Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wife: "I'm really struggling and afraid I'll harm myself or our baby".

Husband: "You should stay at home".

Wife: "I can't be alone right now".

Husband: "Better get dressed and put your slap on so".

Yeah, totally normal ...

Totally normal?

More like totally untrue..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It’s completely ridiculous when you think about it

Yep, and no one noticed she'd be crying all night either.

And god forbid people call bull on it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

bubblypop wrote: »
    I don't believe there is anything wrong with MM being estranged from some of her family. We can't all be from The Waltons!

Regarding the mental health story, from watching the interview, it appears her mental health issues were all because of bad press or perceived bad press about her.
    She expected the Royal family to do or say something about it.
    They don't, however, they rise above it.
    Why would she go to a senior royal for help, surely she would call a doctor herself, or her husband would? So, did she go to them to help with the press? Can't see any other reason.

And now, that's her complaint, they didn't 'protect ' her from the press. So she gives an interview about them.

Bad form on her part, very bad form. She needs to stop reading everything written about herself, stop looking at rubbish websites and get on with her life.

Hang on... this post is unbelievably judgey and short sighted. The woman had been through massive change in her life. Did you know what some of the top biggest stressors in life are? Among those are moving (and she moved entire country) leaving a job (she stepped back from her career in the middle of a successful show) she got engaged, then married, endured harassment and abuse/racism by the media which she says her friends and mother relayed parts of to her, endured slandering and selling her out by her own family losing her father in the process, joined a royal family, had a baby and talked about how she was isolated and not even allowed to go for lunch with her friends. She was told to lay low though she hadn't been out of the home for months.

You also have unrealistic expectations of what someone is capable of doing whilst in the midst of a mental health crisis. In which she tried to get help and was told no.

The only bad form I see here is a lack of compassion on some of these posts. It's very easy to gossip and judge these people, but they are real people too, and being held to impossible standards it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Where did Meggers and Hostage come?

They were about 10 points higher than Andrew

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    And god forbid people call bull on it...

Or call bull on the claim they got married and the big wedding was just a show for the plebs when they probably just meant they privately shared their vows.

And what has changed?
    Harry took his family away from the Royal family so they wouldn't be in the media so much. So Meghan wouldn't have to read stories about herself.

How's that working out, do you think? Has he succeeded?

That assessment just isn't true. They've been very clear on why the left, and also the difference between intrusion and normal privacy in their public life. They never said they wanted out of all media to live under a rock.

Apparently when Meghan told Harry she was worried she would harm herself and their unborn baby. They had a royal engagement that night so Harry suggested she stay at home. She said she couldn't be alone so off they went.

Do you genuinely think that was the best course of action? Or that perhaps he should have brought her to hospital where she would be observed, diagnosed and given the treatment she needed?

Would any rational person, or one seriously concerned about this revelation, bring their suicidal partner to a work function?

Well you know what? I've had a mental health crisis. Have you? Do you know what it was like for her or them? None of us do. And I don't have any interest in judging their "best course of action." I actually think it's horrible to pick apart this time of their lives like this. It's disgusting tbh.

Harry pulled the eject button and got them out of the environment that was toxic. As I already said, you can't heal in the same environment that is harming you. I've been there, I know what it's like.

Seriously, the word allegedly needs insertion everywhere anyone says what Meghan is claiming.

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Hang on... this post is unbelievably judgey and short sighted. The woman had been through massive change in her life. Did you know what some of the top biggest stressors in life are? Among those are moving (and she moved entire country) leaving a job (she stepped back from her career in the middle of a successful show) she got engaged, then married, endured harassment and abuse/racism by the media which she says her friends and mother relayed parts of to her, endured slandering and selling her out by her own family losing her father in the process, joined a royal family, had a baby and talked about how she was isolated and not even allowed to go for lunch with her friends. She was told to lay low though she hadn't been out of the home for months.

You also have unrealistic expectations of what someone is capable of doing whilst in the midst of a mental health crisis. In which she tried to get help and was told no.

The only bad form I see here is a lack of compassion on some of these posts. It's very easy to gossip and judge these people, but they are real people too, and being held to impossible standards it seems.

But as I have said ad nauseum and you ignore, people on here may be going through death of a loved-one without seeing them in the hospital before they died, financial ruin, domestic abuse, job uncertainty, complete social isolation, delayed surgeries. It may be hard for them to sympathise with somebody far better off than they. Yes, they have problems, like everybody. But people struggling on Boards might see their own personal problems as worse. You are being very judgmental towards the people that you deem are not compassionate enough

• Advertisement

But who denied her the help? Genuinely? It is a fairly seriously allegation to say that somebody let a suicidal person walk out unaided to leverage at somebody

I'm going by what she said in her interview. I'm not making up things up myself to try and decide why she gave an interview. I'm listening to what she said.
    I'm not sure why you're not listening to her.

As an aside, why would her mother & friends tell her rubbish from newspapers? Why wouldn't she tell them not to?

tipptom wrote: »
    Pair of grifters who are disgracefully using race and mental health in their stupid little bitch fight.

Racism is a real scourge in society and on people who experience it. They're not "using race." It happened to her, it happens to all people of colour throughout their life.

Mental health issues are also very real, and most of us have some kind of mental harm at some point in our lives, to varying degree.

Likening those very serious and real issues to a "stupid little bitch fight" is just irresponsible and belittling to others who face this every day.

That assessment just isn't true. They've been very clear on why the left, and also the difference between intrusion and normal privacy in their public life. They never said they wanted out of all media to live under a rock.

But do they really think that they will be able to control the media any more than they were able to as royals? They have opened a Pandora’s box. Public interest and negative press stories will occur as much now as they did in the past

She wanted the Royal family to 'protect ' her from the media, did she not?

I'm going by what she said in her interview. I'm not making up things up myself to try and decide why she gave an interview. I'm listening to what she said.
    I'm not sure why you're not listening to her.

As an aside, why would get mother & friends tell her rubbish from newspapers? Why wouldn't she tell them not to?

I have no idea where you got this from and how you came to this conclusion from anything I've said.

I can't answer your last question, but she did say her mother told her the palace wasn't protecting her and was very upset about it. I'm sure she spoke up because she didn't want to see that happening to her daughter. The very real consequence from what was happening were the increased safety risk and death threats against them. They probably would have needed to be made aware of that.

Well you know what? I've had a mental health crisis. Have you? Do you know what it was like for her or them? None of us do. And I don't have any interest in judging their "best course of action." I actually think it's horrible to pick apart this time of their lives like this. It's disgusting tbh.

Harry pulled the eject button and got them out of the environment that was toxic. As I already said, you can't heal in the same environment that is harming you. I've been there, I know what it's like.

It is not really appropriate to corner somebody on Boards and to ask them about their private medical history to prove a point. While Boards is pseudo-anonymised, people can be recognised on the basis of the details in their posts.

But making unsubstantiated claims about an institution’s complete negligence means that the point will be discussed, with this perspective.

I am sorry that you had a rough time. I hope that you are feeling better now!

BettyS wrote: »
    But do they really think that they will be able to control the media any more than they were able to as royals? They have opened a Pandora’s box. Public interest and negative press stories will occur as much now as they did in the past

Uh.... well the glaringly obvious answer to that is they can now speak their truth, and speak out about issues important to them? Not just shíte from the media, but anything they deem important to them. Did she not say she has advocated for women using their voice all her life and then she was silenced? It seems the media and/or the firm did indeed want a 'good/evil' dichotomy between the two women, it must have been soul destroying.

It is not really appropriate to corner somebody on Boards and to ask them about their private medical history to prove a point. While Boards is pseudo-anonymised, people can be recognised on the basis of the details in their posts.

But making unsubstantiated claims about an institution’s complete negligence means that the point will be discussed, with this perspective.

I am sorry that you had a rough time. I hope that you are feeling better now!

No one is cornered here, everyone has a choice to answer any question they want. That's OTT an uncalled for. And everyone has issues with mental health at some point in their life, as I've already said so it's hardly identifying, and also as I did not ask for detail whatsoever. Less of the hysterics please.

Thanks for the sentiment at the end though, much better these days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I actually think the most 'guilty' party in this interview saga is Oprah Winfrey and her production company.
    Either she didn't challenge the contradictory claims made by the couple or she did and they got edited out so we didn't get to see any challenge to some questionable claims as have been laid out by is boards sleuths here already.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

Uh.... well the glaringly obvious answer to that is they can now speak their truth, and speak out about issues important to them? Not just shíte from the media, but anything they deem important to them. Did she not say she has advocated for women using their voice all her life and then she was silenced? It seems the media and/or the firm did indeed want a 'good/evil' dichotomy between the two women, it must have been soul destroying.

Their truth or the truth?

Everybody is different. Maybe this was only my perspective. When I was grieving and very sad, I couldn’t control when I did and didn’t cry. If I started to cry, I would cry for hours. I remember in work situation, a classmate spoke harshly to me. It was the only time that I cried in college. When the tears started, they wouldn’t stop. My personal experience was that my emotions were bubbling to the surface in an uncontrolled fashion. Pain can express itself in many different ways. It is only an observation

I would not have been able to sit and hold it together during the public scrutiny of a royal appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I read somewhere that actually a paparazzi shot of them now is worth a lot more than it was this time last week, and it was already eye wateringly high. And we all know how low the paps are in America and what they will do to get their picture, just look at the Britney doc.
    I’m not sure who is advising them but if I wanted a drama free life away from negative press, associated stress and all that it entails.. I would not have done that interview last week. If you really want to get your story out then write an article for Vanity Fair or something like she did when she miscarried. Ultimately it’s Harry who will lose the most from this. He looked like a prized prat sitting there nodding away as she slags off his whole family

Better leave it there for me tonight lads. Hope ye will at least consider a few of my points. ;)

I read somewhere that actually a paparazzi shot of them now is worth a lot more than it was this time last week, and it was already eye wateringly high. And we all know how low the paps are in America and what they will do to get their picture, just look at the Britney doc.
    I’m not sure who is advising them but if I wanted a drama free life away from negative press, associated stress and all that it entails.. I would not have done that interview last week. If you really want to get your story out then write an article for Vanity Fair or something like she did when she miscarried. Ultimately it’s Harry who will lose the most from this. He looked like a prized prat sitting there nodding away as she slags off his whole family

I thought he looked wholly uncomfortable. His body language was very nervous.

I thought he looked wholly uncomfortable. His body language was very nervous.

I wonder does he stay in contact with his group of friends from the U.K.?

Mules wrote: »
    Their truth or the truth?

Exactly

Folks ready to believe their version purely because it’s their version

There is a heap load people siding with them and believing them purely on the basis of being anti Royal...or in a lot of Irish cases, anti British as well

What I am struggling with is wtf Harry and Meghan are really saying/claiming. It’s all vague and muddy and lacking clarity and detail... it’s an attack without any actual substance. Very weird

Saw a good image today on social media that summed it up perfectly: your mates at the end of a wedding sitting around talking absolute waffle..

I'm sorry to hear you've had a mental health crisis and I hope you got the help you needed.

The rest of your post is whataboutery though, because surely you should understand that if Meghan's claims were true that she needed urgent medical attention, not to attend a royal function and be forced to smile and wave for the cameras?

Exactly

There is a heap load people siding with them and believing them purely on the basis of bring anti Royal...or in a lot of Irish cases, anti British as well

What I am struggling with is wtf Harry and Meghan are really saying/claiming. It’s all vague and buffet and lacking clarity and detail... it’s an attack without any actual substance. Very weird

Saw a good image today on social media that summed it up perfectly: your mates at the end if a wedding sitting around talking absolute waffle..

What terrifies me is this post-facts era, when perception trumps fact. If I perceive the sky as green, does that mean that the sky is green, and that the others that perceive it as blue hold a different perspective? Or if I say that 3^2 is 4, does that make me equally correct as those who “perceive” it as 9. Where do we draw the line with perception, and where do facts come into play?

• Advertisement

Exactly

There is a heap load people siding with them and believing them purely in the basis of bring anti Royal...

What I am struggling with is wtf Harry and Meghan are really saying/claiming. It’s all vague and buffet and lacking clarity and detail... it’s an attack without any actual substance. Very weird

Saw a good image today on social media that summed it up perfectly: your mates at the end if a wedding sitting around talking absolute waffle..

I agree..even the whole thing about someone in the family speaking about the baby that H+M would have and what that might look like.
    We already discussed that it might have been a musing out loud about who the child would take after in terms of genetics but..also..it could have been William/Charles/Camilla gently advising Harry that if the baby looked "brown", then this would be the first Royal person to look so and perhaps it was some words of caution or advice about how media or vicious trolls might make mean comments.
    Without any context to any of these claims, we are all just left guessing.

Advertisement