Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinsealy Woods - Broadband Situation?

Options
  • 09-03-2021 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, my wife and I recently went sale agreed on a new phase in Kinsealy Woods.

One thing that I was unsure of was availability/speed of broadband in the area.

Can any current residents of the previous phases in Kinsealy woods give any feedback regarding your broadband situation and what providers are available in the area?

I checked on the SIRO (Fibre over ESB network resold to partners) website and it looks like the area is not currently covered by SIRO at the moment.

OpenEir (Eircom Fibre network, resold to partners) seems to show a fibre cabinet set up on their coverage map but no idea whether this can currently be connected to homes in the area.

Virgin's (have their own fibre and non fibre network throughout Ireland) website say they don't offer broadband in the area but I think I heard from the rep that Virgin/Sky was available in the area. Not super clear.

Can anyone who lives in the development share your experience regarding broadband and what is currently available?

Just don't want to move in and then have no internet or something super slow and having to fight for months to get anything decent installed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DubLad69

Hi, my wife and I recently went sale agreed on a new phase in Kinsealy Woods.

One thing that I was unsure of was availability/speed of broadband in the area.

Can any current residents of the previous phases in Kinsealy woods give any feedback regarding your broadband situation and what providers are available in the area?

I checked on the SIRO (Fibre over ESB network resold to partners) website and it looks like the area is not currently covered by SIRO at the moment.

OpenEir (Eircom Fibre network, resold to partners) seems to show a fibre cabinet set up on their coverage map but no idea whether this can currently by connected to homes in the area.

Virgin's (have their own fibre and non fibre network throughout Ireland) website say they don't offer broadband in the area but I think I heard from the rep that Virgin/Sky was available in the area. Not super clear.

Can anyone who lives in the development share your experience regarding broadband and what is currently available?

Just don't want to move in and then have no internet or something super slow and having to fight for months to get anything decent installed.

Unfortunately, I don't have experience with this particular development. But it is the case in the vast majority of New developments that when a new phase is completed, it does take a while longer for broadband to be set up.

I would not be worried that you won't get broadband, but it usually takes Virgin or Eir a couple of months to come and install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 IrishWhiskey

DubLad69 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I don't have experience with this particular development. But it is the case in the vast majority of New developments that when a new phase is completed, it does take a while longer for broadband to be set up.

I would not be worried that you won't get broadband, but it usually takes Virgin or Eir a couple of months to come and install it.

Yeah my worry is due to lockdowns/WFH if we have everything in the house set up once built, we won't be able to actually move in until broadband is installed as we won't be able to work and offices will likely still not be open by the time we actually move in. So if that takes potentially months then it could be a big problem for us.

I know that often the databases on those websites are not always 100% accurate/up to date so was hoping someone living in the development could share their experience on what broadband they currently have, what is currently available and if they are aware of any plans/timelines in the near future for fast providers to provide coverage to the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DubLad69

As a back up I would check if any mobile providers offer 5g in your area. As that could be used as a high quality replacement for wired broadband while you are waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

With my place (bought 2018) it took six months for Virgin to be available and took 18 months for open eir to be available (eir wouldn’t do anything until the entire estate was complete, balls if you buy in first phase) and Siro is due October this year.

We got by with a 4g dongle whilst we waited for Virgin and moved to an OpenEir reseller there in January and couldn’t be happier.

How fast these happen is wholly down to how the developers liaise with Virgin/Siro/OpenEir etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 house25675e

Hi, sorry for dropping in on conversation. My husband and I are also looking at Kinsealy woods - I got the impression they weren't released yet for phase 2 . Just wondering if you bought off plans and were there many house types available at the moment or is the house you bought already built? Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 rose_2

Hi, sorry for dropping in on conversation. My husband and I are also looking at Kinsealy woods - I got the impression they weren't released yet for phase 2 . Just wondering if you bought off plans and were there many house types available at the moment or is the house you bought already built? Thanks in advance!

Same! I’ve been waiting on this final phase and told it’s been delayed by restrictions. Has anyone heard otherwise?

Advertisement