Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piers Morgan cancelled.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭batman75

While it made for dramatic viewing it was extremely unprofessional of Piers to walk off the set like that. Nothing the guest said was derogatory towards Piers. Piers seems to think his word is the law. He has had an irrational campaign against Meghan Markle for quite some time now. The minute someone calls him out on it he can't handle it. Typical bully. I will concede I have enjoyed his life stories series but he was out of order this morning. Meghan Markle is entitled to be defended by whoever chooses to do so as much as he is entitled to offer critique.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

batman75 wrote: »
    While it made for dramatic viewing it was extremely unprofessional of Piers to walk off the set like that. Nothing the guest said was derogatory towards Piers. Piers seems to think his word is the law. He has had an irrational campaign against Meghan Markle for quite some time now. The minute someone calls him out on it he can't handle it. Typical bully. I will concede I have enjoyed his life stories series but he was out of order this morning. Meghan Markle is entitled to be defended by whoever chooses to do so as much as he is entitled to offer critique.

He wasn't a guest. He was a colleague. That seemed to be a lot of tge problem. Pier felt he was being stitched up by a colleague.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Tears even tweeted than he left because his colleague called him diabolical. He said diabolical after he had left the set. He's an absolute dose.

I wonder what would have happened if Piers called his black colleague diaobolical?

Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Morgan is the 2 ends of a cvnt to be honest, from the days with Murdoch and NOTW, phone tapping, etc.

This is a calculated move, isn't there a new 'fox news' style right wing news channel starting in England soon, under Andrew Neil? He'll take a slot on this and continue his trolling with the likes of Katie Holmes and her ilk.

It takes some sort of a sh1t to make me take Megan Markkels side!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭batman75

heldel00 wrote: »
    He wasn't a guest. He was a colleague. That seemed to be a lot of tge problem. Pier felt he was being stitched up by a colleague.

Either way he is entitled to be challenged on his views on Meghan and he needs to grow up if that is how he reacts to being challenged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

batman75 wrote: »
    Either way he is entitled to be challenged on his views on Meghan and he needs to grow up if that is how he reacts to being challenged.

I'm not disagreeing, I'm only clarifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

I wonder what would have happened if Piers called his black colleague diaobolical?

Yeah.

He said it was diabolical after he walked off. Get out of the victim hood mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,758 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He can interview himself for Life Stories now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Yeah.
    “Yeah,” what? You’re not saying anything.

Very sad.
    No one can be good for everyone.
    We are free people in free world and we have a right say what we think.
    Freedom of speech is one of the key thing of human rights.
    I will miss him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,662 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Very sad.
    No one can be good for everyone.
    We are free people in free world and we have a right say what we think.
    Freedom of speech is one of the key thing of human rights.
    I will miss him.

He walked off is job. End of.

Nothing about free speech. He was quite entitled to stand up for himself but ran away leaving others to do his job.

Most peopled would be fired that did the same in work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I despise how the word 'cancelled' is now suddenly being used as a catch-all term for 'thing that used to be like this but is now not like this'.

Pier Morgan hasn't been cancelled, he resigned/was fired by one of his many his employers.

Dr. Seuss hasn't been cancelled, the publisher has decided not to continue printing some books.

Mr. Bloody Potato Head hasn't been cancelled, Hasbro have just rebranded it.

Like, none of these three things are remotely similar in any way.

We have been so dumbed down as a species and I can only assume social media is to blame because of course it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I used the term as it's de jour. The story involves the kind of figures who would be very familiar with stoking up the mentality that either backs it or attacks it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

I despise how the word 'cancelled' is now suddenly being used as a catch-all term for 'thing that used to be like this but is now not like this'.

Pier Morgan hasn't been cancelled, he resigned/was fired by one of his many his employers.

Dr. Seuss hasn't been cancelled, the publisher has decided not to continue printing some books.

Mr. Bloody Potato Head hasn't been cancelled, Hasbro have just rebranded it.

Like, none of these three things are remotely similar in any way.

We have been so dumbed down as a species and I can only assume social media is to blame because of course it is.

I completely agree. Its the buzz word of the day along with woke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I don't no what went on between him and Markle or what kind of relationship they had but whatever happened he's genuinely bitter over it.

He's like a jilted Ex who can't handle the fact the relationship is over, he's obsessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

He's a particularly charmless individual.

It's awful how he's done so well, when the information of him being a total morally unscrupulous piece of work is known now for years.

It turns my stomach to see him on featured anywhere taking the moral highground on anything.

He'll walk straight into another contract somewhere else I'm sure. I find his continued media presence inexplicable, because does anyone even like him to begin with?

The incident itself was bizarre. For him to storm off so abruptly, felt like he was trying to engineer his own exit a bit I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

I will miss Piers big time. I won't be tuning into ITV anymore in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Mr. Bloody Potato Head hasn't been cancelled
    A bit harsh on Piers, calling him that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

This isn't cancel culture.
    He walked off without defending his position.
    What a wally.

I just wish he had tripped over a tv cable and face-planted for extra hilarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

He never really bothered me that much but I haven't seen much of him really. I find it odd that someone with Irish parents and I think even an Irish passport is so invested in the royal family, I knew loads of 2nd gen Irish people when I lived over there and none of them gave a sh*t about the firm and usually had more republican leanings than your average born and bred son of Eireann!

He doesn't have Irish parents. He has one Irish parent (father) and one English parent (mother). His father died when he was 11 months old and his mother remarried a Welsh man (Morgan) and so then Piers took his name.

Very little Irish would've been passed down to him since he has no memories of his father.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Seems like Alex Beresford cut close to the bone when he mentioned Meghan rejecting him all those years ago.
    This is when his campaign of vitriol against her started. This is when he walked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

I don't watch this idiot much, but I am aware he is an idiot. He challenged the aussie cricketer Brett Lee to bowl at him, and he was nearly killed, Brett Lee is a world class international fast bowler, Morgan might get a game for the toffs 2nd or 3rd XI, he is a delusional bully very immature man. No surprise that he has tried to make this all about himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I used the term as it's de jour. The story involves the kind of figures who would be very familiar with stoking up the mentality that either backs it or attacks it.

Then you might as well have said he was an airfryer. It was the wrong and inappropriate word!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I will miss Piers big time. I won't be tuning into ITV anymore in the mornings.

I am interested to see how ratings will be affected by his departure. If they go down it will only inflate his ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Arghus wrote: »
    He's a particularly charmless individual.

It's awful how he's done so well, when the information of him being a total morally unscrupulous piece of work is known now for years.

It turns my stomach to see him on featured anywhere taking the moral highground on anything.

He'll walk straight into another contract somewhere else I'm sure. I find his continued media presence inexplicable, because does anyone even like him to begin with?

The incident itself was bizarre. For him to storm off so abruptly, felt like he was trying to engineer his own exit a bit I thought.

He fits right well at the daily mail. An awful bigoted paper pandering to unintelligent bigots who barely have an iq between the lot of them.
    Good riddance to him...thank god I don't have to listen to him anymore as the missus loved him.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lining up nice contract with GB News.

What's GB News now? Who owns that?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB_News#:~:text=GB%20News%20is%20an%20upcoming,be%20%22right%2Dleaning%22.

Oh great... Andrew Neil

So more flag waving xenophobic trash news then

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭lertsnim

lawred2 wrote: »
    What's GB News now? Who owns that?

It's a conservative leaning news channel launching some time this year. Andrew Neill is running it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,839 ✭✭✭✭Penn

lertsnim wrote: »
    It's a conservative leaning news channel launching some time this year. Andrew Neill is running it.

I thought this was funny

https://twitter.com/MrNishKumar/status/1369373485554864128?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dmn22

Bit conflicted on this, on the one hand I'm glad he's gone from this role as he's a toxic character that loves absolutely any bit of conflict or controversy.

On the other hand, he will inevitably join GB News and this will lead to an even more divided media landscape like what they have in the US which will most likely lead to even more political division amongst the public as well.

Hopefully I'm wrong but that's the way it looks like heading.

Advertisement