Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

God I hate the word Gaslighting..... or virtue signalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

It will be interesting to see what happens if Philip passes away. Will Harry and Meghan come to the funeral? How will it be received?

When you throw an A-bomb at your family, these things need to be considered

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

BettyS wrote: »
    But it is hard for people who are struggling with their mortgage repayments on the PUP, or with young loved-ones on long waiting lists, or with people with loved-ones in hospital, and no hope of seeing them with COVID, or with people who have not had the money to go on a holiday for several years to feel their pain? Yes, everything has a cost.

But it is like that ghastly show where the rich and poor people swap lives for a week or two. For the rich people, it is a novelty to live quaintly for the time. For the poor people, it is a stark reminder of an aspirational life that they will never have.

Money buys freedom. I cannot jack in my job, because I have family to support and a house to pay for. I find my job very stressful. Many of us are just living in the cage

But nor is that a reason to vilified or negate someone's struggle just because they had money.
    You couldn't pay me enough money to live that life, I feel claustrophobic just thinking about it, I'd rather struggle any day.
    Money buys a type of freedom not necessarily true freedom.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    God I hate the word Gaslighting..... or virtue signalling.

I also hate when they use the terms incorrectly. The meanings are quite specific.

I remember a colleague used to use these absurdly pedantic words incorrectly. He thought that by using all these obtuse words that he would sound smart. And yet, the word was incorrect in that context.

If it is true, it is horrific. However, we need evidence before we can condemn the others for this. I can make any allegations I want against a person. But it needs to be substantiated

Harry did back her up and apparently sent emails so I suppose if needed they could have that as proof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It will be interesting to see what happens if Philip passes away. Will Harry and Meghan come to the funeral? How will it be received?

Also bear in mind the funerals of members of the RF are public events, full of pageantry and planned well in advance. The queen's funeral has been planned for years and has the code "London Bridge".

Given that we're living through a pandemic, and Philip is ill and elderly, it's likely that his funeral arrangements are, or have been, amended. Can M & S arrive back from Canada and avoid quarantine? Would protcol allow them to take a place beside senior royals at the funeral as if they didn't step away?

I doubt it, but have a feeling they'll publicly rail against the injustice and claim it was racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yep..

It’s a Sh1t show for Harry and Meghan..

The only damage they have done is to their own names/reputation

RF is a lifetime and more or service, duty and protocols..

The RF simply continue on their duty to the commonwealth...

Harry and Meghan? Kind of left to themselves to live a high profile in your face type life, for as long as Meghan wants, before Harry is ditched!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

You are showing bias yourself by not reading it or accepting any rebuttals because of not liking someone who they employ. Your posts smack of hypocrisy.

Their articles have been exposed as fake and false many times.

The straight outa Compton article is widely regarded as racist, sexist and completely biased.

They have content control over their articles and are responsible for them.

So, no, it's not hypocritical for me to say I dont support fake news.

It's more hypocritical to say you dont believe someones own words, but put faith in a publication that has demonstrated its bias time and time again.

I also hate when they use the terms incorrectly. The meanings are quite specific.

I remember a colleague used to use these absurdly pedantic words incorrectly. He thought that by using all these obtuse words that he would sound smart. And yet, the word was incorrect in that context.

Who is they?

Ms2011 wrote: »
    But nor is that a reason to vilified or negate someone's struggle just because they had money.
    You couldn't pay me enough money to live that life, I feel claustrophobic just thinking about it, I'd rather struggle any day.
    Money buys a type of freedom not necessarily true freedom.

The ultimate freedom is good health. Money helps to maintain this.

Harry has 2 A-levels. He had a flaky professional life. He was free to walk away from his role as royal and to make £100 million in a few months. He is now free to do whatever he wishes, in the context of extreme wealth.

Money is not a panacea to all life’s problems. But it is naive to thing that it does not help. People get sick over worry of lack of money.

I think that Harry and Meghan have more freedom than most. It is my opinion. Freedom is relative. Yes, their perception of freedom may vary. But somebody who is in a slum, without education or money, with awful health is less free than me. I, who have to make a certain amount of money to pay for my house and family every month and whose life needs to centre around my job to ensure this happens am less free than a Prince who can now do anything he wants to, and not have to worry about money. Can you honestly say that we are all equally in the same cage?

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    Who is they?

People in general

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The straight outa Compton article is widely regarded as racist, sexist and completely biased.

It's more hypocritical to say you dont believe someones own words, but put faith in a publication that has demonstrated its bias time and time again.

Some of Meghan and Harry’s claims have been proven to be at most exaggerated and at the very worst outright lies. For example the wedding. Yet you seem to scoop up everything they say and take as verbatim. Do you see how we could do this all day?

Your posts show every bit as much bias as those who you seem to think you’re better than because you avoid The Daily Mail

Has every single one of their articles been empirically disproven? Or is this your opinion?

The ultimate freedom is good health. Money helps to maintain this.

Harry has 2 A-levels. He had a flaky professional life. He was free to walk away from his role as royal and to make £100 million in a few months. He is now free to do whatever he wishes, in the context of extreme wealth.

Money is not a panacea to all life’s problems. But it is naive to thing that it does not help. People get sick over worry of lack of money.

I think that Harry and Meghan have more freedom than most. It is my opinion. Freedom is relative. Yes, their perception of freedom may vary. But somebody who is in a slum, without education or money, with awful health is less free than me. I, who have to make a certain amount of money to pay for my house and family every month and whose life needs to centre around my job to ensure this happens am less free than a Prince who can now do anything he wants to, and not have to worry about money. Can you honestly say that we are all equally in the same cage?

As someone with a chronic life long health condition I can completely relate to how money would be beneficial in that area, but I'd rather deal with it as I am than live in that kind of fish bowl.
    I don't think Meghan and Harry have less problems than the average person, they just have different problems.

And they made a formal complaint to Ofcom about anewme’s pal. They are not afraid to speak out!

Ahh would you ever stop!

They are not afraid to speak out.

They were 100 percent exposesd by Alex Beresford on GMB and are now scrambling.

As someone with a chronic life long health condition I can completely relate to how money would be beneficial in that area, but I'd rather deal with it as I am than live in that kind of fish bowl.
    I don't think Meghan and Harry have less problems than the average person, they just have different problems.

But going on Oprah and Spotify are not going to help the fish bowl element.

I am really sorry that you have chronic health problems.

Ahh would you ever stop!

Exposed in what way?

Some of Meghan and Harry’s claims have been proven to be at most exaggerated and at the very worst outright lies. For example the wedding. Yet you seem to scoop up everything they say and take as verbatim. Do you see how we could do this all day?

Your posts show every bit as much bias as those who you seem to think you’re better than because you avoid The Daily Mail

It's nothing to do with thinking I'm better than anyone.

Recognising and acknowledging fake news and bias is very different than what you are alleging.

Given the Mails track record in truth , that's more a common sense approach

Recognising and acknowledging fake news and bias is very different than what you are alleging.

Harry and Meghan have also not been truthful. But that’s okay because they’re not Piers Morgan.

Common sense? You need to empirically prove your hypothesis

• Advertisement

Ahh would you ever stop!

She meant Harry and Meghan are not afraid to speak out. They are who complained to OfCom.

Ahh would you ever stop!

Her post meant that H & M are not afraid to speak out.

Piers incidentally has another gig line up in a new tabloid style TV programme apparently. It's almost like he orchastrated his walk out to garner publicity for this ...

But going on Oprah and Spotify are not going to help the fish bowl element.

No true, but I think they'd reached a point where enough was enough and I can completely relate to that.
    They were damned if they did and they were damned if they didn't so why not at least try get there side across.

No true, but I think they'd reached a point where enough was enough and I can completely relate to that.
    They were damned if they did and they were damned if they didn't so why not at least try get there side across.

I hear you. But every action has its consequences. And Harry’s alienation from his family is the price

Her post meant that H & M are not afraid to speak out.

Piers incidentally has another gig line up in a new tabloid style TV programme apparently. It's almost like he orchastrated his walk out to garner publicity for this ...

How many people filled in the petition in favour of him at this point?

How many people filled in the petition in favour of him at this point?

I think it was at over 200000 the last time I saw it referenced.

I hear you. But every action has its consequences. And Harry’s alienation from his family is the price

And that is sad, for all her faults I believe the queen loves Harry deeply and him her, there are no winners in the situation.

I think it was at over 200000 the last time I saw it referenced.

I think those people see it as an attack on free speech and they worry about what people will and will not be allowed to say in the future

I think those people see it as an attack on free speech and they worry about what people will and will not be allowed to say in the future

And I'm sure some people like him too. Being so polarising keeps him in the news.

• Advertisement

She meant Harry and Meghan are not afraid to speak out. They are who complained to OfCom.

Sorry my bad.

I knew Meghan had, I thought DM were an about turn.

Advertisement