Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Consoles - Query thread

Options
  • 09-03-2021 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Hey,

This isn't me directly selling a console with links and prices etc. I'm just asking where have people found the best for selling a ps4? I've looked at Adverts.ie which seems to be a good spot, always have CEX (when things reopen) but wondering has anyone found other places? It's a Spiderman Special edition so was hoping to get a few quid back,

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

CEX all the way. Adverts is not worth the hassle dealing with time wasters. I always find CEX offer more than fair prices and a smooth transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Batesy wrote: »
    CEX all the way. Adverts is not worth the hassle dealing with time wasters. I always find CEX offer more than fair prices and a smooth transaction.

Yeah I've been looking this morning and it does seem a hassle with people offering a tenner less than asking or trying to split up a bundle etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

Kanney wrote: »
    Yeah I've been looking this morning and it does seem a hassle with people offering a tenner less than asking or trying to split up a bundle etc.

That's good going on Adverts, usually you get low balled. Never had much hassle with Adverts, just check the users reviews. PS4s are in demand so should sell quickly enough.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

CEX will give you a free An Post label to ship it to them. I got €246 last week for a white Pro. Dropped to the Post office on a Friday, money in my account the following Wednesday.

whiterebel wrote: »
    CEX will give you a free An Post label to ship it to them. I got €246 last week for a white Pro. Dropped to the Post office on a Friday, money in my account the following Wednesday.

Oh really, thats cool. Was expecting to just wait until the restrictions were lessened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Facebook Marketplace, I am using it loads in the past few months, finding things are shifting way way quicker on there!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

An Post will collect a CEX package directly from your house. All the info on the CEX website. Brilliant service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

+1 for CEX. Gave me great prices on a 8 year old PS4 and two controllers. Money in the bank.

Right, think I'll just go with that then!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Sold my 5 year old ps4 to CEX recently, extra controller, 15 games, €300 paid by PayPal and the postie collected it from my front door. Easy peasy.

• Advertisement

Sold my 5 year old ps4 to CEX recently, extra controller, 15 games, €300 paid by PayPal and the postie collected it from my front door. Easy peasy.

For Spiderman Console + 1 controller + Spiderman disc, I'm looking at 264 so probably happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Did you need to get a box for it or was the original box fine? I guess I'm asking, is it ok to just have over a PS4 box or should it be concealed in since way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Sold my old PS4 Pro and a couple of controllers to CEX recently. However they refused two of the controllers due to 'missing serial number'. I assume they just wore away with use over time and I know they work perfectly. I was wondering what the significance of not having a serial number on a used controller would have that they would refuse the trade-in?

I may wait until the shops reopen and try my luck again?

Benzino wrote: »
    Did you need to get a box for it or was the original box fine? I guess I'm asking, is it ok to just have over a PS4 box or should it be concealed in since way?

Just to add I've now gone with CEX and it will be collected Monday, my plan is to just go to my local post office and get a normal box and padding for safe shipping.

If you're asking about do CEX want the Original PS4 box, they do have different prices for Boxed/Unboxed, not much tho, a tenner or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Sold my old PS4 Pro and a couple of controllers to CEX recently. However they refused two of the controllers due to 'missing serial number'. I assume they just wore away with use over time and I know they work perfectly. I was wondering what the significance of not having a serial number on a used controller would have that they would refuse the trade-in?

I may wait until the shops reopen and try my luck again?

I dont get that either. I have too with numbers well worn away on them from sweaty hands.

FYI:

CEX sent a Postman to pick up my PS4 on March 16th. Received the €264 into my PayPal this morning.

Great service

Advertisement