Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Augme wrote: »
    Intellectually superior? Huh? If people are fascinated by Harry and meghan I have no problem with that. But I find it very odd when people claim they have no interest in them and then continuously posts comments about harry and meghan in a thread about harry and meghan!

I do find people's reactions to harry and meghan far more interesting than harry and meghan though, hence the reason I've been reading this thread.

This seems like more a waste of time than anyone’s posts here..

You have no interest in them or the interview...

Yet wasting your time kind of baiting those that do have an interest in them and the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭appledrop

I hope Harry hasn't alienated his friends aswell.

I would love to know their take on it all.

We will never know of course, but they would know Harry's family from over the years and would know how much he has changed since he meet Megan.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Augme wrote: »
    Intellectually superior? Huh? If people are fascinated by Harry and meghan I have no problem with that. But I find it very odd when people claim they have no interest in them and then continuously posts comments about harry and meghan in a thread about harry and meghan!

I do find people's reactions to harry and meghan far more interesting than harry and meghan though, hence the reason I've been reading this thread.

Most of us have no interest in them outside of the Royal Family. If you find that odd then you must find yourself super odd, because you have no interest in them at all yet here you are!

appledrop wrote: »
    I hope Harry hasn't alienated his friends aswell.

I would love to know their take on it all.

We will never know of course, but they would know Harry's family from over the years and would know how much he has changed since he meet Megan.

I think he lost lost touch with most of his friends. Reports say he no longer speaks to his childhood best friend “Skippy” after he relayed his reservations about Meghan.
    Very sad.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

appledrop wrote: »
    At the end of the day in my opinion if you have family issues you try and solve it as a family or get some help from counsellors, family therapy etc.

What you definitely don't do is go on national T.V and say all stuff Megan and Harry did, especially when it's well known Royal family dont tend to come out and defend itself in the media.

Megan played the 'race' card knowing it would stir things up and I'm not buying it. I didn't even realise she was mixed race until I saw her with her mother. I dont buy for one second that their was a conversation about the colour of baby's skin.

If you had a friend or family member who admitted that they wouldn't have turned against their family unless they meet their wife, who now lives in another country and has gone on TV and blacklisted them what would you think?

I'd be saying to them I'm sorry things are not going well and while I don't agree with your choice of partner, I'll always be here for you if things don't work out.

There could also be an element of setting the record straight. Harry and Meghan have had somethings said about them in the media that wasn't true. Things like they shocked the queen with their news and its all so sudden - which wasnt the way it happened at all according to them.
    It wasnt simply a matter of sorting things out as a family, it was the eyes of the world that were a big issue. They seemed genuinely concerned that a negative whirlwind was spinning round them and given they had no security left - they wanted it put straight.

They also never mentioned the crying incident between Kate and Meghan. So they questioned how the information got out there - in such a twisted way.

They seemed very angry that the royal family wouldn't issue any statement to correct or address anything that was being said. In fact they were courting the media with their fancy lunches all the while the media were treating Meghan so poorly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

There could also be an element of setting the record straight. Harry and Meghan have had somethings said about them in the media that wasn't true. Things like they shocked the queen with their news and its all so sudden - which wasnt the way it happened at all according to them.
    It wasnt simply a matter of sorting things out as a family, it was the eyes of the world that were a big issue. They seemed genuinely concerned that a negative whirlwind was spinning round them and given they had no security left - they wanted it put straight.

They also never mentioned the crying incident between Kate and Meghan. So they questioned how the information got out there - in such a twisted way.

They seemed very angry that the royal family wouldn't issue any statement to correct or address anything that was being said. In fact they were courting the media with their fancy lunches all the while the media were treating Meghan so poorly.

An actress not knowing that putting a record straight never works?

JoChervil wrote: »

I suppose there's always the hope people will listen to what you have to say. Some will - some won't - some were never going to. But maybe they felt it was worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Seems so much like Harry and Meg got cut off the payroll and threw their toys out of the pram when the 'firm' wouldn't pay for them to holiday around the world as 'royals'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

Genuine Q... soo Meghan and Harry said that their off spring would not get security.. Do the off spring of Princess Anne, Prince Edward/Andrew get security?

• Advertisement

sporina wrote: »
    Genuine Q... soo Meghan and Harry said that their off spring would not get security.. Do the off spring of Princess Anne, Prince Edward/Andrew get security?

No they don’t

I suppose there's always the hope people will listen to what you have to say. Some will - some won't - some were never going to. But maybe they felt it was worth a go.

Indeed.

And at least it gives people the chance to call them out on their utter bullsh1t..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Exquisitely wry commentary there, the opening sentence was a masterclass in satire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

No they don’t

so what are Meghan and Harry whinging about? If the others on the same level don't get it - then they have no right to look for it?

But they didn't put it straight. This incident was mentioned only to blame Kate. She even didn't tell what it was all about. The same was with anything else they said. All very vague, so how it can be straight then?

But they didn't put it straight. This incident was mentioned only to blame Kate. She even didn't tell what it was all about. The same was with anything else they said. All very vague, so how it can be straight then?

Because like it’s “their truth,” this is “their straight.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Setting the record straight rarely works in any setting. People will have already formed their opinion on you....right or wrong.

However to not set the record straight can eat away inside you.

From an image point of view the interview probably didn't do them any favours....time will tell how much of a fallout will happen.

However for them , themselves, they may feel their side is now out there and let the pieces fall where they fall.

They didn’t set anything straight. The whole interview left people with more questions than answers

sporina wrote: »
    so what are Meghan and Harry whinging about? If the others on the same level don't get it - then they have no right to look for it?

I think Anne took the titles away from her kids, so they had to earn their own money all along?

From what H & M said the other night, they were told no title = no security. And their argument was, they'd have no security, no statement from the Palace about how wrong the media had it and all the while they were getting desth threats?

They didn’t set anything straight. The whole interview left people with more questions than answers

And framed almost an entire family as racist.

• Advertisement

The media had the story all wrong - they let them know their version was wrong.

Things like they shocked the queen with their news and its all so sudden - which wasnt the way it happened at all according to them.

That's the point. According to them. Harry said that talks with Queen happened during two years, So they must have started in January 2018, long before their marriage. While marrying Harry she was so to be dedicated to the service. So at which point they lied? Then or now? Because one of this sayings must have been a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

youtube link

Great, now we know what Rupert Murdoch thinks. I for one can do with that POS's opinions.

The media had the story all wrong - they let them know their version was wrong.

Again according to them. Do you know for sure, which version was right or wrong?

I think Anne took the titles away from her kids, so they had to earn their own money all along?

From what H & M said the other night, they were told no title = no security. And their argument was, they'd have no security, no statement from the Palace about how wrong the media had it and all the while they were getting desth threats?

When Harry and Meghan decided they wanted to step down as working royals and live in the US, it was Scotland Yard who pulled paid protection not the queen, as they have no legal basis to operate in a foreign country and cannot access intelligence over there, so it actually would be very harmful to their safety. H&M would actually be better protected by their own private security. But that’s not how Harry and Meghan want the narrative to be framed.

Only working senior royals get security, so once they left and stopped "working" they lost all the perks. They had explicitly stated they wanted to be financially independent after a short transition period. That's what happened. Oprah read a portion of the Queen's letter, but conveniently that part was cropped.

The palace rarely comments on press coverage, so they weren't treated any differently to other members of the family.

Charles was ridiculed and vilified for years and he wasn't publicly supported, nor was a statement released.

Harry knows how it works, he really should have prepared Meghan for what she was getting in to.

When Harry and Meghan decided they wanted to step down as working royals and live in the US, it was Scotland Yard who pulled paid protection not the queen, as they have no legal basis to operate in a foreign country and cannot access intelligence over there, so it actually would be very harmful to their safety. H&M would actually be better protected by their own private security. But that’s not how Harry and Meghan want the narrative to be framed.

No, Canadian forces stopped doing it

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/meghan-markle-prince-harry-canada-protection-security-police-duke-duchess-sussex-a9363786.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Only working senior royals get security, so once they left and stopped "working" they lost all the perks. They had explicitly stated they wanted to be financially independent after a short transition period. That's what happened. Oprah read a portion of the Queen's letter, but conveniently that part was cropped.

The palace rarely comments on press coverage, so they weren't treated any differently to other members of the family.

Charles was ridiculed and vilified for years and he wasn't publicly supported, nor was a statement released.

Harry knows how it works, he really should have prepared Meghan for what she was getting in to

She probably should have prepared him more. :pac:

To be fair to 'Arry, he probably didn't think it was relevant when he was marrying her. He likely had no idea where this was going to go. He thought she only cared about being with him and nothing else.. :rolleyes:

Harry knows how it works, he really should have prepared Meghan for what she was getting in to.

The whole family have been ridiculed for years and years. Diana, Fergie, Charles, Kate, Andrew, Beatrice, Eugenie. Diana’s phone was tapped, Charles and Camilla had a mortifying intimate conversation splashed across all of the papers, Kate had topless photos printed of her, really really intrusive stuff, her weight scrutinised, Beatrice and Eugenie had extremely derogatory stuff written about their looks. The whole family was mocked on Spitting Image. But Meghan dismisses all of that and reckons the treatment she got was worse because of stupid headlines about avocados and making Kate cry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Exactly, and what about the actual officers expected to spend months away from their families etc? It just doesn't seem feasible.

Advertisement