Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Not believing this crock of sh1t is not the same as being a royalist.

100 percent!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Why are people apparently so triggered by a couple they don't know, have never met and will never affect their lives in any way. Good Lord, people are even talking about the Duke and Duchess as if they know them - Please!

I absolutely am not a person who follows the Royal Family. Yawn Yawn most of the time. You won't catch me watching a Royal wedding.

But I think ppl are triggered because of this most unedifying public display of family back stabbing. From people who are filthy rich and more privileged than most people on the planet.

It's disguising. And they are doing it for their own notoriety, both of them.
    I find it utterly stomach churning how they are behaving, even if the allegations are completely true.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I hope his marriage will work out as he seems to have burned his bridges with his family.

A daughter is a daughter all her life, a son is a son until he finds a wife.

Never been more appropriate after watching this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Amazing how the press gave Megan more of a hard time than Andrew. Royal family are protecting him and no one says boo

An yes, the great family that allowed his mother to be hounded to her death and then forced him to walk behind her coffin in front of the world so they could make themselves look human. If that was my family, I'd have fücked them under the bus long before now.

Diana was as much her own worst enemy as the RF

But people don’t want to hear that

Blame blame blame everyone else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The whole thing is just completely tacky. Did we really need to know any of this information? Just another PR campaign by the two of them to ensure Meghan stays firmly positioned as victim #1 no matter what. A lot of dangling carrots without any actual information to form any proper conclusions and a lot said without context. “Kate did something but she owned it, sent me flowers and apologised”. Well what did she do? Saying something like that is completely pointless and without actually telling us what it is she did, it allows people to draw all sorts of ridiculous conclusions. Did she stab you in the face with a stiletto on purpose or was it something as innocuous as she deleted something you had recorded off Sky. Without details, this shlt is meaningless.

Again, someone is meant to have said something about Archie like “Will he be dark” sounds pretty nefarious when framed in a way that implies racial undertones but it could have been something as innocent as “I wonder what he will look like”.. and again, not saying WHO said it just leaves the whole palace open to racist accusations.
    I just don’t understand the pair of them. You couldn’t pay me to involve myself in that institution and it’s no secret that it has its problems, but equally a pair of self righteous pontificating whingebags I’ve never come across. If Meghan was so concerned about not being able to defend herself while part of the firm and feeling trapped, does she not feel for Kate who she has just thrown under the bus so publicly with a vague accusation of making her cry, I doubt Kate has the ability to counteract or clarify that. I just wish they’d piss off now. The rest of the interview sounds like a load of paranoid drivel out of the two of them and just pure speculation on why they believe people acted like they did towards them. Nothing concrete. The whole interview seemed to have been based on that one step forward two steps back, say things without saying anything kind of notion. Absolutely pointless but perfect if your only intention was to stir the pot.

I’m sick of seeing the pair of them every bloody day now crying about something else. You wanted privacy, now go live in peace and have it. For someone who suffered a miscarriage last year you’d think Meghan would want to be minding herself now and not stirring up a worldwide ****storm, and all for what? Whatever about her, she can move on from this. Harry has destroyed every meaningful relationship with his family with this tacky display of victim hood that absolutely nobody needed to see. And the most pathetic thing a near 40 year old man whinging about being cut off financially from his family. They’re so out of touch it’s unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

no one told her about the national anthem.....ffs....

dont know how anyone is siding with this person..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

She will have shades, gold chains, and have him rapping like a gangsta before the week is out!

He murdered the theme to the Fresh Prince the other night on James Corden’s show

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

HBC08 wrote: »
    Can't believe I'm watching this!
    I genuinely didn't know she was African American.
    Her eyes are giving her away,she seems to be doing a lot of lying.

Oprah Winfrey recently loves to interview liars. And if this blows up in her face, she'll try to distance herself from it.

She is intelligent and fierce and exactly what this lad needs. He is quite passive and sensitive, she is not to be messed with.

How intelligent can she actually be if she didn't do any research before joining the Royal Family?

• Advertisement

retro:electro said it....just tacky. Nothing more!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Imagine saying that about your father and brother

• Registered Users Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I am. Neither of them are coming across well. If they wanted to stay part time royals, then why move to America?

If they wanted to become part time royals why the fcuk were they surprised to only be offered part time security

The fcuking entitlement is bizzare

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

walshb wrote: »
    Diana was as much her own worst enemy as the RF

But people don’t want to hear that

Blame blame blame the victim!

Fixed your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

LillySV wrote: »

She's lucky it has the same melody as "my country tis of thee".

This Markle lass makes Maria swinggate Bailey seem credible!

I think you're insane, I never really took to her before but am seriously impressed. She is intelligent and fierce and exactly what this lad needs. He is quite passive and sensitive, she is not to be messed with.

Yeah she's real fake what are you on about? To go into the Royal Family and say nothing about how abusive and controlling they are because you want to be a wee princess or duchess of whatever is way more fake. How many women would go into that situation and tell the royal family were taking off and not raising our child amongst yous? Only someone who has a very strong spirit.

The only reason people on here seem to not like her is the American accent. Lots of Irish people just have a chip on their shoulder about Americans while they inexplicably love the 'devil they know' ie: the country that abused and humiliated them for decades on decades.

And I'm guessing those who are supporting the Royal Side are the same ones who still support the Catholic church blindly despite their horrific abuse as well. The older generations in Ireland are totally brainwashed.

Harry and Meghan seem lovely and warm and the Royal Family do not seem that way.

Stop!
    She joined the Royal family, she joined it, they did not join her life, she joined theirs.
    She has to change, that's obvious to anyone, she didn't like it, doesn't make her intelligent or fierce in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

I mean, wtf. She needs training on learning the national anthem?!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

A frequent hallmark of an abuse relationship is ostracising your victim from their family

Get a grip. This isn't some isolated powerless person it's a literal Prince. He's with her because he wants to be, and she with him.

He could have easily found someone else more passive if he wanted. She is a beautiful actress, she could have easily found another rich ginger fella to control if that was her aim - one that doesn't have one of the most powerful organizations in the world behind them (who some think already took out one meddling woman).

They wanted security for obvious reasons - look what happened to Diana. And Harry for certain has his thoughts on how that came to pass.

He probably wanted out for a while but didn't have the balls and needed a partner like Megan to back him up to do it.

People backing up the Royals please realize you are this country's version of a Trump supporter, and that should be embarrassing for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Megan said no

She did but didn't say that the 6 million wouldn't somehow turn up in some account or other.

• Advertisement

Bit of lighthearted humour from Stapo on Twitter :D

https://twitter.com/ShaneSaint/status/1369053671150002176

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

An yes, the great family that allowed his mother to be hounded to her death and then forced him to walk behind her coffin in front of the world so they could make themselves look human. If that was my family, I'd have fücked them under the bus long before now.
    Fair point distance yourself from the family but to use the celeb press to move away from tabloid press is not credible

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I think it's more of being in a situation where the national anthem plays and she's filmed not singing it, she'll get slated.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

How intelligent can she actually be if she didn't do any research before joining the Royal Family?

Weird thought I know, but perhaps she actually likes Harry.

givyjoe wrote: »
    I mean, wtf. She needs training on learning the national anthem?!

Actually, did someone tell her she had to learn the Irish one..?! Needing help with that I could understand!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,714 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

cnocbui wrote: »
    Exactly.
    He seems like a decent fella tbh, handsome and a sense of humour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

sligeach wrote: »
    Oprah Winfrey recently loves to interview liars. And if this blows up in her face, she'll try to distance herself from it.

Like she did with a certain two other individuals...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,714 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Exactly.
    He seems like a decent fella tbh, handsome and a sense of humour.

I honestly think she wasn't expecting the constant and very personal attacks by the British media which was a bit naive. They made the right decision for them, can't blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭siblers

She also said until you are in the inside, you won't know what it's like to be in the family.

No one here has a clue what it's like no matter what reaserch we do

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    I think it's more of being in a situation where the national anthem plays and she's filmed not singing it, she'll get slated.

Eh, so Google it first! What does she need, someone to print it off for her?! She's an actor, shouldn't learning lines be second nature to her?!

Advertisement