Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Query

Options
  • 09-03-2021 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi - Can someone advise me;

Is the PC good value for money? It seems to be in comparison to what I can find on Irish / UK sites but I feel like I might be missing something?

Looking for Ryzen 7, 16gb Ram and a graphics card that can display 4 monitors. It wont be used for gaming, mainly day trading, some photoshop and general day to day.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B08R93SFCC/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A2PMBAYX6G8IJ&psc=1

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

SDKev wrote: »
    Hi - Can someone advise me;

Is the PC good value for money? It seems to be in comparison to what I can find on Irish / UK sites but I feel like I might be missing something?

Looking for Ryzen 7, 16gb Ram and a graphics card that can display 4 monitors. It wont be used for gaming, mainly day trading, some photoshop and general day to day.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B08R93SFCC/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A2PMBAYX6G8IJ&psc=1

Thanks!

Thant's a 2nd generation Ryzen 7 so it's a bit long in the tooth now. It's actually a little slower than a Ryzen 5 3600.

Ordinarily I'd say no, but given the current market it's ok value wise

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭SDKev

Thanks for getting back to me so quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cornholio509

JUst checked out the specs and i would say NO . You can run 4 montyiors on that GPU . No matter the model in that brand the graphics cards only have 3 outputs . The GTX1650 have 1 hdmi and 2 display port . The one with the GTX1660Ti has 1 display port , 1hdmi and one dvi . so you are out of luck there for a 4 monitor setup . 3 monitors at best is what you can get from that seller .

As far as i know you will need a GTX1070 , RTX2070 or RTX3070 at a minimum for 4 monitors . Otherwize you will have to order specialized low profile grapgics card . The only GTX1640 or 1660 that has 4 ports are the gigabyte cards , and they are even specific cards at that . They maynot even be available any more .

EDIT:
    MAx that system can do is 3 monitors . Your monitors need to be able to use DIPLAY PORT and HDMI . Otherwise you will need to buy dapters

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭SDKev

Thanks for that, on the images that are listed with that PC, the graphics card looks like it has 3 Display Port and 1 HDMI output, that’s where I was getting it would run 4 monitors - but it won’t ?

No unfortunately it wont . Read down in the specs near the bottom of the page where it shows the GPU specs . It says 1 HDMI and 2 display port . The next highest PC they sell is the one with the GTX 1660 . That one also has 3 outputs . 1HDMI 1 DIsplay port and one DVI . Unfiortunatley i cant find any specs or model numbers for what they are using only what specs they put in themselves .

THis is their own website . https://www.shinobee.de/mod_list.php?mod_mcat_id=4

WHat can you actually afford ? DO you already have a PC?

It might be worth buying that system . Then going to ebay for a cheap secondhand 1070 or 2070 with enough display outputs . YOu can then sell that card after you have what you want .

If youy have your own PC then just buy a used GPU off EBAY provided your PC is built within the last 5 years . Just make sure you do your research on the GPUs . Not every graphics card is built the same way . SOme have fewer ports some have more . If you are doing photo editing or anything in photoshop then i suggest a 1070 or a 2070 Nvidia GPU .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I wonder if someone knows the answer to this, just in case it might help the OP with his query.

The company I work for gave me a ThinkPad laptop with Windows 10. It has a 4K display and one HDMI output. However, I was able to use my USB-C hub to connect a second monitor to it, so I have two external monitors. No drivers were needed, just plugged the hub into the laptop's USB-C port, and the monitor was detected and all is fine.

The question I have is this: why is this working on the laptop, but not on my desktop?

Just in case it matters:
    - the laptop has Intel Xeon E-2276M CPU (which includes UHD Graphics 630), and a NVidia Quadro T2000 GPU.
    - the desktop has Ryzen 5950X CPU (no integrated graphics), and NVidia 3090 GPU.

I am not desperate to connect the monitor to the gaming rig anyway, it's more of a question that might help others in need of an extra monitor connection. When can you use USB-C to HDMI adaptor to connect an external monitor?

THere is no way to tell these days unless you research heavily into what you want . For instance you can some PCs with HDMI over USB-C. Some older intel chipsets have thunderbolt aswell which does the same thing . Usually its laptops because of the integrated GPUs that have that feature . That said price ahas a lot to do with it . MOst high end and enterprise laptops these days have it . The middle of the road and cheaper laptops are hit and miss . Usually manufacturers in laptops between €400 and €900 range have some features missing by design . This is to save on costs and offer cheaper products .

Research is key . Buzzords like gaming , wifi and RGB cover up what manufacturers are actually selling you . That way you dont notice what they are leaving out . People need to educate themselves and its simple as that .

For instance your caming rig . ASrock make a motherboard what has thunderbolt over USB-C . Now it does require a specific cable but it will do the same as the laptop with the thunderbolt cable . However its one specific motherboard that asrock make that can do that on AMD CPUs for desktop . Intel used to have it on their chipsets . I think they disconinued it with the last generation of CPUs .

Again a bit of research and learinig goes a long way . The more people do research and buy good products the better .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

You can daisy chain some monitors with DisplayPort. I have 3 Dell U2414h running off a single display port. They need to support MST - a feature of Dispay Port 1.2 (they will have a DP in and DP out port) and you can run up to 4 monitors. The last one in the chain can be a DP 1.1 monitor.

Advertisement