Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So many lorries/trucks on the roads?

Options
  • 09-03-2021 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭

Had to drive from the city to Carraigtwohill today (essential journey btw) and couldn't help but notice an almost constant stream of lorries/trucks in both directions.. is this the norm? Maybe it just looks like there are more of these vehicles as perhaps there are less cars on the roads? either way, traffic was v heavy..in both its volume and nature..

Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Prepping for end of lockdown?

I know there were a few lorries around here during the last few days dropping off sand and other supplies for a bit of construction in April. There is a lot of demand built up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

sporina wrote: »
    Had to drive from the city to Carraigtwohill today (essential journey btw) and couldn't help but notice an almost constant stream of lorries/trucks in both directions.. is this the norm? Maybe it just looks like there are more of these vehicles as perhaps there are less cars on the roads? either way, traffic was v heavy..in both its volume and nature..

Any thoughts on this?

As someone who works in essential services and on the road more or less constantly, I think the reason you are noticing more commercial vehicles is because there are a lot less cars on the roads.

Also prior to Brexit most trucks going on the boats used go to Dublin, it is noticeable that there is an increase in such truck traffic on the N25 with trucks heading to and from Rosslare and also this evening there was a commercial ferry from Ringaskiddy to Roscoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭sporina

kub wrote: »
    As someone who works in essential services and on the road more or less constantly, I think the reason you are noticing more commercial vehicles is because there are a lot less cars on the roads.

Also prior to Brexit most trucks going on the boats used go to Dublin, it is noticeable that there is an increase in such truck traffic on the N25 with trucks heading to and from Rosslare and also this evening there was a commercial ferry from Ringaskiddy to Roscoff.

awe ok - although I'd say the latter was prob the main reason for the bulk of what I saw today driving towards the tunnel on the N25 - twas around 12.30pm.. twas literally bumper to bumper trucks/lorries.. twasn't the case on the return journey around 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

As said alot going to rosslare and coming from ringaskiddy port that road is constant stream of trucks.

Advertisement