Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

sebdavis wrote: »
    Did she make any comments when Andrew was going around raping girls? or she only have an issue with Megan?

I don’t know? Ask her maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

BettyS wrote: »
    Well, my friend, life is hard. Not everybody wants to come home after a stressful 14 hour day in the office to read Trotsky or Chaucer. Far be it for me to define what entertainment people should subscribe to. If somebody wants to read tabloid for light relief, then be my guest. An old friend tried to look down on me for reading Dan Brown. He said that it was beneath my usual standard. You remind me of him. Reading tabloids, or Dan Brown does not make me your intellectual inferior. Nor do I think of anybody as inferior for this reason. Another dear friend with a super high H-index reads the Sun. I will let him know how much of an idiot they are.

Racism is a criminal accusation. But I am sure that you know that already

Which of the Dan Brown books was your favourite?

P.S. I 100% believe everything in that post, actually 150%.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,695 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Interesting..

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/news/it-was-utter-tripe-caroline-devine-who-lives-in-the-former-home-of-earl-mountbatten-says-meghan-and-harrys-interview-left-a-lot-to-be-desired-40190601.html

“I would like to point out one unique (point) that no one picked up on,” she said, “and that is where Meghan stated: ‘The Institution took away my passport and my driving license.’ They have diplomatic immunity. They don’t need a passport or a driving licence.”

“They have drivers as security. They don’t even have to go through customs. That is why Meghan was able to bring back a planeload of very expensive gifts from her shower in New York.“

I read that earlier

Nail on the head if ever!!!

To my half educated common sense person, utter tripe is exactly what it was..

I don’t know? Ask her maybe?

So it in fact wasn't very interesting. Seemingly this women has no problem with a man raping girls but has an issue because Megan had a baby shower. Kind of f**ked up attitude do you not think?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Life is lonely in lockdown. People come on here for a bit of banter and social-connection. I know that’s why I am here. Nobody should judge us for that!

Boring as hell after a year of it too!

• Advertisement

So it in fact wasn't very interesting. Seemingly this women has no problem with a man raping girls but has an issue because Megan had a baby shower. Kind of f**ked up attitude do you not think?

I’m sorry I’m not “au fait” with her back catalogue of opinions save for that article that just appeared on google home screen. You have a very strange and confrontational posting style. Most of us are just here shooting the breeze and having a chat. You should probably put some on ignore if you can’t handle opposing views. You seem to let a lot of what’s being said get under your skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Which of the Dan Brown books was your favourite?

P.S. I 100% believe everything in that post, actually 150%.

The Professor doesn’t even know perCENTages.

I am not going to come onto Boards and lie to a bunch of strangers for God knows what reason. My sadness has not reached that depth.

I found that Angels and Demons was the best written book. It make me question the veracity of “truths” that we have been fed over the millennia. I think that the whole book tied together beautifully at the end. I really didn’t see the head of CERN as being the hero of the book. Inferno also dealt very well with the topic of over-population and it was cool how he speculated the leaps of CRISPR. Da Vinci code was a bit pedantic and laboured in its descriptions

We can't speak for the woman in the article, but if you read through the thread, and apply all your superior critical thinking skills, you shall discover that whenever Andrew was mentioned he was vilified, and surprise expressed that the allegations and his interview didn't have greater repercussions.

I used to love asking colleagues what they were doing for the weekend. No point now. Hanging out on boards is as close to a barstool conversation as we will get

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Interesting..

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/news/it-was-utter-tripe-caroline-devine-who-lives-in-the-former-home-of-earl-mountbatten-says-meghan-and-harrys-interview-left-a-lot-to-be-desired-40190601.html

“I would like to point out one unique (point) that no one picked up on,” she said, “and that is where Meghan stated: ‘The Institution took away my passport and my driving license.’ They have diplomatic immunity. They don’t need a passport or a driving licence.”

“They have drivers as security. They don’t even have to go through customs. That is why Meghan was able to bring back a planeload of very expensive gifts from her shower in New York.“

Maybe M was riled about having to hand over those documents to get her immunity?
    I wouldn't get bogged down in that detail, it sounded petty, not like she was been kept in England under duress.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

We can't speak for the woman in the article, but if you read through the thread, and apply all your superior critical thinking skills, you shall discover that whenever Andrew was mentioned he was vilified, and surprise expressed that the allegations and his interview didn't have greater repercussions.

I think you will find a number of posters have defended Andrew on this thread, not once but numerous times.

Maybe M was riled about having to hand over those documents to get her immunity?
    I wouldn't get bogged down in that detail, it sounded petty, not like she was been kept in England under duress.

A modern day Rapunzel?

That’s what she made it sound like. Like she was being held hostage. Ridiculous

I think you will find a number of posters have defended Andrew on this thread, not once but numerous times.

Genuinely asking, seriously? Can you share these quotes? I find it really shocking to think that people would defend Andrew?

Well then you'll have no problem linking the posts for my perusal.

Genuinely asking, seriously? Can you share these quotes? I find it really shocking to think that people would defend Andrew?

Snap! :p

Snap! :p

Great minds or fools! Take your pick! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Boring? Never bored .. how can you be bored in a wonderful world like this! Never ever bored; far too busy …. in permanent "lockdown " here. Not enough hours in the day

Graces7 wrote: »
    Boring? Never bored .. how can you be bored in a wonderful world like this! Never ever bored; far too busy …. in permanent "lockdown " here. Not enough hours in the day

This is the only non-work conversation that I have had all day, apart from with my mother and best-friend over the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Who is caroline devine??? And why do we care that she normally doesn't turn on her tv?

From what I can google find...her partner who is now dead bought the castle/house she lives in off Mountbatten who could no longer afford it's upkeep 40 odd years ago. (She can no longer look at the atlantic where Mountbattens boat was blown up.... suggestion 1. Sell the gaff to someone who will appreciate the view...suggestion 2 it's over 40 years ago,you were not related to the person maybe have a chat with a professional to get some coping mechanisms.... suggestion 3 totally un pc get over your feckin self!

Charles did a whistle top tour visited the castle when he was in Ireland .....

Is she now claiming to know all the royals intimately?

It also states chelsy has never met meghan...yet she was at the wedding.....now if my hubby invited his exes to our wedding I'd definitely be saying hello! ........sorry it's been pointed out I misread the article.

It's Caroline herself who has never met Meghan, and doesn't have a nice word to say about her either.

Regarding passport and licence.... probably security reasons...but I think it's another level of freedom gone.... ok she has a driver ,but that requires abit of logistics ...she can't do a "nicole" and grab her keys and take off in her renault clio :) *

I think if you are already feeling trapped these are extra reinforcements.

* Keeping with the 90's adds references

• Advertisement

Have I missed the supportive posts for Andrew?

Who is caroline devine??? And why do we care that she normally doesn't turn on her tv?

From what I can google find...her partner who is now dead bought the castle/house she lives in off Mountbatten who could no longer afford it's upkeep 40 odd years ago. (She can no longer look at the atlantic where Mountbattens boat was blown up.... suggestion 1. Sell the gaff to someone who will appreciate the view...suggestion 2 it's over 40 years ago,you were not related to the person maybe have a chat with a professional to get some coping mechanisms.... suggestion 3 totally un pc get over your feckin self!

Charles did a whistle top tour visited the castle when he was in Ireland .....

Is she now claiming to know all the royals intimately?

It also states chelsy has never met meghan...yet she was at the wedding.....now if my hubby invited his exes to our wedding I'd definitely be saying hello!

Regarding passport and licence.... probably security reasons...but I think it's another level of freedom gone.... ok she has a driver ,but that requires abit of logistics ...she can't do a "nicole" and grab her keys and take off in her renault clio :) *

I think if you are already feeling trapped these are extra reinforcements.

* Keeping with the 90's adds references

No it doesn’t? It says that Chelsy is still close to Kate and William and that Caroline has never met Meghan. I linked it because she explained why Meghan’s licence and passport would have been put away and that’s due to having diplomatic immunity and not needing them, and not for whatever other paranoid reasons that Meghan might think.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Have I missed the supportive posts for Andrew?

No one seriously supports him here.....right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

No it doesn’t? It says that Chelsy is still close to Kate and William and that Caroline has never met Meghan. I linked it because she explained why Meghan’s licence and passport would have been put away and that’s due to having diplomatic immunity and not needing them, and not for whatever other paranoid reasons that Meghan might think.

Sorry I misread.

Well we all kinda knew the reasons behind the passport and driver's licence but Meghan was describing how under control her life was.

I also don't get the nasty comments about the babyshower gifts.....they were gifts for her and the baby, probably some fairly personalized thoughtful gifts too.

They had already asked for wedding gifts to go to charity, so what's the harm accepting gifts for your baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

So why Meghan or Harry had issues with a prince title for Archie and didn't bring a man raping girls issue then. Kind of f**ked up attitude do you not think?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

JoChervil wrote: »
    So why Meghan or Harry had issues with a prince title for Archie and didn't bring a man raping girls issue then. Kind of f**ked up attitude do you not think?

I rolled my eyes when Oprah said that there was no subject out of bounds.
    As if, Oprah wasn't warned before not to dare mention The Grand Ole Duke of York.

To thine own self be true

beakerjoe wrote: »
    No one seriously supports him here.....right?

Not to the best of my knowledge, but another poster has claimed he has a fan club here so we're waiting on the evidence.

I think we'll be left waiting though.

cnocbui wrote: »
    No support there and that poster was questioning how having sex with a 17 year old makes someone a paedophile. 17 is the age of consent.

I pointed that out, but also said there was a power imbalance and no evidence to suggest she consented.

It beggars belief that this was all just dropped, Andrew allowed to fade into the background and that his interview wasn't the one to bring down the monarchy.

• Advertisement

Very good rebuttal here by The Daily Mail.

(Content Warning: may not be scholarly enough for some)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9356741/Harry-Meghan-inconvenient-truth.html

Advertisement