Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭chooseusername

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Then why are they doing an interview whinging and moaning about how hard their life is? :confused:

The Pádraig Flynn syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bewareofthedog

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Also poor Oprah was shocked when she heard it.
    She may never be the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Bill Burr should be the world referee/moderator

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

walshb wrote: »
    Yep

Oprah's performance truly trumped everyone....

See while I have no idea what to believe, I know this.

This was pre planned, pre screened, Oprah was hand picked.

How they can masquerade this as a "nothing is off limits, off the cuff" interview is beyond me.

Oprah has no credibility from this. Shes spoofing. Like who would ever believe this was not a PR interview.

Im not saying Piers Morgan should have done it, but someone not hand picked by Team Harry/Meghan.

For this reason the interview lacks credibility.

• Advertisement

Bill Burr should be the world referee/moderator

See hes too smart for it, he'd want no part of this ****show.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What folks make of Meghan when Oprah asked if she made Kate cry?

It was incredibly actress like and patronizing-smug, and not at all like a normal person would have reacted IMO.

A very clear and firm "absolutely not" was all that was needed, not that lazy sigh and smug no...

So contrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

BensMixed wrote: »
    They probably have 10+ bathrooms in their home.

Harry won at life. He got out of a toxic institution, found love with a stunning woman, has extreme wealth and fame and has his health. He has a healthy child and another on the way and is much loved generally by the masses. Meghan is clearly devoted to him and I'm sure this next baby will be one of many. It's a bitter pill to swallow for some but these two are living the lives they've always wanted and it must feel absolutely amazing to be out of the situation they were in. At least they don't have to exchange pleasantries with a suspected pedophile on a daily basis for one thing.

True, now if he could also stop whinging about it that would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I watched that segment again earlier.
    First the whole thing is ridiculous and the fact that Meghan gives a crap about it at all says alot about her.

Kate was either heavily pregnant or immediately post partum at that fitting.
    Meghan was in the run up to a wedding that was watched by 2 billion people and her Father was being an ass.
    Dress fittings tend to be emotionally difficult at the best of times, even dress fittings for kids.
    Kids, uncomfortable clothes, poked, prodded, pins, decision fatigue, micro analysing tiny details, hanging around waiting . . .

It would be effing astounding if nobody was upset and nobody cried.
    I'd guess that both cried, maybe not at the dress fitting but at home afterwards.

Meghan mentions twice that Kate was upset about something.
    Kate may not have been upset by Meghan, it could have been anything, even something external to the dress fitting, but even Meghan acknowledges that Kate herself was upset.

Meghan's narrative seems to be "it was my wedding, I was the bride, she should have just gone along with what I said and her not doing so made me cry. She apologised." Which is maybe fair enough but definitely comes across as a strong element of uber controlling bride. There's no acknowledgement from Meghan that she had any part to play herself. No suggesting that Meghan is responsible for her own emotions, that it was a high pressure situation and maybe she over reacted.

That's a defining feature of the whole interview for me, at no point does Meghan take one iota of responsibility for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

First the whole thing is ridiculous and the fact that Meghan gives a crap about it at all says alot about her.

Meghan was in the run up to a wedding that was watched by 2 billion people and her Father was being an ass.
    Dress fittings tend to be emotionally difficult at the best of times, even dress fittings for kids.
    Kids, uncomfortable clothes, poked, prodded, pins, decision fatigue, micro analysing tiny details, hanging around waiting . . .

I'd guess that both cried, maybe not at the dress fitting but at home afterwards.

Kate may not have been upset by Meghan, it could have been anything, even something external to the dress fitting, but even Meghan acknowledges that Kate herself was upset.

Meghan's narrative seems to be "it was my wedding, I was the bride, she should have just gone along with what I said and her not doing so made me cry. She apologised." Which is maybe fair enough but definitely comes across as a strong element of uber controlling bride. There's no acknowledgement from Meghan that she had any part to play herself. No suggesting that Meghan is responsible for her own emotions, that it was a high pressure situation and maybe she over reacted.

That's a defining feature of the whole interview for me, at no point does Meghan take one iota of responsibility for anything.

But don't forget.....this is the truth. Her truth. Meghan's truth....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It’s clear that incident has completely eaten her up inside. I’d say she was never able to let go and it says a lot about her that it was the first question Oprah asked. We know Kate was upset because Meghan told us she was. It’s how she started off her sentence. As for Kate apologising, Meghan is clearly not familiar with the polite sentiment of apologising for something even when you’re not in the wrong, sometimes people do it with the expectation the other will also apologise but if recent reports are to be believed, all Kate got was a door slammed in her face and her flowers thrown in the bin.
    And yes, there was no introspection from either of them at any stage in the interview. Just everything is everyone else’s fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭NSAman

walshb wrote: »
    But don't forget.....this is the truth. Her truth. Meghan's truth....

Her narcissistic truth!

She is delusional. Oh woe is me, I have a hard life, they were mean to me and my child.

Forget the 32 million they spent on the wedding, the millions for the cottage, the free travel, personal assistants...etc.....

They really treated her badly....

Now I am no fan of the Monarchy, but jesus... self-aware much?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

BensMixed wrote: »
    Very few men would wake up in the morning, see a woman who looks like Meghan Markle in bed and have an ounce of regret.

I took it that the poster means that if/when Meghan leaves him, he'll wake up and regret what he's done to his relationship with his family

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

It’s clear that incident has completely eaten her up inside. I’d say she was never able to let go and it says a lot about her that it was the first question Oprah asked. We know Kate was upset because Meghan told us she was. It’s how she started off her sentence. As for Kate apologising, Meghan is clearly not familiar with the polite sentiment of apologising for something even when you’re not in the wrong, sometimes people do it with the expectation the other will also apologise but if recent reports are to be believed, all Kate got was a door slammed in her face and her flowers thrown in the bin.
    And yes, there was no introspection from either of them at any stage in the interview. Just everything is everyone else’s fault.

Even losing security for Archie was not caused by them, by their escape from UK.

Delighted for him. Everyone deserves to be happy and if he truly is happy then that’s amazing. Now if he’d only quit pleading the poor mouth while resting on a multi million dollar fortune.

Are they happy though? They both sound so bitter and he's always scowling. Whether they have cause to feel wronged or not, it won't do them any good thinking everyone's out to persecute them.

Mules wrote: »
    Are they happy though? They both sound so bitter and he's always scowling. Whether they have cause to feel wronged or not, it won't do them any good thinking everyone's out to persecute them.

I wouldn’t say so. If they are it has come as a massive cost. I could never be happy knowing I was the cause of my family going through so much pain. If that’s what makes them happy then it’s a measure on the kind of people they are

Women eh :)

/end thread

Well I'm leaning more and more towards the "Meghan you complete and utter attention seeker with a dash of narcissism" side. I didn't believe she lied during the interview but nor did I think things happened exactly as she said. It was more that she explained her experience of events.

Now I feel she outright lied numerous times in order to gain maximum sympathy and understanding. I absolutely do believe she sees herself as the victim and probably hates Kate and William.

I came across an article earlier about her old blog, The Tig. In it she discussed Kate's wedding and went on about how she didn't want to be a princess but a warrior or some such rubbish. Anyways, how she had no clue who Harry was after watching that wedding is baffling. She of course knew of him.

Well I'm leaning more and more towards the "Meghan you complete and utter attention seeker with a dash of narcissism" side. I didn't believe she lied during the interview but nor did I think things happened exactly as she said. It was more that she explained her experience of events.

Now I feel she outright lied numerous times in order to gain maximum sympathy and understanding. I absolutely do believe she sees herself as the victim and probably hates Kate and William.

I came across an article earlier about her old blog, The Tig. In it she discussed Kate's wedding and went on about how she didn't want to be a princess but a warrior or some such rubbish. Anyways, how she had no clue who Harry was after watching that wedding is baffling. She of course knew of him.

I dont disgaree with your assessment of Meghan Markle, but I feel both sides are rotten to a degree. I feel the Royals are coming off better due to Meghan digging her own holes.

Best things the Royals can do is nothing. Let it die down, let Meghan trip herself up. Its not their first rodeo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

They claim they wanted privacy. If they really wanted it, why not stay in the UK behind Kensington Palace walls? I think they are more interested in earning big bucks, hence going to LA. Maybe Harry was always spoilt and entitled, but it was covered up by good PR.

• Advertisement

She featured in U Magazine in 2014. Here she is holding a copy of it with Kate on the cover!!

NINTCHDBPICT000513524226.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

The thing that disturbs me the most is the following: every single channel aired the alleged racist headlines broadcast by the U.K. media. Now, the British press has shown many of those headlines to be edited in a disingenuous fashion by CBS. This news story is only reported by a very select few news outlets. The thing that will stick in the minds of many are the alleged racist articles, even after contrary evidence

Meghan’s pal said that she wants to run for US president. Hmmmm

She featured in U Magazine in 2014. Here she is holding a copy of it with Kate on the cover!!

NINTCHDBPICT000513524226.jpg

:D:D

Me? No I'm not a 10, but I'm a solid 7.5 when I scrub up and put on a good suit. But my wife is way more attractive than her - inside and out.

Do you remember Stateofyou when I said that you made passive aggressive posts. This is a classic example.

Your post to this poster was passive aggressive

Reddit is still very much supporting Meghan and Harry. But there are more dissident posts against them now

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

BettyS wrote: »
    Do you remember Stateofyou when I said that you made passive aggressive posts. This is a classic example.

Your post to this poster was passive aggressive

Oh good grief, what's passive aggressive? Explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭dontmindme

BettyS wrote: »
    The thing that disturbs me the most is the following: every single channel aired the alleged racist headlines broadcast by the U.K. media. Now, the British press has shown many of those headlines to be edited in a disingenuous fashion by CBS. This news story is only reported by a very select few news outlets. The thing that will stick in the minds of many are the alleged racist articles, even after contrary evidence

Racist card was emphasised to get the US audience aroused.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I dont disgaree with your assessment of Meghan Markle, but I feel both sides are rotten to a degree. I feel the Royals are coming off better due to Meghan digging her own holes.

Best things the Royals can do is nothing. Let it die down, let Meghan trip herself up. Its not their first rodeo

I agree. When dust will settle people will be better able to see the whole situation.

• Advertisement

What gets on my nerves is that she tries to convince us about very noble reasons for her actions. Wanting security and wellbeing for her son is very admirable.

Yet, she took him from a country, where he had a perfect protection with decades of experience to a country much lower in the ranking of security. And how taking him from a big family with many kids of his age is for his wellbeing?

I don’t believe that her priority was Archie. I believe that her priority is money. And to be at the centre of attention. Only not the brightest Harry can claim that he had to sold his family, sign certain deals to buy security for his son. His son already had security guaranteed. The best one.

A lot of women are able to do much more for their kids than accepting that Kate and William are more important and higher in a hierarchy of RF than her. I don’t believe Harry is that petty, but he believes her lies. And doesn’t see how narcissistic she is.

Advertisement