Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piers Morgan cancelled.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,903 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Vile, wretched excuse of a man. Unfortunately, the Devil looks after his own.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Strumms wrote: »
    Thing was, the guy mouthing off was coming across as a complete dickhead... had Morgan stood or sat his ground and picked him off then he’d probably have wiped the floor with him..

I’m no fan of Morgan but I can’t stand little mouthpieces like the fella there... obviously loving his 5 minutes of fame and the sound of his own voice, and not letting anybody else get a word in....that sort of scattergun / machine-gunesque bully beat down while people tune in to watch but it’s allll about...

You must have watched a different clip to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,553 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

FunLover18 wrote: »
    You must have watched a different clip to me.

To everybody

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Thing was, the guy mouthing off was coming across as a complete dickhead... had Morgan stood or sat his ground and picked him off then he’d probably have wiped the floor with him..

I’m no fan of Morgan but I can’t stand little mouthpieces like the fella there... obviously loving his 5 minutes of fame and the sound of his own voice, and not letting anybody else get a word in....that sort of scattergun / machine-gunesque bully beat down while people tune in to watch but it’s allll about...

He's the co presenter and he speaks slowly and deliberately.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'd imagine he would have if he could.....

But he couldn't, so stormed off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

An odious thin skinned parasitic lickspittle, good riddance. Not an ounce of conviction about him. Unfortunately he'll crawl out of the dirt before long claiming himself to be a victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Big publicity stunt for his soon to be announced mov to GB News

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

He never really bothered me that much but I haven't seen much of him really. I find it odd that someone with Irish parents and I think even an Irish passport is so invested in the royal family, I knew loads of 2nd gen Irish people when I lived over there and none of them gave a sh*t about the firm and usually had more republican leanings than your average born and bred son of Eireann!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Lets be clear, he hasn't been cancelled.

He behaved wholly unprofessionally in a manner that he has repeated too often. He is not interested in the show, he only wants to promote himself.

ITV got 41,000 complaints about his mouthing off yesterday, today just put the lid on it. If he hadn't taken the option to walk, he'd have been sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Don’t have the slightest interest in him and nothing has changed

• Advertisement

Daily Mirror and his paper faked some pictures of the British army to create an anti-war fuss.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2004/may/14/pressandpublishing.iraqandthemedia

That’s not what I was talking about. he was anti war prior to the war and brought the daily mirror along with that position. That makes him a better person than mild mannered Tony Blair.

This thread is full of people who seem to watch him in the morning to see how boorish he is or was. I mean why would you? Why even turn on the tv in the morning. ** shudder**

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Don’t have the slightest interest in him and nothing has changed

And yet you're here, so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I like his interview show. Other than that I couldn't give a flying fck.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That guy did what every right thinking person wished they could do - he put Piers Morgan in his place, and did so in a calm, rational manner. I'm not sure what you were watching, but the rest of us saw a bully being called out on his bullsh*t and not being able to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Piers likes to tell it like it is.

But got his arse handed to him on a plate This Morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

From the clips I’ve seen I’d barely even call what your man said as criticism. It was really mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    From the clips I’ve seen I’d barely even call what your man said as criticism. It was really mild.

It must have been horrible for a manly man who says it as it is to have been forced to remove himself from the onslaught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

I like his interview show. Other than that I couldn't give a flying fck.

I’ll watch any old ****e but I couldn’t watch more than a minute of Morgan’s interview show. He is a fawning, greasy creep when he’s trying to kiss up to celebs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He just wasn't expecting it, he rules the roost there, probably what would be termed a toxic work environment during the ad breaks and filmed reports I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Zaph wrote: »
    That guy did what every right thinking person wished they could do - he put Piers Morgan in his place, and did so in a calm, rational manner. I'm not sure what you were watching, but the rest of us saw a bully being called out on his bullsh*t and not being able to take it.

If seemed from his (Piers) exasperation and facial gestures that this was a continuation of something that had been discussed heatedly and gone on before the studio cameras started rolling.

I think she’s a harpee of the highest order and fully agree with someone having the balls to stand up and call her out on her suicidal & mental health.

But I agree that a grown man can’t just storm off set especially one who is the anchor presenter- supposed to host a TV programme and be able to deal with and manage guests.

I wonder was he up all night watching Opera and didn’t get enough sleep before leaving to commute to work at stupid o’clock.

He certainly had it out for her but then again if I want unicorns and happy fairytails talk I’ll watch the Disney Channel not an adult morning discussion programme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I would never watch him, and didn't even known he had reached the ignominious levels of hosting breakfast TV, but the whole thing seems scripted/planned. The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I think she’s a harpee of the highest order and fully agree with someone having the balls to stand up and call her out on her suicidal & mental health.

Shutting down and shaming people who discuss mental health issues is pretty disgusting, not to mention dangerous and is likely to discourage other people from discussing these issues in future for fear of receiving the same treatment.

I would never watch him, and didn't even known he had reached the ignominious levels of hosting breakfast TV, but the whole thing seems scripted/planned. The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

I don’t know - he went totally red in the face even through all his TV makeup - I’d say he was in a total rage! The newscaster beside him totally lined it up and the black guy was laying in - sure he was supposed to be professional but there was clearly a conversation or argument immediately behind the scenes that predates his instant explosion.

That having been saId he can’t act like that as a TV host - they couldn’t just keep him - nor really could he just try skip it and carry on.

But he was the only one who put his career as editor on the line called out the percieved beatings and torture by the english army of ‘prisoners’ - most of whom would be not white. And in the face of all opposition and at the risk and cost of his job.

Do we want daytime programmes to be narrations from politically selected pre-approved scripts issued by bland people with perfect faces and cottage cheese personalities??

I’ll watch any old ****e but I couldn’t watch more than a minute of Morgan’s interview show. He is a fawning, greasy creep when he’s trying to kiss up to celebs.

I don't take any notice of him, I'd be looking at the guest. I wouldn't be selling my soul over it or anything. I only saw a few of them. I liked the one with yourman from Riverdance can't think of his name. He was interesting

I don't take any notice of him, I'd be looking at the guest. I wouldn't be selling my soul over it or anything. I only saw a few of them. I liked the one with yourman from Riverdance can't think of his name. He was interesting

Michael Flatley?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Piers Morgina was crying today you could see it in his eyes. He can dish it out but can't take it. Writes a book about snowflakes, cries about free speech then has the ultimate diva moment and runs off his own show for a quick cry on the toilet when he hears something about himself. A strange strange individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭buried

Nah man he totally lost it. And as you've said, the ignominious levels of breakfast television ain't got the time or the brains to plan such a hilarious operation. That sort of craic happens on the fly, just like this morning.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Michael Flatley?

Yeah thanks. My mind went blank there. I found him to be quite chauvinistic but still interesting especially the way he spoke about his illness and how he recovered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I expected to see feathers flying opening the clip but it was in fact the most polite critique ever. The other guy sounded actually respectful and only mildly disappointed. And that's what Morgan walked out over? It's not even a bully not being able to take bullying situation: there was no bullying there at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

strandroad wrote: »
    I expected to see feathers flying opening the clip but it was in fact the most polite critique ever. The other guy sounded actually respectful and only mildly disappointed. And that's what Morgan walked out over? It's not even a bully not being able to take bullying situation: there was no bullying whatsoever.

Tears even tweeted than he left because his colleague called him diabolical. He said diabolical after he had left the set. He's an absolute dose.

Advertisement