Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I believe she said he told her to stay at home because she wasn't up to it, she said she couldn't be alone so got dressed up and went. Looking at the photos of the event all they can now see are their white knuckles from gripping each other's hand.

It just seems so exaggerated and false. If she was suicidal Harry should have brought her to hospital, for her own safety and that of their unborn baby.

Weird that he told her to stay at home and was still intent on going after being told she was suicidal. I would have cleared my calendar and did everything within my power to help her. And baffling that she can’t see he let her down too, massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Harry in the end did one better than make a phonecall, he took matters into his own hands and took his wife out of the situation.

Ok, he took her out of it

So why are they seemingly on this vendetta campaign to diss the family and carry on like they are?

They wanted out. They’re out. So why are they still on the attack against the RF, that they know won’t respond/defend?

Was getting out not enough for them? They should also start lobbing accusations and telling tales to paint the whole institution in a bad light?

Their stories snd tales don’t at all add up. Just a load of utter waffle and unsubstantiated claims..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

walshb wrote: »
    They do NOT get into petty back and forth with tabloids and speculation and he said she said..

Yeah they just stand by instead and say nothing while the media publish whatever they like about certain family members. How noble of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Weird that he told her to stay at home and was still intent on going after being told she was suicidal. I would have cleared my calendar and did everything within my power to help her. And baffling that she can’t see he let her down too, massively.

And another point - Meghan said she cried throughout the performance. Yet there isn't one tabloid photo of her leaving looking visibly distressed, tear-streaked and her makeup ruined.

Surely there would be one and it would have been used to create a sensational headline?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

When she was suicidal though he brought her to a royal engagement.

Can you not see the issue others have with that?

My nephew dropped dead at home last August the day before my son's Communion, I had to go to the Communion for my son's sake and put on a brave face and smile at other parents and compliment their children's clothes even though I was dying inside and I did it all on autopilot.
    People can pull strength for places they don't even know they have until they have to use it.

• Advertisement

Yeah they just stand by instead and say nothing while the media publish whatever they like about certain family members. How noble of them.

You obviously have no idea on how they operate.

It’s like you expect them to get involved in trashy tit for tat gossip with tabloids..

At least concede that you understand that they don’t do this..

Whether you agree with them not doing it it irrelevant. They don’t do it. Never have..

Harry was born and raised in an institution, he was very much institutionalised. Meghan might not have been in the right frame of mind to be thinking straight. They went to the people they thought would help but (if claims are to be believed) help was denied.
    Harry in the end did one better than make a phonecall, he took matters into his own hands and took his wife out of the situation.

Took her out of what situation though?
    The issue was things in the press about her, has he stopped that? Or have they both now made it worse?

Ok, he took her out of it

So why are they seemingly on this vendetta campaign to diss the family and carry on like they are?

They wanted out. They’re out. So why are they still on the attack against the RF, that they know won’t respond/defend?

Was getting out not enough for them? They should also start lobbing accusations and telling tales to paint the whole institution in a bad light?

Their stories snd tales don’t at all add up. Just a load of utter waffle and unsubstantiated claims..

For your side of the fence you see it as attack from mine I see it as defence.

It’s like you expect them to get involved in trashy tit for tat gossip with tabloids..

Nope but I would have expected them to defend a member of the family when he was compared to a monkey by a member of the media.

For your side of the fence you see it as attack from mine I see it as defence.

Defending against who?

The media?

Or the RF?

Did the RF attack them or something in the media? I never saw this..

So, what was the interview...a defence against the RF, or a defence against the media, and in defending g against the media they slated the RF..

• Advertisement

My nephew dropped dead at home last August the day before my son's Communion, I had to go to the Communion for my son's sake and put on a brave face and smile at other parents and compliment their children's clothes even though I was dying inside and I did it all on autopilot.
    People can pull strength for places they don't even know they have until they have to use it.
    That's a family occasion though, not work.

I'm sorry for you loss though.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Took her out of what situation though?
    The issue was things in the press about her, has he stopped that? Or have they both now made it worse?

It was the British press for the most part that were the worst, being in America, away from the royal family has taken her away from that pressure cooker environment.

Nope but I would have expected them to defend a member of the family when he was compared to a monkey by a member of the media.

But they do not get into back and forth..

This has been pointed out...

Even when media publish things that may paint them poorly..

That's a family occasion though, not work.

I'm sorry for you loss though.

Family occasion/obligation is just splitting hairs, the sentiment is the same.

I appreciate your condolence.

Defending against who?

The media?

Or the RF?

Did the RF attack them or something in the media? I never saw this..

So, what was the interview...a defence against the RF, or a defence against the media, and in defending g against the media they slated the RF..

The media for the most part but as all of the negative stories about Meghan surrounded the royal family it would have been impossible to discuss them without discussing her time in the royal family.

Family occasion/obligation is just splitting hairs, it sentiment is the same.

I appreciate your condolence.

It's not, ensuring your son enjoyed his Communion day is different to going to work.

When your son is older he will appreciate how difficult that was for you and your family.

But they do not get into back and forth..

This has been pointed out...

Even when media publish things that may paint them poorly..

Racism is a lot worse than just painting them poorly.

It's not, ensuring your son enjoyed his Communion day is different to going to work.

When your son is older he will appreciate how difficult that was for you and your family.

Trust me it felt more like an obligation.

Of course it did, but surely you wouldn't have attended a work function in those circumstances?

You did it for your son, it shows you're a good parent.

It was the British press for the most part that were the worst, being in America, away from the royal family has taken her away from that pressure cooker environment.

So he has made it better then?
    You believe?

So what exactly is their issue with the Royal family then?

• Advertisement

Is that not all communion days! :)

Racism is a lot worse than just painting them poorly.

They don’t get into back and forth with tabloids...

bubblypop wrote: »
    So he has made it better then?
    You believe?

So what exactly is their issue with the Royal family then?

I think most of their issues surround Archie, title, protection, skin colour etc.

They don’t get into back and forth with tabloids...

The don't defend their members when they're attacked...

I think most of their issues surround Archie, title, protection, skin colour etc.

But these are things that have been explained and they should both already know.

He is entitled to be a Prince when his grandfather is king.
    Their protection is performed by British Police and paid for by British taxpayers, nothing to do with the Royal family.
    As for the skin colour issue, I have not been able to find out anywhere what the actual comment was, without that we have no idea of context. I can't imagine for one minute someone's family insulting their unborn baby.

The don't defend their members when they're attacked...

Yes. It works that way as well...

All easily explained..

So, they’re hanging on to this skin color comment, really?

A comment that has 0 context due to them engineering it that way..

So, you really have to scratch your head and ask them both: wtf is all this about, guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

How you can defend something completely ridicules? You would give it a weight, if you paid attention to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

What really bothers me is, that there are so many people here discussing mental health issues, how sensitive and important subject it is and I agree with it. And yet none of them criticises Harry for saying that he was ashamed. I think this one admission (from a mental health campaigner) heard by 50 million of people made much more damage that anything anyone can say here.

• Advertisement

JoChervil wrote: »
    What really bothers me is, that there are so many people here discussing mental health issues, how sensitive and important subject it is and I agree with it. And yet none of them criticises Harry for saying that he was ashamed. I think this one admission (from a mental health campaigner) heard by 50 million of people made much more damage that anything anyone can say here.

Disagree. Shame is a symptom of mental illness for a lot of people. It shouldn't be but it is. And he's not any more immune to it than anyone else. If anything, being honest about the shame does more good than bad.

Advertisement