Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgarding a HKC SW8/12 Panel to VoIP/ GSM

Options
  • 09-03-2021 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hello all,

My parents have an old HKC SW8/12 panel with the add on module to connect to a copper eir phone line & via the HKC service send out SMS on alarm activation.

They are now considering moving to virgin media for broadband (& hence to a VoIP line). From what I've read the SMS module won't work with a VoIP line so what's the best way to go? Is there an upgraded module that I can fit or do I need to consider a separate GSM stand-alone device?

Thanks,

Leo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

leo738 wrote: »
    Hello all,

My parents have an old HKC SW8/12 panel with the add on module to connect to a copper eir phone line & via the HKC service send out SMS on alarm activation.

They are now considering moving to virgin media for broadband (& hence to a VoIP line). From what I've read the SMS module won't work with a VoIP line so what's the best way to go? Is there an upgraded module that I can fit or do I need to consider a separate GSM stand-alone device?

Thanks,

Leo

You could add a stand alone GSM unit to that alarm or even add the HKC version that works with any alarm. Here is the link.

The only down side to doing this is the 8/12 is now obsolete so if any of the control side of things go you may have issues replacing the control parts. Sensors and other devices are fine as they are global devices.

Using a standalone or the HKC version does not give you as much information as upgrading the control panel and using the GSM/Wifi card.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭leo738

ok, thanks for the info.

Leo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

leo738 wrote: »
    ok, thanks for the info.

Leo

No problem, any other questions please let us know

Advertisement