Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reserved time slots for a season

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

One thing I’ve never really got is captain & president getting a reserved car spot. It doesn’t overly bother me but I’ve always thought it was a bit of a thing that adds a bit of an elitist element around golf. Just drive in and park any spot like everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I like it. When the priority times get oversubscribed just introduce an even higher level again :cool:

priority.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Could do a lotto system for the most wanted times.

The problem I seen last year was for how long the comps ran. On a Saturday there was only two hours of competition which left a huge rush for those times, with some members booking the days a couple of weeks in advance. This was later changed to run the competitions for the whole day alongside casual rounds which made much more sense.

I'd say that was to get societies or green fees out. For a club, they're only getting the competition fee of maybe 5 euro from a member, whereas they're getting 30 euro or so from a green fee or society.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Just join a club with smaller membership numbers;)
    My club has smaller numbers and it's no issue getting slots

Advertisement