Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edging for play area

Options
  • 09-03-2021 5:14pm

I am building a play area for small kids out the back and am using mulch as ground cover. I'm going to use a curved border and make it look as appealing as possible so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for edging to keep the mulch out of the grass.

If it were straight I'd use sleepers or something similar but I am wondering if anyone has successfully used anything else with a curved border that will retain the mulch? I have curved borders out the front with natural, dug edges which I don't mind maintaining but that won't do with kids.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

Cut a tree limb into short discs and lay loose on ground in curve you want. 5-6inch diameter looks well.

49801 wrote: »
    Cut a tree limb into short discs and lay loose on ground in curve you want. 5-6inch diameter looks well.

Thanks. Nice idea I hadn't thought of.

Advertisement