Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Piers Morgan cancelled.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

why all the hatred for Piers????

he comes across to me as a decent ol'skin esp on Britain's got Talent he gave Susan Boyle her big break when others wanted to sink her,

OK he overstepped the mark when working in fleet st, but i ask you is there an editor out there who didn't??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

fryup wrote: »
    Because he is a horrible cvnt.

A despicable human being, total narcissist with no concept of morality or ethics.

We should not give these people airtime. They should be kept out of positions of influence.

Morgan in particular should be in prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,256 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Try Googling him

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭rightmove

he across to me as a decent ol'skin esp on Britain's got Talent he gave Susan Boyle her big break when others wanted to sink her,

OK he overstepped the mark when working in fleet st, but i ask you is there an editor out there who didn't??

he says it as he sees it. Have to give him that and in this woke world its not easy in his industry in particular

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Absolute wanker. Shouts over any guest that’s on there, not giving anyone a chance to talk

Big fat head on him.

You're being hugely offensive to people with big and / or fat heads.

There's nothing wrong with having a big fat head, I have one and my wife loves it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

rightmove wrote: »
    he says it as he sees it. Have to give him that and in this woke world its not easy in his industry in particular

Snore. He flounced off like the snowflake he is when his colleague was “says[ing] it as he sees it” yesterday. He waddled off crying with his tail between his legs, and then he quit the show! He’s a coward.

rightmove wrote: »

See this is the thing.

When you claim that people don't like someone because they live in a "woke world", all you do is show your own ignorance. At least try doing the smallest piece of research into why people might think this guy has a history of being a scumbag.

Right leaning people should think this guy is filth too. It's not a political thing.

I see #bekind supporters actually mean #bekind to people that THEY like.

Interesting.

Interesting.

Maybe form your own opinion rather than crying about strangers being hypocritical.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Maybe form your own opinion rather than crying about strangers being hypocritical.

I have my own opinion. I think this was a well worked pr stunt and either he will be brought back after a break or will announce he is going to GBNews for their launch.

Also, what part of:

Interesting.

Could possibly be interpreted as "crying"?

It is absolutely pointing out hypocrisy to mention to people gleefully ripping into people they don't particularly like, while declaring that everyone else should be kind to others.

Crying though? Unnecessary and unfair framing of my post.

#bekind

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

I like him because he's argumentative and opinionated, you don't have to agree with him, we have enough dull as dishwater presenters, or wolves in sheep clothing, ie eoghan mcdermott.
    He lost it with that woke baldy chap yesterday and i dont blame him, i also think the title is wrong, he quit but i can guarantee he won't be stuck for work.

Also, what part of:

Could possibly be interpreted as "crying"?

It is absolutely crying. The whole "Watch this, i'll point out hypocrisy, that'll show those wokies" thing is getting old. It's a lazy argument with no merit.

We're talking about Piers Morgan's actions here. What he did, why he did it, was he right?, was he wrong?, he is a person of good moral character?

You're crying about anonymous people on the internet and calling them hypocrites.

You might as well be saying "Some lad i've never met in Scotland is being a hypocrite about this". Who cares? Unless this person is on the thread and you're calling them out on it, who cares what ramdomers elsewhere think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Gutted hes gone. He was literally the only reason to watch the show and the ratings are going to suffer over the coming weeks. He was the only one who had the balls and the courage to call out ministers for their incompetence. He battled with Matt Hancock, Priti Patel and a range of other public figures, refusing to allow them to dodge questions on pay rises, the massive death rate, the failures in ppe etc etc.

Without him, who is going to ask direct questions and demand direct answers- Susanna Reid?? Ben Shepard?? Not a chance and the politicians are thrilled hes gone as they are now guaranteed an easy ride from here on.

It is absolutely crying. The whole "Watch this, i'll point out hypocrisy, that'll show those wokies" thing is getting old. It's a lazy argument with no merit.

We're talking about Piers Morgan's actions here. What he did, why he did it, was he right?, was he wrong?, he is a person of good moral character?

You're crying about anonymous people on the internet and calling them hypocrites.

You might as well be saying "Some lad i've never met in Scotland is being a hypocrite about this". Who cares? Unless this person is on the thread and you're calling them out on it, who cares what ramdomers elsewhere think?

Ffs, pointing out that posters on here are acting hypocritically about piers Morgan on a thread about piers Morgan is now "absolutely crying". Redefining the word crying are we?

And no I won't call out individual posters but there are numerous insults that have gone beyond criticism of his actions here and are against the #bekind mantra that I know a lot of posters usually would promote.

Absolutely crying? Give your head a wobble.

Ffs, pointing out that posters on here are acting hypocritically

Erm........
    And no I won't call out individual posters

Then stop crying!

Ffs, pointing out that posters on here are acting hypocritically about piers Morgan on a thread about piers Morgan is now "absolutely crying". Redefining the word crying are we?

And no I won't call out individual posters but there are numerous insults that have gone beyond criticism of his actions here and are against the #bekind mantra that I know a lot of posters usually would promote.

Absolutely crying? Give your head a wobble.

rattled :pac:

rattled :pac:
    Lol. Totally.

Gutted hes gone. He was literally the only reason to watch the show and the ratings are going to suffer over the coming weeks. He was the only one who had the balls and the courage to call out ministers for their incompetence.

+1

and he also called out Trump on his incompetence over the Covid crisis, and whilst in america he called out the lunacy of american gun laws...and he was dead right to call out Meghan Merkle and her lame use of the victimhood card - she knew damn well what she was getting into from the very start, she's manipulative and sooner or later she will be exposed for what she really is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭MFPM

Shouldn't the thread be more accurately entitled hypocritical coward cancels himself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Pierce and friends

Piers.jpg

Actually hate to quote this post but a point has to be made. At the end of the day he's a very well known newspaper editor / journalist. Being photographed with other well known / well connected people at public events is not indicative of anything other than well known people in the public eye attend public events and people take photographs.

The fact that they turn out to be c**ts is the only reason these pictures get circulated out of the millions of photos taken at these events. Most of us already knew Piers was a c**t anyway.

There is a growing number of people who are misguided at least and deeply mentally unwell at worst who see these kind of things and think 2+2 = lizard people. This kind of nonsense needs to be stamped out because it only adds to this lunacy. There are tons of valid reasons to criticise and condemn these people without entering into fantasy world.

• Advertisement

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Actually hate to quote this post but a point has to be made. At the end of the day he's a very well known newspaper editor / journalist. Being photographed with other well known / well connected people at public events is not indicative of anything other than well known people in the public eye attend public events and people take photographs.

You're right.

I'd say most of these people would be mortified to have been seen photographed with Piers Morgan.

Pierce and friends

but sure loads of people rubbed shoulders with those culprits, nobody knew about their crimes at the time

look at Jimmy Savile - photographed with the pope, prime ministers etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Zero interest in the royalty stuff going on, I just don't get why people would care about monarchies in any way.

Anyhow, I have an interest in what Morgan says and does.

The thread title is bogus. He wasn't cancelled, he has left with mutual consent and judging by his grandstanding on street interview today (he doesn't seem to respect his daughter's privacy) it's clear that yesterday was a career move for him.
    I found him very cocky in it and clearly he knows he's just raised his profile even more and will not have choice of media jobs and can name his price.

So I think it's the opposite of him being cancelled, he's probably going to get a bigger job now with a show revolving around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

+1

and he also called out Trump on his incompetence over the Covid crisis, and whilst in america he called out the lunacy of american gun laws...and he was dead right to call out Meghan Merkle and her lame use of the victimhood card - she knew damn well what she was getting into from the very start, she's manipulative and sooner or later she will be exposed for what she really is

Yeah, that Megan Markle.

She'd remind you of that other royal bird, there was a big drama about , whatsname ?? ......

Oh yeah, Diana , that's her name .

THE_SHEEP wrote: »
    Yeah, that Megan Markle.

She'd remind you of that other royal bird, there was a big drama about , whatsname ?? ......

Oh yeah, Diana , that's her name .

She reminds you of her husband's mam??.....

Ewwwwwwww

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭MFPM

+1

I've no interest in any of these people though watching the monarchy be exposed by one of their own is a good thing. I doubt Markle knew fully what she was getting into, the control they exert over their people I'm sure shocked her.

Morgan is a bombastic bully who shouts down people and ridicules them, he really exposed himself walking off the show yesterday, the guy stood up to him and didn't allow himself be bullied and Morgan threw his toys out of the pram. He'll be back in some guise I've no doubt, sections of the media like his bullying, hectoring style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

He lost it with that woke baldy chap yesterday and i dont blame him, i also think the title is wrong, he quit but i can guarantee he won't be stuck for work.

You genuinely thought his strop yesterday was warranted?!

He's a poster-boy for the anti-'woke'/'snowflake' brigade. Deriding the easily offended and then storming off like a child when called to account. I hope the irony of that Churchill quote he posted isn't lost on him.

He lost it with that woke baldy chap yesterday and i dont blame him,

So just to get it straight......

The baldy chap pointed out that Morgan has spent years publically criticising and slamming Markle because Markle wasn't interested in him when he was pursuing a personal relationship with her. One that Morgan could not and did not deny and was caught out so badly on this that the normally "tells it like it is" Piers walked off the show and resigned/

You're saying that the baldy chap's position on thinking this is creepy, unwarrented and wrong is "woke"? Is that genuinely what you are referring to when you use the term "woke"?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Randle P. McMurphy

Zaph wrote: »
    That guy did what every right thinking person wished they could do - he put Piers Morgan in his place, and did so in a calm, rational manner. I'm not sure what you were watching, but the rest of us saw a bully being called out on his bullsh*t and not being able to take it.

People generally see what they want to see. So there will always be different interpretations of that or any other confrontation. Saying "the rest of us saw" is subjective nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

So just to get it straight......

The baldy chap pointed out that Morgan has spent years publically criticising and slamming Markle because Markle wasn't interested in him when he was pursuing a personal relationship with her. One that Morgan could not and did not deny and was caught out so badly on this that the normally "tells it like it is" Piers walked off the show and resigned/

You're saying that the baldy chap's position on thinking this is creepy, unwarrented and wrong is "woke"? Is that genuinely what you are referring to when you use the term "woke"?

haha i find it funny we're now both calling the other fella the baldy chap !
    I think his take on Meghan's sudden mental health issue and the immediate it must be a race issue as woke, but i am old so maybe my wording isn't correct.
    He also blindsided his work colleague and was accusing him of racism and no awareness of mental health by his accusations so if i was Piers i would be pretty dam annoyed aswell, did the baldy chap use the situation to emerge from the shadow of his egg shaped head ?

Advertisement