Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Improving flow from Mira Elite SE

• 09-03-2021 1:01pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

My Mira Elite ST gave up the ghost at the weekend.
    I replaced with a Mira Elite SE as same plumbing/screw fixings etc.

New shower is considerably quieter than the old one so happy out there.

Issue is the flow rate is very poor, it was always poor as it's an upstairs shower and only about two feet below the cold water attic tank and on around a 10ft feed.

Shower spec allows up to 1 bar.

Is there any small pump I can fit that will improved the flow rate, I would like it to be intelligent enough to turn on and off automatically when it senses flow of water.

Cheers all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Your shower already has a pump. Turn the bottom dial all the way to cold & you will get close to 10 litres of water per minute. Almost a power shower. The problem with electric showers is that they can only put out 3 to 5 litres of warm water per minute depending on the time of year.

Putting a pump before the shower will damage the shower and will only produce better pressure of cold water

For better pressure you'd need to replace your electric shower with a power shower

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Yeah, thought as much, was hoping for some wonder solution.
    Already have a power shower elsewhere and with multiple showers one after another in the morning I am limited by hot water capacity so no second power shower option.
    We'll make do

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

The fact that your shower is upstairs has negligible impact on the flow rate of that type of shower. It would be no different if it was downstairs.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement