Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,803 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Didn't watch the interview, and tried to avoid the news all day as it was full of this nonsense. But just wondering:

Why are people apparently so triggered by a couple they don't know, have never met and will never affect their lives in any way. Good Lord, people are even talking about the Duke and Duchess as if they know them - Please!

And why with all the brouhaha about the Sussexes, is not one word uttered about the Duke of York who's alleged to have done FAR worse?

It’s lockdown and there’s nothing to do - we are bored lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I think thats what he wants.

Yeah well perhaps you are right, but if so, that's a crazy attitude. A naive one at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

rtron wrote: »
    Oprah is always interviewing liars.
    Remember MJ...

Watched that recently.
    He lied about only having two plastic surgeries.
    Everything else checked out though

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Zaney

Did they get paid for the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

Good question. I'm not sure if you are looking at the interview, but they are actually insinuating that the Royals should have provided them with security even though they walked away from the Royal family.

I am. Neither of them are coming across well. If they wanted to stay part time royals, then why move to America?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Your granny isn’t too happy tonight chief

Dont know if i've ever seen a man throw his family under the bus to this extent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,803 ✭✭✭YellowLead

At least Harry seems to come across as genuine even if half of what he is saying is silly. He just seems lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Deeec wrote: »
    Their marriage is doomed. Harry made a huge mistake marrying this fake lady.

I think you're insane, I never really took to her before but am seriously impressed. She is intelligent and fierce and exactly what this lad needs. He is quite passive and sensitive, she is not to be messed with.

Yeah she's real fake what are you on about? To go into the Royal Family and say nothing about how abusive and controlling they are because you want to be a wee princess or duchess of whatever is way more fake. How many women would go into that situation and tell the royal family were taking off and not raising our child amongst yous? Only someone who has a very strong spirit.

The only reason people on here seem to not like her is the American accent. Lots of Irish people just have a chip on their shoulder about Americans while they inexplicably love the 'devil they know' ie: the country that abused and humiliated them for decades on decades.

And I'm guessing those who are supporting the Royal Side are the same ones who still support the Catholic church blindly despite their horrific abuse as well. The older generations in Ireland are totally brainwashed.

Harry and Meghan seem lovely and warm and the Royal Family do not seem that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Zaney

I am. Neither of them are coming across well. If they wanted to stay part time royals, then why move to America?

Definitely not coming across well. We won’t do the job anymore, but we want the titles and security.
    Pay for us to sit back and do what we want.

If course their security was taken away when they moved to Canada.

The British Police provide close protection for the Royal family, now did they really think that British Police were going to send police over and back to Canada to protect them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Surprised to see so many defending the family here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

NIMAN wrote: »
    "We wanted to get away from it all"

Netflix, "we'll give you 100mill for a fly on the wall series".

"Where do we sign".

Ca-ching

Too much racism in Britain, let's move to , wait for it, America!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Staggering disloyalty

Can we all agree that both disliking the Royal family and what they stand for, and also calling this farce out for what it is, are not mutually exclusive?? You can do both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

A frequent hallmark of an abuse relationship is ostracising your victim from their family

Ala Charles?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Zaney wrote: »

Megan said no

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Zaney wrote: »

No

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Not believing this crock of sh1t is not the same as being a royalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

If he thinks his granny is bad, he's lucky he didn't grow up in Tudor times.

Himself and Meghan would have surely been beheaded by now for treason.

YellowLead wrote: »
    At least Harry seems to come across as genuine even if half of what he is saying is silly. He just seems lost.

I think they deserve each other..... two spoilt pampered egotists that have no idea how easy they have it/ how the other half live...all in all this is a painful interview....scripted and tutored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

I hope his marriage will work out as he seems to have burned his bridges with his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I thought they had decades of proving they could do that perfectly well themselves, before he came along. Perhaps you are young.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Not believing this crock of sh1t is not the same as being a royalist.

But believing the tabloids is the correct way? And clearly the truth.. ah yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

I hope his marriage will work out as he seems to have burned his bridges with his family.

Burning bridges with that “family” should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

YellowLead wrote: »
    Just noticed the typical English teeth on him - wonder how long before he gets a Hollywood smile

She will have shades, gold chains, and have him rapping like a gangsta before the week is out!

When did Meghan ever bedazzle anyone? She isnt married 3 years and we are already sick of the sight of her. Your not lady Di love, and you never will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think you're insane, I never really took to her before but am seriously impressed. She is intelligent and fierce and exactly what this lad needs. He is quite passive and sensitive, she is not to be messed with.

Yeah she's real fake what are you on about? To go into the Royal Family and say nothing about how abusive and controlling they are because you want to be a wee princess or duchess of whatever is way more fake. How many women would go into that situation and tell the royal family were taking off and not raising our child amongst yous? Only someone who has a very strong spirit.

The only reason people on here seem to not like her is the American accent. Lots of Irish people just have a chip on their shoulder about Americans while they inexplicably love the 'devil they know' ie: the country that abused and humiliated them for decades on decades.

And I'm guessing those who are supporting the Royal Side are the same ones who still support the Catholic church blindly despite their horrific abuse as well. The older generations in Ireland are totally brainwashed.

Harry and Meghan seem lovely and warm and the Royal Family do not seem that way.

So you think she should have been free to waltz into the RF to do as she saw fit?

It’s the RF, not some council estate clan

Centuries of duty, service, protocol, rules...

Wtf did she expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

ww73ahgsbvl61.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

An yes, the great family that allowed his mother to be hounded to her death and then forced him to walk behind her coffin in front of the world so they could make themselves look human. If that was my family, I'd have fücked them under the bus long before now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

bennyl10 wrote: »
    But believing the tabloids is the correct way? And clearly the truth.. ah yes.

Oh God no...Jeez, anyone believing the tabloids needs a serious look in the mirror.

I can't speak for anyone else but, as I said earlier, I've no time for either The Royals or Meghan Markle.

Advertisement