Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DONEGAL TOWN!

Options
  • 09-03-2021 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Think I may have got your attention. By any chance would there be any bikers around donegal Town, Ballyshannon here, that could look over a bike for me if required.

Basics like fork seals, pitted tubes, running smooth etc etc.

Im in Dublin so kinda hard to view a bike at preaent

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭goblin59

Think I may have got your attention. By any chance would there be any bikers around donegal Town, Ballyshannon here, that could look over a bike for me if required.

Basics like fork seals, pitted tubes, running smooth etc etc.

Im in Dublin so kinda hard to view a bike at preaent

Cheers

how soon would you need this done?
    I will be back in Fermanagh in a month or two so could try and pop over sometime once I'm back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Next few days if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭goblin59

Next few days if possible.

ah damn,
    Unfortunately i wouldn't know anyone to ask that way.
    Might be worth paying a Garage out that way a few quid to do a look over at the bike.

goblin59 wrote: »
    ah damn,
    Unfortunately i wouldn't know anyone to ask that way.
    Might be worth paying a Garage out that way a few quid to do a look over at the bike.
    It's Donegal. They are few and faaaarrrr between. Used to be a little mickey mouse place in Mouncharles many a moon ago, but believe it is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

So how are things in Donegal at the moment?

• Advertisement

mouthful wrote: »
    So how are things in Donegal at the moment?

Wouldn't know, I'm in Dublin. Bike in donegal but cannot view it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Wouldn't know, I'm in Dublin. Bike in donegal but cannot view it
    Might be worth hiring a van(transit around €80/€90 a day) and heading up under the pretence you're a courier(if stopped). Then if you buy you have transport for home with you. or Go through the north you can cover a lot of the route that side of the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

UrbanFret wrote: »
    under the pretence you're a courier(if stopped).

That's not a good idea, as you would have the implication of commercial insurance if you were a courier.

Buying a vehicle which you need would be regarded as an essential reason to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

kirving wrote: »
    That's not a good idea, as you would have the implication of commercial insurance if you were a courier.

Buying a vehicle which you need would be regarded as an essential reason to travel.

Yes it would.
    The op would be putting a bit of pressure on whoever looked at it for him though. I mean what I would consider a sound enough machine could be a dog to someone else. Dublin to ballyshannon isnt a long haul . 4 or 5 buses every day too.

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Yes it would.
    The op would be putting a bit of pressure on whoever looked at it for him though. I mean what I would consider a sound enough machine could be a dog to someone else. Dublin to ballyshannon isnt a long haul . 4 or 5 buses every day too.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. When I said look at a bike, I meant basic stuff like pitted forks, electrics, seals, maybe a short spin. I dont have high standards at my low price point, but was being forced into it. Just wanted something cheap and cheerful to blow off some steam after a bad day. My last bike was a UK write off which was rebuilt and really liked it until a scumbag stole it and burnt it out.

The bike in question was in Ballintra, but I see is gone now. There is another one in Browne Motors at Clar. I emailed to ask was it IRL reg as it had no plate, got a reply the following day it was UK but they could re-reg it. I rang them for more details and was promised a call back. That was last week. Still waiting. So much for Browne Motors!

I bought a cheap bike on saturday as my 17 yr NCB expired yesterday, went to insure online and computer said no- but ring us, as I had a claim (stolen and burnt out), however insurer told me I was not loaded as protected NCB, I just need to ring them. Gonna ring them now.

Thanks everyone anyway.

• Advertisement

Just a bit of info for the general group. I reinsured this morning and it appears Aegis (or whatever they were called) has pulled out of the market due to Brexit.

Got a policy from Carole Nash at an excellent price and the insurer is FBD.

GO CN!

Advertisement