Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adore Hendricks Gin but too dear

Options
  • 09-03-2021 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi Folks. I adore Hendricks Gin buts its 40 euros a bottle. Is there anything similar but half the price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 clayfarm1234

Coolaboy wrote: »
    Hi Folks. I adore Hendricks Gin buts its 40 euros a bottle. Is there anything similar but half the price.

Get from North for GBP 25!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Derrigra

Ordered from myBooze.eu and cost only €18.99 for a litre of Hendricks! €13.99 for a litre bottle of Absolute vodka. Shipping costs are approx €30 but at those prices it would be worth getting a group together and place a big order

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭karlitob

Coolaboy wrote: »

I’ve been a long time gin drinker - and a drinker of lots of other things in that time for that matter.

I’m convinced that pound for pound you can’t beat Cork. And the reasons are
    - when you put tonic into anything, it’s strong taste of quinine overpowers most other flavours.
    - cork has a strong juniper component (that gin taste) which can stand up to quinine.

- so when you use other gins with different botanicals such as the balhhhh Bombay or the very lovely Hendricks with its cucumber, it just doesn’t stand up as well when tonic is in and is overpowered.

I think I’m also right in saying that in a blind test, the worlds best somelliers can taste different grapes apart - cab sav to Merlot etx but that’s about the extent of it. We know that when you think something tastes nice it does taste nice.

So in a roundabout way I’m saying - it’s all in our heads and that’s a good thing. If we think the cheap stuff is nicer, then it is nicer.

And in my view cork is nicer anyway.

I love gin.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 idontlikemyname

Try Wild Burrow (the blue bottle) with a slice of cucumber, available in Lidl, €25

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ikomj

Derrigra wrote: »
    Ordered from myBooze.eu and cost only €18.99 for a litre of Hendricks! €13.99 for a litre bottle of Absolute vodka. Shipping costs are approx €30 but at those prices it would be worth getting a group together and place a big order

Any other costs for importing from myBooze.eu apart from shipping costs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

Try Wild Burrow (the blue bottle) with a slice of cucumber, available in Lidl, €25

I also recommend Wild Burrow from Lidl. My favourite gin, beats other expensive ones hands down.

Advertisement