Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best way to report a fault on Eir Broadband?

• 09-03-2021 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

We are experiencing intermittent problems with our Eir Fibre BB and I need to contact Eir or whoever manages the infrastructure. What is the best way to report these issues? I notice the Log-a-Fault webpage is not working and I know that Eir can be a nightmare to deal with. Any advice?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

We are experiencing intermittent problems with our Eir Fibre BB and I need to contact Eir or whoever manages the infrastructure. What is the best way to report these issues? I notice the Log-a-Fault webpage is not working and I know that Eir can be a nightmare to deal with. Any advice?

God help you. Eir customer support is worst in the country by far. If your contract permits it just leave.

Normally I call my ISP on the phone. Have Eir stopped answering phones now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

God help you. Eir customer support is worst in the country by far. If your contract permits it just leave.

Normally I call my ISP on the phone. Have Eir stopped answering phones now?

I haven't tried calling them yet. I spent hours on Eir support lines a couple of years ago and I dread it.
    Can I call the KN crowd direct?
    I would imagine my contract is long up but nervous about moving all the same.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Nope. Fault reports have to go through your ISP.

I haven't tried calling them yet. I spent hours on Eir support lines a couple of years ago and I dread it.
    I would imagine my contract is long up but nervous about moving all the same.

You shouldn't be nervous about better value and actual customer service.

You shouldn't be nervous about better value and actual customer service.

No I am nervous that I will lose all internet connectivity during the switch over.

• Advertisement

No I am nervous that I will lose all internet connectivity during the switch over.

Do you have FTH or cable options where you live?

If you switch to a competent ISP, that won't be a problem.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    If you switch to a competent ISP, that won't be a problem.

Are Eircom still messing about when you switch, in what would appear to be an attempt to discourage competition?

Are Eircom still messing about when you switch, in what would appear to be an attempt to discourage competition?

The switching processes are well documented. When retail ISPs follow them correctly, everything goes smoothly. I've seen more problems around double billing (old provider doesn't stop billing) than around loss of service.

Do you have FTH or cable options where you live?

Not to my knowledge. I was using a mobile broadband dongle before Eir brought in fibre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Eldrew

ring 1890 260260 at 8am sharp with your account number

Advertisement