Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9359399/amp/CANDACE-OWENS-dont-buy-Meghan-Markles-truths-racist-Britain.html

Absolutely brilliant piece written by a black American lady who married into a white British upper class family.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭NSAman

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9359399/amp/CANDACE-OWENS-dont-buy-Meghan-Markles-truths-racist-Britain.html

Absolutely brilliant piece written by a black American lady who married into a white British upper class family.

Candace is a smart intelligent lady.

I didn’t know she was married to an English guy and had no idea she had children.

She comes across as a straight talker.

Read the piece, agree with her completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Strange times ,indeed.

Do we put our faith in M.M. "n" Harry ( and Auntie Oprah)? A few questionable holes in that narrative, I would think!

Do we put our faith in Kate ( who forgot to wear a face mask, and accidentally got exposed to the world media yesterday, laying flowers for ....well let's not go there)? That could/should be "questionable" too.!

Do we put our faith in Piers Morgan? Or question him until he walks?

Who knows? Tune in next week for more revelations that beg more questions,and stretch the credulity of all sides.

Good article.

MM needs to stop obsessing about what the media write, stop blaming the Royal family for it and just get on with her life.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

bubblypop wrote: »
    Good article.

MM needs to stop obsessing about what the media write, stop blaming the Royal family for it and just get on with her life.

Absolutely I saw odd bits etc but these are personal family matters that should have been kept within family and.. her motives in this degree of public exposure?

And yes, get on with her life. She has a family of her own to care for and is not in need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Graces7 wrote: »
    Absolutely I saw odd bits etc but these are personal family matters that should have been kept within family and.. her motives in this degree of public exposure?

And yes, get on with her life. She has a family of her own to care for and is not in need.

You make a very good point here

Married woman with a young toddler and pregnant with her second child on the way

A 99 year old man, her husband’s grandfather in hospital..

And she on dissing her in laws, with the support of her husband, on a global scale..

Shameless, the pair a them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Augme

Exactly. Does anyone care about what they have to say apart from spilling tea on the RF? Interest in them is extremely one dimensional. I think they’re about to learn that. Can’t say I’d have much interest in their podcast or Netflix specials. Each to their own but I’d say they’re the type to waffle on in love with their own voices

You've plenty of interest in this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

The palace bringing in a third party legal firm to investigate the bullying allegations.

Augme wrote: »

I have plenty interest in the thread and discussing it

I also find both them incredibly boring..

Incredibly insincere and fake..

valoren wrote: »
    The palace bringing in a third party legal firm to investigate the bullying allegations.

Well unless they want to find themselves in court, then the palace ( which is an employer, not the Royal family) have to investigate bullying claims completely and transparently.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    I have plenty interest in the thread and discussing it

I also find both them incredibly boring..

Incredibly insincere and fake..

We all knows you've plenty of interest in this thread as well.

It's a good thing you find them boring, because I'd be frightened to see your behaviour if you didn't find them boring!

We all knows you've plenty of interest in this thread as well.

It's a good thing you find them boring, because I'd be frightened to see your behaviour if you didn't find them boring!

If I didn’t find them boring?

Most likely they’d get less criticism..human nature!

Btw, I may have missed it, but do you have a view on the interview at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Like I said I’m just here for the tea spilling!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 little bit of help

I think we are all forgetting something important in this saga, who told Oprah she looked good in those glasses? Money can't buy good taste.

If I didn’t find them boring?

Most likely they’d get less criticism..human nature!

Btw, I may have missed it, but do you have a view on the interview at all?

Nope, didn't watch the interview. Not my cup of tea at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Genuine question then, why are you posting here? Does it make you feel intellectually superior?

Also, you have to laugh at the posters thanking Augme because his posts are aimed at people who disagree with them.

The failure to realise the same sentiments apply to them shows an amusing lack of sense awareness, gullibility even.

“You’ve plenty of interest in this thread”

:D

“You’ve plenty of interest in this thread”

:D

And you and walshb too it seems.

And you and walshb too it seems.

I feel like my truth and my lived experiences on this thread are being attacked

• Advertisement

I feel like my truth and my lived experiences on this thread are being attacked
    At least you have the opportunity to speak your truth here.

At least you have the opportunity to speak your truth here.

The Christopher Hitchens adage springs to mind about Meghan and her claims:

“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.”

The Christopher Hitchens adage springs to mind about Meghan and her claims:

“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.”
    Was Hitchens a racist too????? :D

Was Hitchens a racist too????? :D

I came across this in an article today by Eilis O’Hanlon in the independent

A very common sense and balanced view. She is spot on..

Nothing in it is not simple common sense..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭appledrop

At the end of the day in my opinion if you have family issues you try and solve it as a family or get some help from counsellors, family therapy etc.

What you definitely don't do is go on national T.V and say all stuff Megan and Harry did, especially when it's well known Royal family dont tend to come out and defend itself in the media.

Megan played the 'race' card knowing it would stir things up and I'm not buying it. I didn't even realise she was mixed race until I saw her with her mother. I dont buy for one second that their was a conversation about the colour of baby's skin.

If you had a friend or family member who admitted that they wouldn't have turned against their family unless they meet their wife, who now lives in another country and has gone on TV and blacklisted them what would you think?

I'd be saying to them I'm sorry things are not going well and while I don't agree with your choice of partner, I'll always be here for you if things don't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think we are all forgetting something important in this saga, who told Oprah she looked good in those glasses? Money can't buy good taste.

The costume designer on the Harry Potter Films?

Genuine question then, why are you posting here? Does it make you feel intellectually superior?

Intellectually superior? Huh? If people are fascinated by Harry and meghan I have no problem with that. But I find it very odd when people claim they have no interest in them and then continuously posts comments about harry and meghan in a thread about harry and meghan!

I do find people's reactions to harry and meghan far more interesting than harry and meghan though, hence the reason I've been reading this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I think the pair of them should sort out their own sh1te and give the lower classes of the uk and Ireland a break

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I think the pair of them should sort out their own sh1te and give the lower classes of the uk and Ireland a break

I think they should both **** off.

• Advertisement

Intellectually superior? Huh? If people are fascinated by Harry and meghan I have no problem with that. But I find it very odd when people claim they have no interest in them and then continuously posts comments about harry and meghan in a thread about harry and meghan!

I do find people's reactions to harry and meghan far more interesting than harry and meghan though, hence the reason I've been reading this thread.

We're a year into a lockdown, our entertainment opportunities and reasons to leave the house are rather limited.

We have to amuse ourselves somehow, and that interview was all kinds of veiled allegations and nonsense, so it's as good a topic to comment on as any other on boards. I don't think any thread here will have profound effect on the real world.

Advertisement