Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Mikey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

km991148 wrote: »

I don't understand, why there are not more negative comments on UTube.
    Can Mikey delete comments, that he doesn't like?

"I'm the guy, who caught Guy Richie"
    What a knob!

Eamonnator wrote: »

What a knob!

I can't tell if he's been tounge in cheek or not

In fairness, I got recommended one the other day where he just filmed and left.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

What a knob!

The guy waved, indicated fair enough and then he follows him. If I didn't know any better I would say he was annoyed he didn't get a rise out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Church of Mickey :)

Pulpit of CycleDub

• Advertisement

He's Louis Theroux on a bike there in that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It's a week and 180 posts since I made this remark.
    Nothing, that has been said since, has changed my mind.
    I wonder has anybody changed their mind about Mikey's behaviour.

I'm a Mikey fan and he definitely is not a bellend by any stretch of the imagination, do you think if a family member of yours was killed by a dangerous driver, you would do nothing? Mikey is out catching people doing illegal things while driving or in control of a motorised vehicle and making the streets safer by taking dangerous drivers off the roads or making sure they get punished for their behaviour. If we had more like him, maybe we wouldnt have as many dangerous drivers in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

On one YouTube comment someone calls him out for not wearing a helmet. His response is that helmets don't save lives...talk about double standards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

What a knob!

He must delete them. Abusive ones I can understand but there's not even constructive criticism allowed. I can't see how they can all be universally positive otherwise. Shows what kind of person he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Seen a lot of RTBI in cork as I'm local to area. Also seen cycling Mikey through him. While I appreciate what they are trying to do, Mikey has too much time on his hands and is trapping people by waiting in the bushes as mentioned. Bit of a knob.

RTBI is interesting, sometimes he comes across quite likeable but there are some videos he posts where he is behaving like a lunatic! Particular ones are numerous where he sees someone indicate Left and I'm not suggesting he stops, but he ploughs on at full speed waiting for the interaction. Theres also the cycling of carrs hill and dual carriageways, which is totally insane. He pulls some outrageous (to me) manoeuvres at speed through roundabouts and junctions. But he has also had some insane close passes and highlighted some really dangerous driving I'll admit I have an increased awareness when overtaking a cyclist from it so fair play on that front. I do think similar to Mikey if he dropped the interaction and just posted the videos / reported he might enjoy cycling a little more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

crazy 88 wrote: »
    On one YouTube comment someone calls him out for not wearing a helmet. His response is that helmets don't save lives...talk about double standards

What dangerous activities do you wear a helmet for - walking? stair climbing? Showering? Driving?

Talk about double standards....

He must delete them. Abusive ones I can understand but there's not even constructive criticism allowed. I can't see how they can all be universally positive otherwise. Shows what kind of person he is.

What constructive criticism comments got deleted?

By that standard we should wear them when we're out walking or driving in the car? Wouldnt you agree?

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I do think similar to Mikey if he dropped the interaction and just posted the videos / reported he might enjoy cycling a little more.

What makes you think he doesnt enjoy cycling?

Like the constructive criticism on this one, yeah?? He didnt even report it, which shows he's not a bellend to some on here. He's doing great work

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Mc Love wrote: »
    Like the constructive criticism on this one, yeah?? He didnt even report it, which shows he's not a bellend to some on here. He's doing great work

Can’t see any critical comments on that

How do you know he didn't report it? Because he didn't publish the result? I mean was it reported and rejected?

How do you know he didn't report it? Because he didn't publish the result? I mean was it reported and rejected?

When he reports, you won't see the video published for months or even years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

What makes you think he doesnt enjoy cycling?

True, he probably does, should have really said I would not enjoy it in that style. Stressing out all day and then go on the bike and do the same! Not for me.

Seve OB wrote: »
    Can’t see any critical comments on that

The absence of critical comments is not exactly conclusive proof that he is deleting such comments. But so what if he is -its his channel, so he decides what to keep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is there an irish version of cycling mikey? some busybody cycling around dublin or cork?

not that i want one mind,

The absence of critical comments is not exactly conclusive proof that he is deleting such comments. But so what if he is -its his channel, so he decides what to keep.

Mc love said there were critical comments on the clip he linked. That is what I was responding to.

When he reports, you won't see the video published for months or even years.

I just seen the tagline at the start. I missed the date.

Wonder why right enough.

Mc love said there were critical comments on the clip he linked. That is what I was responding to.

He didn't mention comments at all.

I just seen the tagline at the start. I missed the date.

Wonder why right enough.

Looking at the video - I think he knew there wasnt enough evidence to convict.

The phone is shown between his legs (I am sure he was using it of course) - but I don't think the evidence was clear enough.

Fair enough to him for not wasting police time on that. He still couldn't help himself with the goading and the lecturing (fortunately the driver wasn't actually going to get in a fight, even although he threatened it - some other ****ty behaviour as well).

Looking at the video - I think he knew there wasnt enough evidence to convict.

The phone is shown between his legs (I am sure he was using it of course) - but I don't think the evidence was clear enough.

Fair enough to him for not wasting police time on that. He still couldn't help himself with the goading and the lecturing (fortunately the driver wasn't actually going to get in a fight, even although he threatened it - some other ****ty behaviour as well).

Seems fairly definitive to me

547459.jpg

though I'm not 100% clear on UK law, there is something in the Barrosso (sp?) judgement that requires evidence of messages being sent I think, which is why he often tries to see exactly what they are doing on the phone.

Seems fairly definitive to me

though I'm not 100% clear on UK law, there is something in the Barrosso (sp?) judgement that requires evidence of messages being sent I think, which is why he often tries to see exactly what they are doing on the phone.

That's why I said of course he was texting, but I don't think it constitutes enough evidence.

Finger not on the screen etc.

He didn't mention comments at all.

There was a debate about critical comments not being shown on mikeys clips, but sure you just read between the lines.

There was a debate about critical comments not being shown on mikeys clips, but sure you just read between the lines.

McLove didn't mention comments. "Like the constructive criticism on this one, yeah?? He didnt even report it, which shows he's not a bellend to some on here. He's doing great work"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

That's what I wanted to know.

Advertisement