Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Very good rebuttal here by The Daily Mail.

(Content Warning: may not be scholarly enough for some)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9356741/Harry-Meghan-inconvenient-truth.html

Is Piers Morgan connected to the Daily Fail, sorry Mail?

No support there and that poster was questioning how having sex with a 17 year old makes someone a paedophile. 17 is the age of consent.

I pointed that out, but also said there was a power imbalance and no evidence to suggest she consented.

It beggars belief that this was all just dropped, Andrew allowed to fade into the background and that his interview wasn't the one to bring down the monarchy.

Were there not claims that Andrew did have sex with under age girls?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

No support there and that poster was questioning how having sex with a 17 year old makes someone a paedophile. 17 is the age of consent.

I pointed that out, but also said there was a power imbalance and no evidence to suggest she consented.

It beggars belief that this was all just dropped, Andrew allowed to fade into the background and that his interview wasn't the one to bring down the monarchy.

You are defending someone who was defending Andrew. I posted a link after those comments pointing out Andrew is also alleged to have had sex with another of Epstein's victims who was 16. You and you mate can continue to pretend you are deeply concerned by the technical meaning of 'pedophile' but really it's defending Andrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

anewme wrote: »

There might have been, the woman in the photo was 17 at the time, but it was acknowledged that there were younger girls brought to the island. So chances are yes, he did.

It was allowed fade away though and that's a bigger issue. Disgraceful that it was all swept under the carpet.

No proof it happened, but no one on this thread defended him.

cnocbui wrote: »
    You are defending someone who was defending Andrew. I posted a link after those comments pointing out Andrew is also alleged to have had sex with another of Epstein's victims who was 16. You and you mate can continue to pretend you are deeply concerned by the technical meaning of 'pedophile' but really it's defending Andrew.

Yes, I was sure I spotted the post, so am glad I'm not imagining it. Andrew is alleged to have had sex with 16 year olds and that was passed over.

• Advertisement

No, read my last post. It should have been investigated properly and I've no idea how it was ignored.

There might have been, the woman in the photo was 17 at the time, but it was acknowledged that there were younger girls brought to the island. So chances are yes, he did.

It was allowed fade away though and that's a bigger issue. Disgraceful that it was all swept under the carpet.

No, the poster here put up the link to under age.

No, the poster here put up the link to under age.

Just now? I answered that.

Yes.
    The British socialite is accused of sexually assaulting Annie farmer, then just 16, at Jeffrey Epstein's New Mexico ranch, while paedophile watched
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-andrew-pal-ghislaine-maxwell-21776234

Apologies then if that was posted earlier, I missed it. I did acknowledge that there had been allegations a few minutes ago and it's clear I didn't defend Andrew and that I thought it should have been properly investigated.

• Advertisement

Just now? I answered that.

No, not just now, the poster says they put the link up previously (and I recall it hence the question) re underage girls, but it seems to have been ignored in favour of supporting Andrew on a technicality.

No you did not, the poster says they put the link up previously (and I recall it hence the question) re underage girls, but it seems to have been ignored in favour of supporting Andrew on a technicality.

See the post above yours.

And this too.

And this too.

But you posted that today?

After having twice or more badgered posters into...where is the support for Andrew, and you missed the post where it referenced underage girls.

It reads 100 percent defending Andrew on a technicality and can totally see why the other posters are saying that.

But you posted that today?

After having twice badgered posters into...where is the support for Andrew, and you missed the post where it referenced underage girls.

It reads 100 percent defending Andrew on a technicality and can totally see why the other posters are saying that.

I missed the post where that linked was included first time round.

I answered you earlier and acknowledged that there were allegations and it was likely he had had sex with underage girls.

Read back over the last page, or search my posts. I didn't defend Andrew on a technicality, and several times I have stated it should have been investigated properly, and that it should have brought down the monarchy. Not just today either in case you try to suggest I'm backpedalling.

If that suggests I defended him I'm not going to be able to explain it any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: sebdavis, threadbanned for a seemingly unending list of disingenuous posting. Continue this style of posting elsewhere, and it will quickly result in a forum ban.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭BensMixed

Imagine having to see Andrew every day walking around where you live and be expected to have pleasant conversations with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

No, not just now, the poster says they put the link up previously (and I recall it hence the question) re underage girls, but it seems to have been ignored in favour of supporting Andrew on a technicality.

A technicality, as in it was someone else altogether?

The age of consent in England is 16, just an aside.
    I don't know What it was on that island.
    I don't know what Andrew has to do with this, maybe someone should start a thread about him?

Anyway, supposedly over 50million people have watched the Oprah interview.
    Trying to keep the media out? Why not make yourselves the most watched and talked about people in the western world

#rolleyes#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,695 ✭✭✭✭walshb

bubblypop wrote: »
    I don't know what Andrew has to do with this, maybe someone should start a thread about him?

Trying to keep the media out? Why not make yourselves the most watched and talked about people in the western world

#rolleyes#

The constant deflecting to Prince Andrew is a nonsense

The man has been charged with no crime..alleged to have slept with a 17 year old. And people jumping on this labelling him a child rapist and paedophile.

The thread is about Harry and Meghan..

There is difference between opening your house to visiters once or twice a year when it suits you vs a hoard of them letting themselves in every sigle day and having a good look in your bedroom, kitchen, then leaving.

The Daily Mail operates under a model of invading celebrities privacy under a guise of 'free press' and public interest, without pause - 24/7/365. In the case of Meghan, it would seem all, or most of those 'sources' they were quoting to pillory Meghan and Harry were likely the RF staff, and advisers, who I believe had a deal with the press to give them some sacrificial lambs in return for the press staying off certain people and subjects.

walshb wrote: »
    The constant deflecting to Prince Andrew is a nonsense

The man has been charged with no crime..alleged to have slept with a 17 year old. And people jumping on this labelling him a child rapist and paedophile.

The thread is about Harry and Meghan..

Which includes discussing things like comparable treatment of other royals by the gutter press. You don't get to gate-keep the discussion.

Which includes discussing things like comparable treatment of other royals by the gutter press. You don't get to gate-keep the discussion.

Andrew was vilified by the press....

Let’s not make out that he got some easy ride with the press!

bubblypop wrote: »

#rolleyes#

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Many of the girls Epstein had about the place were under 16 and from east european countries and other non-English speaking places. Epstein even joked these girls couldn't engage in conversation which made them even better. So had randy Andy had sex with any of these girls, he would be considered a pedophile in most jurisdictions. The language aspect is massive hurdle to our ever hearing from these girls and is great protection for all who abused them.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Did any of the Meghan supporters read the DailyMail article? Thoughts on it?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Many of the girls Epstein had about the place were under 16 and from east european countries and other non-English speaking places. Epstein even joked these girls couldn't engage in conversation which made them even better. So had randy Andy had sex with any of these girls, he would be considered a pedophile in most jurisdictions. The language aspect is massive hurdle to our ever hearing from these girls and is great protection for all who abused them.

I am sickened by Andrew. Are there allegations that he has sex with an under-16s? I don’t recall such claims?

BettyS wrote: »
    Did any of the Meghan supporters read the DailyMail article? Thoughts on it?

I asked what was the connection between Piers Morgan and the Daily Mail?

I asked what was the connection between Piers Morgan and the Daily Mail?

No connection? He occasionally is a guest-writer. He certainly didn’t write the rebuttal. Its tone is dispassionate

The article refutes several of Harry and Meghan’s claims

• Advertisement

BettyS wrote: »
    I am sickened by Andrew. Are there allegations that he has sex with an under-16s? I don’t recall such claims?

Does it even matter?

People will run with the paedophile/child rapist angle here no matter what age...

Desperately searching for reports that maybe there are “allegations” that he slept with very young girls..

Nobody is saying Andrew is a saint, but folks here want to slap these horrendous labels on him as fact, when not a single crime/charge has been levied against him.

Advertisement