Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piers Morgan cancelled.

Options
  • 09-03-2021 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

Mod can move this if it's not TV enough :)

Having flounced off his own programme at breakfast time this morning he has been resigned/removed/fired from GMB

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/mar/09/ofcom-investigating-gmb-piers-morgan-comments-harry-meghan-sussexes

Piers Morgan has decided to leave Good Morning Britain after a row over remarks he made about the Duchess of Sussex’s mental health.

ITV said it had accepted the presenter’s decision to leave the breakfast show, saying in a statement: “Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain. ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add.”

It came after Ofcom launched an investigation into Morgan’s comments, after receiving more than 41,000 complaints.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

He left.

Hardly cancelled!

Edit: good to see him get a slap! C*nt of the highest order!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Lining up nice contract with GB News.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Will walk straight into a job with GBNews I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Spends years moaning about "snowflakes" and criticizing MM for leaving an organisation because she was unhappy then walks off his own show after less than 2 minutes of criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

He is a typical authoritarian bully. He can dish it out but cannot take it himself

He'll make sure he has full editorial control over his guests in his next job so he can only allow sycophants, or can cut off anyone who challenges him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,835 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Damn cancel culture. You can't even use your television platform and regular newspaper articles these days to constantly b*tch and moan about a woman who was once nice to you a few times but then stopped talking to you, then imply she's lying when she says she struggled with her mental health and had suicidal thoughts, then walk off the programme you're presenting when someone challenges you on it.

IT'S PC GONE MAD IS WHAT IT IS!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Moved this to After Hours as IMO it's more relevant than TV

• Registered Users Posts: 23,750 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Piers Morgan takes his ball and goes home in a huff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

MrStuffins wrote: »
    He left.

Hardly cancelled!

Sometimes people leave before they get canned just to avoid being fired.

As mentioned above GB News could easily be a new home for his provocative BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Absolute wanker. Shouts over any guest that’s on there, not giving anyone a chance to talk

Big fat head on him.

• Advertisement

Piers did oppose the Iraq war. As far as I know the only editorial position to do so. He was editor of the daily mail then.

I don’t know nor care about daytime or morning tv, or his show. I’ve only ever seen him on some talent show. Did seem a bit boorish. But there’s still Iraq.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Hahaha :D

Typical for the “tells it like it is” merchant. Gets a bit of guff back and he can’t take it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

They are all a shower of c--ts.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,553 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

He was called out and rage quit. That's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,835 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭buried

Poor Piers. As a Arsenal fan, he's probably well used in the last few years to leaving the event early so cut him some shlack.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 23,750 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

buried wrote: »
    Poor Piers. As a Arsenal fan, he's probably well used in the last few years to leaving the event early so cut him some shlack.

Piers twitter is great. I remember one of his rambling threads had both Kolo Toure and James Blunt telling him to píss off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Can't stand the prick, just a complete attention seeker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Piers did oppose the Iraq war. As far as I know the only editorial position to do so. He was editor of the daily mail then.

I don’t know nor care about daytime or morning tv, or his show. I’ve only ever seen him on some take by show. Did seem a bit boorish. But there’s still Iraq.

Daily Mirror and his paper faked some pictures of the British army to create an anti-war fuss.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2004/may/14/pressandpublishing.iraqandthemedia
    Piers Morgan was tonight sacked as editor of the Daily Mirror after a crunch meeting with chief executive Sly Bailey over the Iraq 'torture' photographs, ending his eight and a half year reign at the paper.

And, in echoes of the cataclysmic events that engulfed the BBC in the days after the Hutton report was published, the board "apologised unreservedly for publishing the pictures" that it said had damaged the paper's reputation.

It is believed that Ms Bailey summoned the embattled Morgan to a meeting late this afternoon and demanded he apologise for the alleged fake photographs. Morgan refused and he was asked to leave the building. The company announced he had resigned with "immediate effect" just after 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,687 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Piers last less than 1 minute getting called out for his hypocrisy and threw a fit and has now thrown all the toys out of the cot.
    He self imploded and it was entirely his own doing.

No doubt he will be back somewhere to rail against the 'perpetually outraged' without a hint of irony.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Leaving his odious personality aside for a moment, I find it very hard to have any respect for a grown man who's so deeply invested in that kind of celebrity trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Mod can move this if it's not TV enough :)

Having flounced off his own programme at breakfast time this morning he has been resigned/removed/fired from GMB

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/mar/09/ofcom-investigating-gmb-piers-morgan-comments-harry-meghan-sussexes

Building up our hopes with your title........:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

What an snowflake who isnt in control of their emotions
    Isn’t that the kind of thing he’d say if Meghan walked off a set?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Don’t agree with the whole cancel culture usually but I’ll make an exception for Piers. I don’t know how he’s gotten away with his sh*te for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,553 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I'd say the royal family love him. He's taken the attention of them. Great chess move.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Thing was, the guy mouthing off was coming across as a complete dickhead... had Morgan stood or sat his ground and picked him off then he’d probably have wiped the floor with him..

I’m no fan of Morgan but I can’t stand little mouthpieces like the fella there... obviously loving his 5 minutes of fame and the sound of his own voice, and not letting anybody else get a word in....that sort of scattergun / machine-gunesque bully beat down while people tune in to watch but it’s allll about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Fake Scores

Pierce and friends

Piers.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It's hard to think of anyone, short of murderers or rapists, that I think less of than Piers Morgan. You'd think the fake photos and phone hacking scandals would have butied his public career, but no, he seemed to grow in popularity, particularly in the US. At least this episode exposes him for the fragile bully he really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Sad pathetic morons who need to get out and get a life instead of worrying over the mental health issues of millionaires and narcissists like Merkal and Morgan, you'd need to be mentally challenged to be caught up and interested in these faux personalities who's job it is to keep relevant for the masses, not to mention queen vacuous leech Oprah Winfrey, fcuk me how that waste of valuable space is worshipped is nothing short of amazing, we're turning into to a wannabe American consumer with a never ending appetite for hashtags and metoo and all you can eat claims of racism/sexual assault/poor me bullshìt engineered by oprah and her minions, ****

• Advertisement

A v.unlikeable individual...but its not his job to be liked either,i guess

I find it bizzare,he wasnt at least prepared to debate/tackle flak/personal critism,surronding this issue....given his extreme "interest" in subject matter

Advertisement