Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

anewme wrote: »
    I never watched it either... but mean girls conjures up an image of women bitching about another woman as is evident in the past few pages here ...mind you, that's probably sexist as theres men here bitching too overall, so apologies.

I note that despite you saying Im out, but could not resist returning for one more dig.:rolleyes:

I don't believe this, no one can criticise Meghans behaviour because she is female?
    Is that right?
    So, anything she does or says is totally above any criticism, based on her sex?
    And anyone criticising her behaviour is just bitchy?
    Is this actually serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

bubblypop wrote: »
    I don't believe this, no one can criticise Meghans behaviour because she is female?
    Is that right?
    So, anything she does or says is totally above any criticism, based on her sex and race?

Just added to your post

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

Harry is going to wake up some morning soon and ask himself "what have I done?"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Weird thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

bubblypop wrote: »
    Is that right?
    So, anything she does or says is totally above any criticism, based on her sex?

That's not what I'm saying at all. Not sure where you are making that jump to?

Where did I say that a person cant be criticised because of their sex.?

The mean girls reference relates to pages and pages of 'pile on' by the same few posters. It reads like petty schoolyard stuff, even down to the way she is looking at William or what she is wearing. Someone wore a coat in May half buttoned up, quick shoot them!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭BensMixed

Harry is going to wake up some morning soon and ask himself "what have I done?"

Very few men would wake up in the morning, see a woman who looks like Meghan Markle in bed and have an ounce of regret.

They seem to be together 24/7

I wonder do they ever get a break from each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭banie01

BensMixed wrote: »
    Very few men would wake up in the morning, see a woman who looks like Meghan Markle in bed and have an ounce of regret.

Bollox.
    Attractiveness only carries a relationship so far.
    I've been lucky enough in my serious relationships to most certainly be the ugly one ;)

Familiarity breeds contempt, living with someone no matter how beautiful eventually accentuates each others flaws.
    Strong relationships learn how to cope with that and adjust.

If you want to know how strong your relationship really is?
    Share a kitchen and a toilet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Well, I didn't expect to see a woman's belly and coat being discussed when I checked in on the thread, but somehow here we are.
    *Checks back out*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭BensMixed

banie01 wrote: »
    Bollox.
    Attractiveness only carries a relationship so far.
    I've been lucky enough in my serious relationships to most certainly be the ugly one ;)

Familiarity breeds contempt, living with someone no matter how beautiful eventually accentuates each others flaws.
    Strong relationships learn how to cope with that and adjust.

If you want to know how strong your relationship really is?
    Share a kitchen and a toilet.

They probably have 10+ bathrooms in their home.

Harry won at life. He got out of a toxic institution, found love with a stunning woman, has extreme wealth and fame and has his health. He has a healthy child and another on the way and is much loved generally by the masses. Meghan is clearly devoted to him and I'm sure this next baby will be one of many. It's a bitter pill to swallow for some but these two are living the lives they've always wanted and it must feel absolutely amazing to be out of the situation they were in. At least they don't have to exchange pleasantries with a suspected pedophile on a daily basis for one thing.

• Advertisement

Not for me. She's a pitching wedge - she looks good from 100 yards away. Or, she's good from afar, but she's far from good.

Not for me. She's a pitching wedge - she looks good from 100 yards away. Or, she's good from afar, but she's far from good.

Phew, glad that's settled! I'm sure you're a 10 yourself up close. ;)

Harry won at life. He got out of a toxic institution, found love with a stunning woman, has extreme wealth and fame and has his health. He has a healthy child and another on the way and is much loved generally by the masses. Meghan is clearly devoted to him and I'm sure this next baby will be one of many. It's a bitter pill to swallow for some but these two are living the lives they've always wanted and it must feel absolutely amazing to be out of the situation they were in. At least they don't have to exchange pleasantries with a suspected pedophile on a daily basis for one thing.

What a load of rubbish! The latest poll has them in the minus range, which I didn't think was possible.

What a load of rubbish! The latest poll has them in the minus range, which I didn't think was possible.

In the UK, done by a polling company who is known for polling only a certain demographic - conservative right wing.. That's what I read anyway, from a US article, where their popularity is very high.

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Phew, glad that's settled! I'm sure you're a 10 yourself up close. ;)

Me? No I'm not a 10, but I'm a solid 7.5 when I scrub up and put on a good suit. But my wife is way more attractive than her - inside and out.

Then why are they doing an interview whinging and moaning about how hard their life is? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

16 bathrooms, not including the separate guest house.
    I don’t believe things are so amazing. A happy person doesn’t appear on tv to trash their family. Especially pathetic is a man in his 30s trying to get sympathy for the fact that Daddy cut off his money. Only for that he might have been able to afford 20 bathrooms, boo hoo.

Stateofyou wrote: »
    In the UK, done by a polling company who is known for polling only a certain demographic - conservative right wing.. That's what I read anyway, from a US article, where their popularity is very high.

And what is the demographic in the US poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Multipass wrote: »
    16 bathrooms, not including the separate guest house.
    I don’t believe things are so amazing. A happy person doesn’t appear on tv to trash their family. Especially pathetic is a man in his 30s trying to get sympathy for the fact that Daddy cut off his money. Only for that he might have been able to afford 20 bathrooms, boo boo.

I thought he came across as a spoiled brat alright.
    I had to laugh at parts of it. First world problems indeed.

You just try running 3 houses and having to drive yourself around - with no security. Try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

anewme wrote: »
    It reads like petty schoolyard stuff, even down to the way she is looking at William or what she is wearing. Someone wore a coat in May half buttoned up, quick shoot them!

Not May.

It was October during a storm warning.

Heavy winds and rain were predicted for the morning of the wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Not May.

It was October during a storm warning.

Heavy winds and rain were predicted for the morning of the wedding.

Even more petty then to be saying...no one else wore a coat.:rolleyes: and using that as a stick to beat someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Delighted for him. Everyone deserves to be happy and if he truly is happy then that’s amazing. Now if he’d only quit pleading the poor mouth while resting on a multi million dollar fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I have a coat similar to that that I wear to alot of formal occasions (though I might rethink it if it makes you look pregnant :eek:) and I often only half button it as Meghan had done because if you wear a dress that has any kind of flare to it and you button the coat right down it creases the dress so maybe that was Meghan's reason to only partially buttoning the coat?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Delighted for him. Everyone deserves to be happy and if he truly is happy then that’s amazing. Now if he’d only quit pleading the poor mouth while resting on a multi million dollar fortune.

Im sure Harry is barely making ends meet. Hes unemployed, cut off from the rents....

source.gif

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I have a coat similar to that that I wear to alot of formal occasions (though I might rethink it if it makes you look pregnant :eek:) and I often only half button it as Meghan had done because if you wear a dress that has any kind of flare to it and you button the coat right down it creases the dress so maybe that was Meghan's reason to only partially buttoning the coat?

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭TobyHolmes

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Then why are they doing an interview whinging and moaning about how hard their life is? :confused:

yes exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

dogbert27 wrote: »

Are you serious?

Did you not hear. Allegedly a grown woman made another grown woman cry over some kiddies tights.

And some mystery person made some comment about skin color..

This is serious serious Sh1t, my friend...

walshb wrote: »
    Are you serious?

Did you not hear. Allegedly a grown woman made another grown woman cry over some kiddies tights.

And some mystery person made some comment about skin color..

This is serious serious Sh1t, my friend...

Also poor Oprah was shocked when she heard it.
    She may never be the same again.

JimmyVik wrote: »

But they are such good friends I'm shocked that a tv interview was the first time Oprah heard this from Meghan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

JimmyVik wrote: »

Yep

Oprah's performance truly trumped everyone....

Advertisement