen.

I only base my opinion on facts. And fact, which I find strange are:
    - She didn't invite anyone close to her wedding (looks like she doesn't have friends or doesn't respect them enough to share this joy with them)
    - Her mum was invited on her own (who does this?)
    - She invited strangers to this event (does she value only people, who can facilitate her life?)
    - She gave an interview, which put her closest person in a very bad position

This interview make me really dislike her. I wasn't looking for things to do it. Her action caused it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

anewme wrote: »
    And what do you think William's reply would be?

Well if the alleged speculation about the rift generating idea that he asked his brother to think about cooling his jets is true then he's been vindicated. If I was William I'd be asking Harry if he knows what "right of reply" and "sh*t or get off the pot" means.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

I am just watching Gogglebox and they’re reviewing the Oprah interview. In their montage of shaming the British rags they included an Enquirer headline that said “Meghan will be murdered like Diana”. The Enquirer is an American tabloid :D jaysus everyone knows not to take that rag seriously. The last time I saw it the headline said something like “the mummified body of Michael Jackson comes back to haunt his estate”

Just when you thought Neverland couldn’t get any creepier!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

What's the likelihood of Meg finding some decent work in the coming years?
    Surely there will be a lot of people that won't want to touch her, - best to stay away and not get involved.
    She could ask the people she invited to the wedding, but it is more likely that they turned up because it was a royal wedding, not Megs' wedding.

I am guessing that this next 12 months, much of her time will be taken up by other things, so she mightn't work then. During and after that, there will be loads of Oprah types knocking on her door. No interest in Meg herself, but again, their interest is some gossip on the royal family. Surely those stories will go stale, and many studios won't want to touch her. Hollywood is very clicky, and Meg has nothing to offer other than she is married to Harry. If the royal family decide to take a stand on this, they have connections all around the world. Proper connections. Meg might have the majority support on twitter and instagram, but I'm not sure that really counts for much in the greater scheme of things unless they want backing from Laura in Coventry and to film on Karen's land in Aberdeen.

Did we find out any more about whether they directly stated if it was a family member that made the racist remark or the courtisan?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

walshb wrote: »
    You’re baiting now...

Let’s leave it..

To me that sounds a bit creepy.
    Wanting to listen in to private conversations of family members.

What about Meghan and her ex-boyfriend Cory Vitellio? She dated him and Prince Harry at the same time. In an interview with Harry, they both said they met in JULY of 2016, supposedly right after Meghan and Cory broke up. But Meghan has accidentally let slip in an interview she gave that she met Prince Harry in MAY of 2016, when she was still dating Cory. She was at an Invictus Games opening with Prince Harry, when they would have met, while she was still dating her boyfriend.

BettyS wrote: »
    What about Meghan and her ex-boyfriend Cory Vitellio? She dated him and Prince Harry at the same time. In an interview with Harry, they both said they met in JULY of 2016, supposedly right after Meghan and Cory broke up. But Meghan has accidentally let slip in an interview she gave that she met Prince Harry in MAY of 2016, when she was still dating Cory. She was at an Invictus Games opening with Prince Harry, when they would have met, while she was still dating her boyfriend.

Oh my God....hang the witch!!!! was she actually dating two people at the same time.......or she was or wasn't or you are not actually sure?

sebdavis wrote: »
    Oh my God....hang the witch!!!! was she actually dating two people at the same time.......

This may be one of the reasons why the public don’t warm to her.

These stories make people suspicious about a person, rightly or wrongly.

I bet you condemn every single one of the bad deeds that were perpetrated against Meghan. What about the bad deeds that she committed?

You infer from my post. I did not say about disliking her. I merely bring points to the debate

This may be one of the reasons why the public don’t warm to her.

These stories make people suspicious about a person, rightly or wrongly.

I bet you condemn every single one of the bad deeds that were perpetrated against Meghan. What about the bad deeds that she committed?

You infer from my post. I did not say about disliking her. I merely bring points to the debate

Making comments about a person based on what you read on the Sun is not right in my opinion. Simple as that.

Lets not forget the "truth" the Sun told after the Hillsborough disaster.

• Advertisement

Making comments about a person based on what you read on the Sun is not right in my opinion. Simple as that.

I actually have not read the Sun in over 15 years.

But you, my friend, are making your assessment after speaking personally to all involved parties?

Don’t ridicule my sources when your are likely no different

Not that I need to justify my choice of reading materials to you, but find enclosed my source

www.ibtimes.com/meghan-markle-cheating-rumors-resurface-did-she-date-harry-ex-boyfriend-same-time-2885360%3famp=1

I actually have not read the Sun in over 15 years.

But you, my friend, are making your assessment after speaking personally to all involved parties?

Don’t ridicule my sources when your are likely no different

Im not accusing anyone of anything. So I don't require a "source"
    Please enlighten me to your "source"?

Im not accusing anyone of anything. So I don't require a "source"
    Please enlighten me to your "source"?

See above my source.

I am sorry that I cannot meet your standard. Sorry if it’s not published in a high impact, peer-reviewed journal and in the Harvard style referencing. Silly me! I am just a mindless Sun reader in your eyes anyway.

See above my source.

I am sorry that I cannot meet your standard. Sorry if it’s not published in a high impact, peer-reviewed journal and in the Harvard style referencing. Silly me! I am just a mindless Sun reader in your eyes anyway.

Error 404
    In school my teacher would mark that down as "must try better" :P

Error 404
    In school my teacher would mark that down as "must try better" :P

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.ibtimes.com/meghan-markle-cheating-rumors-resurface-did-she-date-harry-ex-boyfriend-same-time-2885360%3famp=1

Are you one of those Generation Zers that I keep hearing about? So how’s that going?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Cory's current partner left her husband in MAY of 2016.....

So who dumped who???? Oh the conspiracy....

Did Cory dump Meg for his new partner ??? Breaking up a marriage...

Or did Meg dump Cory for Harry??? Ready to reek havoc in the royal family...

Tune in later for the next update of Gossip Girl.

Cory and his new partner had a baby in 2018 so he's not exactly crying into his cornflakes each morning....a tired and broken man.

Are you one of those people who struggle to copy & paste a link? how is that going for you?

Do you think a website is high brow because they stuck "Business" in the title
    When you see a webpage with loads of pictures and little writing, normally thats a huge guide to the target audience. Let's just say they ain't after the Harvard crowd

Cory's current partner left her husband in MAY of 2016.....

So who dumped who???? Oh the conspiracy....

Did Cory dump Meg for his new partner ??? Breaking up a marriage...

Or did Meg dump Cory for Harry??? Ready to reek havoc in the royal family...

Tune in later for the next update of Gossip Girl.

Cory and his new partner had a baby in 2018 so he's not exactly crying into his cornflakes each morning....a tired and broken man.

I can't wait, I haven't any finger nails left in anticipation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Suckit wrote: »
    What's the likelihood of Meg finding some decent work in the coming years?
    Surely there will be a lot of people that won't want to touch her, - best to stay away and not get involved.
    She could ask the people she invited to the wedding, but it is more likely that they turned up because it was a royal wedding, not Megs' wedding.

I am guessing that this next 12 months, much of her time will be taken up by other things, so she mightn't work then. During and after that, there will be loads of Oprah types knocking on her door. No interest in Meg herself, but again, their interest is some gossip on the royal family. Surely those stories will go stale, and many studios won't want to touch her. Hollywood is very clicky, and Meg has nothing to offer other than she is married to Harry. If the royal family decide to take a stand on this, they have connections all around the world. Proper connections. Meg might have the majority support on twitter and instagram, but I'm not sure that really counts for much in the greater scheme of things unless they want backing from Laura in Coventry and to film on Karen's land in Aberdeen.

Who are Meg, Laura from Coventry and Karen in Aberdeen?

• Advertisement

Are you one of those people who struggle to copy & paste a link? how is that going for you?

When you see a webpage with loads of pictures and little writing, normally thats a huge guide to the target audience. Let's just say they ain't after the Harvard crowd

I bow to your superior knowledge. Well done you! You are simply marvellous!

Harvard crowd and Harvard style referencing are two different concepts. But I will not elaborate, as you surely know.

Now, perhaps I had a stressful day in work, and am tired. Perhaps this led to my erroneous link on my post? But no, I am an idiot.

And all of us who suggest that Meghan is less than perfect are idiots in your eyes.

I like to not think of people in the categorical sense. I am more into the dimensional approach. People are not binary. And you do not know motivations for which people make the posts that they do.

Perhaps, some of us are concerned about a society that allows another person to make criminal allegations against somebody in the widest possible public form, without the context or specifics to interpret this and to make a formal judgment. Where does it end? Judiciary systems were designed to protect. Bypassing them leads to something very dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 55,699 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Did we find out any more about whether they directly stated if it was a family member that made the racist remark or the courtisan?

Nothing yet..

And we won’t ever hear unless the person who allegedly passed the comment(s) admits it

No way Harry and Meghan would rat the person out. They’re far too dignified, and clever for that..

It wouldn’t surprise me if the person may not even know or remember...

Or maybe we could give Harry the benefit of the doubt, and maybe this comment was more than just innocent and innocuous..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Oh dear, are you a high-brow intellectual being forced to endure our dullard conversation against your will?

I bow to your superior knowledge. Well done you! You are simply marvellous!

Harvard crowd and Harvard style referencing are two different concepts. But I will not elaborate, as you surely know.

Now, perhaps I had a stressful day in work, and am tired. Perhaps this led to my erroneous link on my post? But no, I am an idiot.

And all of us who suggest that Meghan is less than perfect are idiots in your eyes.

I like to not think of people in the categorical sense. I am more into the dimensional approach. People are not binary. And you do not know motivations for which people make the posts that they do.

Perhaps, some of us are concerned about a society that allows another person to make criminal allegations against somebody in the widest possible public form, without the context or specifics to interpret this and to make a formal judgment. Where does it end? Judiciary systems were designed to protect. Bypassing them leads to something very dangerous

Personally I would like a World when scumbag tabloid are banned. Maybe people should get on with living their own lives without trying to live their life through strangers

Go on, tell us the criminal allegations?

Maybe people should get on with living their own lives without trying to live their life through strangers

Now, surely someone with your keen mental prowess has heard of irony?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Interesting..

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/news/it-was-utter-tripe-caroline-devine-who-lives-in-the-former-home-of-earl-mountbatten-says-meghan-and-harrys-interview-left-a-lot-to-be-desired-40190601.html

“I would like to point out one unique (point) that no one picked up on,” she said, “and that is where Meghan stated: ‘The Institution took away my passport and my driving license.’ They have diplomatic immunity. They don’t need a passport or a driving licence.”

“They have drivers as security. They don’t even have to go through customs. That is why Meghan was able to bring back a planeload of very expensive gifts from her shower in New York.“

Personally I would like a World when scumbag tabloid are banned. Maybe people should get on with living their own lives without trying to live their life through strangers

Go on, tell us the criminal allegations? this will be good

Well, my friend, life is hard. Not everybody wants to come home after a stressful 14 hour day in the office to read Trotsky or Chaucer. Far be it for me to define what entertainment people should subscribe to. If somebody wants to read tabloid for light relief, then be my guest. An old friend tried to look down on me for reading Dan Brown. He said that it was beneath my usual standard. You remind me of him. Reading tabloids, or Dan Brown does not make me your intellectual inferior. Nor do I think of anybody as inferior for this reason. Another dear friend with a super high H-index reads the Sun. I will let him know how much of an idiot they are.

Racism is a criminal accusation. But I am sure that you know that already

Interesting..

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/news/it-was-utter-tripe-caroline-devine-who-lives-in-the-former-home-of-earl-mountbatten-says-meghan-and-harrys-interview-left-a-lot-to-be-desired-40190601.html

“I would like to point out one unique (point) that no one picked up on,” she said, “and that is where Meghan stated: ‘The Institution took away my passport and my driving license.’ They have diplomatic immunity. They don’t need a passport or a driving licence.”

“They have drivers as security. They don’t even have to go through customs. That is why Meghan was able to bring back a planeload of very expensive gifts from her shower in New York.“

Did she make any comments when Andrew was going around raping girls? or she only have an issue with Megan?

Well, my friend, life is hard. Not everybody wants to come home after a stressful 14 hour day in the office to read Trotsky or Chaucer. Far be it for me to define what entertainment people should subscribe to. If somebody wants to read tabloid for light relief, then be my guest. An old friend tried to look down on me for reading Dan Brown. He said that it was beneath my usual standard. You remind me of him. Reading tabloids, or Dan Brown does not make me your intellectual inferior. Nor do I think of anybody as inferior for this reason. Another dear friend with a super high H-index reads the Sun. I will let him know how much of an idiot they are.

Racism is a criminal accusation. But I am sure that you know that already

Sure look at me, 2 days arguing here and on the feminism thread because I can't do normal things! :D

• Advertisement

Sure look at me, 2 days arguing here and on the feminism thread because I can't do normal things! :D

Life is lonely in lockdown. People come on here for a bit of banter and social-connection. I know that’s why I am here. Nobody should judge us for that!

Advertisement