Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

BettyS wrote: »
    Meghan’s pal said that she wants to run for US president. Hmmmm

They'll need a second chair at the desk in the Oval Office for Hostage to sit down and hold her hand.

Imagine a state visit by the queen to the US, or M & H to the UK and arriving at a reception in Buckingham Palace? Not a bit awkward...

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

They'll need a second chair at the desk in the Oval Office for Hostage to sit down and hold her hand.

Imagine a state visit by the queen to the US, or M & H to the UK and arriving at a reception in Buckingham Palace? Not a bit awkward...

:D:D

dontmindme wrote: »
    Racist card was emphasised to get the US audience aroused.

And it worked. The fear of being called racist is causing corporations and people to lose their marbles and repeat lies and false stereotypes. Sharon Osbourne did nothing wrong. Piers Morgan did nothing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭banie01

On the plus side, introductions will be short and the guests will know where the facilities are ;)

Meghan will never stand the heat in US politics.
    If she couldn't cope with life in a gilded cage without crying racism?
    US politics will utterly destroy the poor gentle wee lamb.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

And it worked. The fear of being called racist is causing corporations and people to lose their marbles and repeat lies and false stereotypes. Sharon Osbourne did nothing wrong. Piers Morgan did nothing wrong.

Sharon Osbourne’s show has also gone off air because she defended Piers. Why are people losing their jobs over this?! When someone goes on television and proceeds to tell such easily refutable nonsense as “her truth” without a shred of evidence, why are those who then question the validity of that truth the bad guys? Her truth. What a load of crap. Are we just all indulging complete delusion now for fear of rocking the boat or getting the sack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Sharon Osbourne’s show has also gone off air because she defended Piers. Why are people losing their jobs over this?! When someone goes on television and proceeds to tell such easily refutable nonsense as “her truth” without a shred of evidence, why are those who then question the validity of that truth the bad guys? Her truth. What a load of crap. Are we just all indulging complete delusion now for fear of rocking the boat or getting the sack?

The world always wants to keep balance. So the more people will pay for H&M "doings", the more the latter will pay at the end.

At the end of the day it is alway better to stay decent than advance at others' cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

This will end up causing more damage to the causes that the people champion for! It will lead to a backlash and move away from the left

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Simple:

Mental health and race card

Her and Harry showed extreme deviousness here..

And it has worked to fool quite a few!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I wonder will Meghan filter into our vernacular in future.
    For example, if one disses their in laws, would they say "she did a Meghan Markle on it".

To thine own self be true

I wonder will Meghan filter into our vernacular in future.
    For example, if one disses their in laws, would they say "she did a Meghan Markle on it".

You’ve just started it..

First domino has fallen!

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    You’ve just started it..

First domino has fallen!

I'm single, I don't have in laws :D

Jammy bastid!!😜

Harry will probably be available soon.

Harry will probably be available soon.

He's too dry after being with her, no craic anymore so no thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

BettyS wrote: »
    This will end up causing more damage to the causes that the people champion for! It will lead to a backlash and move away from the left

it won't.
    most people couldn't care a less about any of this and will just get on with their lives.
    the only "back clash" and "move away from the left" that will be happening is those who have already decided that based on the lies of the alt right and who buy into the culture wars.
    95% of people are not interested in that crap.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

And it worked. The fear of being called racist is causing corporations and people to lose their marbles and repeat lies and false stereotypes. Sharon Osbourne did nothing wrong. Piers Morgan did nothing wrong.[/QUOTE]

he did, his comments were nasty and he was unable to provide anything to back them up.
    he always was a piece of work tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭AllForIt

he did, and thankfully has been potentially shunted off to a minority channel if the belief that he will join the new alt right news channel comes to fruition.
    he always was a piece of work.

I doubt the new channel will be a minority channel, just like Brexit wasn't a minority decision.

Piers Morgan is popular more than not, like it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Does Meghan want a high profile life or a low profile life.

I think this interviews shows she wants a high profile life, even if all the accusations she made are true.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Does Meghan want a high profile life or a low profile life.

I think this interviews shows she wants a high profile life, even if all the accusations she made are true.

-A low profile life away from the media, but able to give high profile interviews.
    -Financial independence, but wants her inlaws to fund her
    -Give her side of the story, but throw accusations at others who can't give theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

it won't.
    most people couldn't care a less about any of this and will just get on with their lives.
    the only "back clash" and "move away from the left" that will be happening is those who have already decided that based on the lies of the alt right and who buy into the culture wars.
    95% of people are not interested in that crap.

You are wasting your breath.

Everyone's gone from here and it's the same few people, left, basically saying what a knut Meghan Markle is.

• Advertisement

I think her little performance piece has backfired on her in this part of the world anyway.
    A lot of people seem unimpressed that they went unchallenged with their vague accusations and especially bringing racism into the equation without backing it up.
    I think she will get a frosty reception if she returns to the UK...which of course she'll probably say is people being mean to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

anewme wrote: »
    Everyone's gone from here and it's the same few people, left, basically saying what a knut Meghan Markle is.

Christ this thread is still going, thought people would have gotten bored of slagging her off by now.

Weren’t you shaming someone yesterday for giving “digs”, now look at you.
    Very strange how some posters can’t manage to find the unfollow thread button when they’re no longer interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

That horrific murdering policeman & the tragedy of SE and the polices appalling handling of the vigil for her has made the story old news not a week past her storm in a teacup oprah event. God help that girl but the Queen got an unprecedented media meltdown that eclipsed the palace.

ITV will be editing the documentary due to the misleading headlines that were used to peddle a narrative that the articles were racist

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/03/14/itv-forced-edit-oprah-winfreys-interview-prince-harry-meghan/amp/

AllForIt wrote: »
    I doubt the new channel will be a minority channel, just like Brexit wasn't a minority decision.

Piers Morgan is popular more than not, like it or not.

both are minority issues.
    a majority of a tiny minority voted for 1 of them.
    morgan is popular with a section of society yes, but it wasn't enough to save him in the end.

Christ this thread is still going, thought people would have gotten bored of slagging her off by now.

it's odd alright, irish people getting upset over

a foreign institution that has no relevance to this country.
    and megan is not the first to talk about possible issues with the institution either is she.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I dont disgaree with your assessment of Meghan Markle, but I feel both sides are rotten to a degree. I feel the Royals are coming off better due to Meghan digging her own holes.

Best things the Royals can do is nothing. Let it die down, let Meghan trip herself up. Its not their first rodeo

I think there are definitely problems in the Royal family but whether or not they are garden variety family issues or more serious I don't know.
    Well there is Andrew I suppose and I can't help but feel there is something a bit off with Peter Philips eldest. Obviously just my view from reading rubbish though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The Daily Mail and co wind them up like little clock work toys and they are still running - hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate...

source.gif

I think there are definitely problems in the Royal family but whether or not they are garden variety family issues or more serious I don't know.
    Well there is Andrew I suppose and I can't help but feel there is something a bit off with Peter Philips eldest. Obviously just my view from reading rubbish though :p

What's wrong with Savannah Philips? I don't read much about them.

• Advertisement

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.......... :)

Advertisement