Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone understand how this aerial is working

Options
  • 09-03-2021 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hi There,
    I have a automatic gate opener that is playing up on me, It has stopped responding to the key fob from any distance, except when I'm right at the box on the lower wall(grey box), or right at the top, where I have a electrical joint attached to end of the co-axial cable and two pieces of copper sticking out of it.

It has just lost it's ability to receive a signal from any distance at all

Reception.jpg?raw=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

One of the copper wires may be disconnected (possibly the one connected to the core wire of the coax). You may also have a problem with the ivy on the antenna. Clear the ivy from around the antenna and check that the wires are still connected and that the electrical terminal and the coax don't have water damage.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

maybe battery in the keyfob needs replaced?

Advertisement