Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Mikey

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Mc Love wrote: »
    He makes a good point, none of the morons will call the police and if they do, they are even bigger morons.
    timmyjimmy wrote: »
    Another example of righttobikeit being a law onto himself. This is a shared pedestrian path in Cork:

https://twitter.com/righttobikeit/status/1380600880618147842?s=20
    Duckjob wrote: »
    "Bike lane". It's not a bike lane through the crossing. There's no clear deliniation for bike/pedestrians there, nor does there need to be. A bit of basic cop on tells you when you're going across a crossing you'll be mixing more closely with people on foot so you just need to slow down a bit.
    Apparently she says to him he shouldn't be there (I don't see it or hear it, he says it in a reply), but regardless, it is a shared space, and he is moving too fast, in particular because he can clearly see her from ages away. No ifs or buts, he is in the wrong no matter what she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭timmyjimmy

CramCycle wrote: »
    Apparently she says to him he shouldn't be there (I don't see it or hear it, he says it in a reply), but regardless, it is a shared space, and he is moving too fast, in particular because he can clearly see her from ages away. No ifs or buts, he is in the wrong no matter what she said.

There's lots of examples of righttobikeit behaving in a same manner. He deletes lots of videos where he gets called out. I actually saw him with my own 2 eyes cycling the wrong way down a one way straight and then give out to someone who walked in front of him.
    I don't know but I think career bike camera men are probably the worst type of cyclist, they all seem to have a chip on their shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Yeah he seems to be clinging to the argument that one side of the crossing is a bike lane and one side is pedestrian lane, apparently based on the alignment of the traffic lights at the side! As Roger in Lethal Weapon was fond of saying - "that's pretty f****n thin!"

The twitter thread smacks of someone who just can't admit when they've got it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Every reply is telling him to cop on and he keeps digging.

ED E wrote: »
    Every reply is telling him to cop on and he keeps digging.

Except for some guy called Colin, who I think is implying that he was 100% in the right and should have mown her down (artistic license used).
    Holy f*ck, I have made mistakes on foot, bike and car on priority, you hold up your hands and say sorry, end of story.
    All I can think of is Homer Simpson shouting at the two of them to dig up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

This fella popped up in my recommended YouTube videos the other day (The Micky Fella).

At the end of some of his videos he lists the fine and points given out. Sometimes he mentions a victim surcharge. It might be £30 or thereabouts. Does he pocket that?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

ozzy jr wrote: »
    This fella popped up in my recommended YouTube videos the other day.

At the end of some of his videos he lists the fine and points given out. Sometimes he mentions a victim surcharge. It might be £30 or thereabouts. Does he pocket that?

No.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Victim surcharge is for crimes with no actual victim so to speak. The money is pooled and redistributed to organisations who help victims of various crimes, abuses etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

No.

You have obviously audited him so we'll take your word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Don't underestimate stupidity, we have a drug dealer in Dublin turn up at the station to report his gear taken. It was the Gardai who cleared it in a raid.
    Now that, is a special kind of stupid. I hope he was arrested on the spot
    Now, in fairness, he reported a break-in at his house. He didn't mention the 'gear'.

• Advertisement

crazy 88 wrote: »
    You have obviously audited him so we'll take your word for it.

Or you could read up on how victim surcharge works if you like?

Knockout result for Mikey

Apparently Chris previously killed someone in a crash but has obviously managed to recover from that trauma.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Knockout result for Mikey

https://youtu.be/Aww6LQX7ico

Apparently Chris previously killed someone in a crash but has obviously managed to recover from that trauma.
    Wasn't wearing his seatbelt either :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What you make of this one? for me the police were completely at fault. Pretty petty to turn around and follow

Surprised he didn't get done for impersonating an officer as well, I would have thought the Met would be unimpressed with that.

What you make of this one? for me the police were completely at fault. Pretty petty to turn around and follow

Cop is completely in the wrong, but I bet he believes he wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Surprised he didn't get done for impersonating an officer as well, I would have thought the Met would be unimpressed with that.

Maybe he's the C.E.O. of some company.

Fair play to yer man for standing up to the copper. Ridiculous to suggest that the cyclist was accelerating in the second or two that he was in view.

So he killed a man previously while driving, and still hasn't learnt the basics of complying with traffic law. There's something wrong here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

too many knocks to the head I'd imagine

• Advertisement

Just looking at his reg I kinda wish we had personalised plates in Ireland, I wouldn't begrudge someone driving a nice car but it would make it easier to sport the dickheads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Cycling Mikey is not very funny really, Dom Jolly is way better :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that was desperately unfunny. a humour vacuum.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

that was desperately unfunny. a humour vacuum.

Yep, but still better than Cycling Mikey imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Just looking at his reg I kinda wish we had personalised plates in Ireland, I wouldn't begrudge someone driving a nice car but it would make it easier to sport the dickheads :D

At least in Chris's case the personalised plate is on a Bentley- He clearly has money to burn. Always amazes me when I'm in London how many people have splashed cash on a personalised plate to slap on a dingy looking BMW 320d turboclacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

At least in Chris's case the personalised plate is on a Bentley- He clearly has money to burn. Always amazes me when I'm in London how many people have splashed cash on a personalised plate to slap on a dingy looking BMW 320d turboclacker.

Looks like a roller to me

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

I'm guessing we don't have this in Ireland, where videos can be sent to the Garda and the offenders get points/fined.

If we could do that, would you report people? I don't mean hiding in the bushes the way he does, but if you could send a video into the Gardai when you saw someone on the phone, would you?

I'm guessing we don't have this in Ireland, where videos can be sent to the Garda and the offenders get points/fined.

If we could do that, would you report people? I don't mean hiding in the bushes the way he does, but if you could send a video into the Gardai when you saw someone on the phone, would you?

It can be done here, and is being done here.

You need to submit video on USB stick here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

At least in Chris's case the personalised plate is on a Bentley- He clearly has money to burn.
    he used to drive around brighton in a mad big truck cab. not a shrinking violet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Seve OB wrote: »
    Looks like a roller to me

It is. Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead.

Advertisement