Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Or noticed she wasn't drinking or
    Not eating shellfish or
    Not eating pate or
    Any other number of foods that are on the avoid list for pregnant women.

Maybe they put 2&2 together thinking mmmm 36 yrs old, recently married , not eating foods she'd usually eat (guess on my part)

Or just momentarily lie and say you’re trying vegan or do what everyone in Ireland does and say I’m on antibiotics. The story was that she told people, not that people guessed.
    Even if people asked are you pregnant and you denied it, and they’re thinking yeah right total lies..it’s better you deny it and they doubt you than admit and potentially spoil someone’s day, unless of course you want the attention. It’s the decent thing to do. I’m not assuming she went mid centre on the dance floor with the mic and announced it, and it’s not the worst thing to do in the world... but in a long list of behaviours that make you look like an entitled asshat, the optics aren’t great.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Or tell the nosey so and so to mind their own business and don’t be so impertinent!!

Gone full circle crazy this thread!!! Discussing if someone may have asked Meghan if she was pregnant, forcing Meghan to reveal all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Or just momentarily lie and say you’re trying vegan or do what everyone in Ireland does and say I’m on antibiotics. The story was that she told people, not that people guessed.
    Even if people asked are you pregnant and you denied it, and they’re thinking yeah right total lies..it’s better you deny it and they doubt you than admit and potentially spoil someone’s day. It’s the decent thing to do. I’m not assuming she went mid centre on the dance floor with the mic and announced it, and it’s not the worst thing to do in the world... but in a long list of behaviours that make you look like an entitled asshat, the optics aren’t great

That's assuming someone doesn't do the dramatic omg are you pregnant just as the room goes quiet :D

That's assuming someone doesn't do the dramatic omg are you pregnant just as the room goes quiet :D

“No just fat” :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

cnocbui wrote: »
    You don't suppose it's possible someone commented that she looked like she was glowing and asked her if she was pregnant and she gave an honest answer?

So returning to my hate pet: manipulation.

You quoted 3 times that her outfit suggested, that she was pregnant, so she provoked such question.

Archie was born at the beginning of May, wedding was at the beginning of October. So two months pregnant woman needs to have her coat unbuttoned. Really? Or maybe her bump on its own wouldn't be big enough to ask such question?

And who dressed her in such a give away way?

547043.png

All other managed without coats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

She hardly did it for attention? :eek:

ETA: That photo looks like she's giving William a filthy look! :D

In the world, when even earrings talk, such ostentation was screaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

How do you know when something was Meghan's fault?

Check for a pulse; if you find one, it was her fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

JoChervil wrote: »
    I am out. I am repeating myself.

I was on this thread because my pet hate is manipulation.

Not interested in any of them.
    In the world, when even earrings talk, such ostentation was screaming.

Always room for one more dig though.

How do you know when something was Meghan's fault?

Check for a pulse; if you find one, it was her fault.

I only base my judgement on facts. She wore the coat, which according to all your quoted people made it obvious that she was pregnant. So she could have been sure, that this news will be for sure the main topic talked at the wedding as well as it will be main thing in press next day.

I assume she chose her outfit, so for sure it was her "fault". Especially actress knows well how tell things using visual ways.

The last your sentence shows your level of the dispute.

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    Always room for one more dig though.

As I said I was here because of my pet hate: manipulation.

It is not a dig. Manipulation is the best conquered by bared facts.

As I said I was here because of my pet hate: manipulation.

It is not a dig. Manipulation is the best conquered by bared facts.

Bared Facts? You have to be having a laugh.

Does not align with the ear rings talk comment whatsoever.

More mean girls than facts.

Bared Facts? You have to be having a laugh.

Does not align with the ear rings talk comment whatsoever.

More mean girls than facts.

Well, all given quotes showed that an unbuttoned in waist area coat talked.

Heard about but never watched this film, so can't discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Augme

Most of us have no interest in them outside of the Royal Family. If you find that odd then you must find yourself super odd, because you have no interest in them at all yet here you are!

That's because I find this thread interesting. Always good to pop into and read people's fascination with some english family. I always wonder what it is about them that attracts such an interest from irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

So returning to my hate pet: manipulation.

You quoted 3 times that her outfit suggested, that she was pregnant, so she provoked such question.

Archie was born at the beginning of May, wedding was at the beginning of October. So two months pregnant woman needs to have her coat unbuttoned. Really? Or maybe her bump on its own wouldn't be big enough to ask such question?

And who dressed her in such a give away way?

547043.png

All other managed without coats.

That is absolutely hilarious! Must. Wear. Big. Long. Coat. In May. But sooooooo haaard to get the rest of these buttons done. Thank god the top two aren’t fit to burst though 😂

Augme wrote: »
    That's because I find this thread interesting. Always good to pop into and read people's fascination with some english family. I always wonder what it is about them that attracts such an interest from irish people.
    What a way to dress smugness up as idle curiosity.

Kate and Sophie are saying, “story with your one looking for attention with the buttoned up coat”

Well, all given quotes showed that an unbuttoned in waist area coat talked.

Heard about but never watched this film, so can't discuss.

I never watched it either... but mean girls conjures up an image of women bitching about another woman as is evident in the past few pages here ...mind you, that's probably sexist as theres men here bitching too overall, so apologies.

I note that despite you saying Im out, but could not resist returning for one more dig.:rolleyes:

Augme wrote: »

That’s a bit odd. I’ve no interest in sport and I can think of nothing worse than going over to the soccer forum and reading comments about a sport I’ve zero interest in. But I guess its your time to waste. Thanks for calling us interesting though.

I never watched it either... but mean girls conjures up an image of women bitching about another woman as is evident in the past few pages here ...mind you, that's probably sexist as theres men here bitching too overall, so apologies.

I note that despite you saying Im out, but could not resist returning for one more dig.:rolleyes:

One guy even linked to a gossip blog called “celebbitchy” as a genuine source

• Advertisement

One guy even linked to a gossip blog called “celebbitchy” as a genuine source

Well I dont t know what that is.

Is it above or below daily mail?

I just felt maybe it was unfair to label as mean girls, when the men were just as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

You don't suppose it's possible someone commented that she looked like she was glowing and asked her if she was pregnant and she gave an honest answer?

She wore an obvious maternity coat, when there was no need for that at the stage of pregnancy she was at. Obviously people were going to ask. Even the headlines on the day were speculation about her being pregnant because of the coat. Talk about stealing the limelight.

Well I dont t know what that is.

Is it above or below daily mail?

I just felt maybe it was unfair to label as mean girls, when the men were just as bad

It’s a gossip blog. You can’t get much worse. At least boards has moderation.

Their trust pilot reviews are quite something

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.celebitchy.com

I am entitled to my opinion. You call it bitching, and such description itself is bitching in my book.

I was bored earlier because all these was discussed already so many times, but yes, couldn't resist new quotes. What's wrong with it?

I would call your comments towards me digs.

That’s a bit odd. I’ve no interest in sport and I can think of nothing worse than going over to the soccer forum and reading comments about a sport I’ve zero interest in. But I guess its your time to waste. Thanks for calling us interesting though.

I feel like we're being studied by an enthusiastic first year psychology student.

QUOTE=retro:electro;116584893]It’s a gossip blog. You can’t get much worse. At least boards has moderation.[/QUOTE]

Well, clue is probably in the name..bitchy, so fair enough.
    The last few pages here and the pregnancy coat, glaring at William etc are just petty crap though.

And saying I'm done but coming back for one more dig is obvious:pac:

Well, clue is probably in the name..bitchy, so fair enough.

The last few pages here and the pregnancy coat, glaring at Willism etc are just petty crap though.

And saying I'm done but coming back for one more dig is obvious:pac:

And yet you're still here.

I am entitled to my opinion. You call it bitching, and such description itself is bitching in my book.

I was bored earlier because all these was discussed already so many times, but yes, couldn't resist new quotes. What's wrong with it?

I would call your comments towards me digs.

Ok, call it what you like. I'm stating facts based on what you said.

you were done...but still returned after that? Reads as if you couldn't resist another dig.

And yet you're still here.

Not sure what you mean?

It was not me who declared I was out but could not resist a dig?

• Advertisement

It was not me who declared I was out?

No, but you seem obsessed about others getting digs in.

Advertisement