Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Prime video

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I have Prime UK for years & use getflix for UK content. For the first time ever Amazon recognized I was using a smart DNS & blocked me. I signed up to Amazon Turkey late last night & so long as I dont have Amazon turned on in Getflix it seems to work perfectly from Turkey.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Trevord

Think this mistress_gi approach is the least fuss solution. Many thanks

One question though.

I'm getting tight for space on the 4k stick and would prefer to avoid putting apps on external drive.

The Prime Video app I sideloaded is pretty large. (110 MB). That's way larger than the native Prime Video app (20MB). Curious whether anyone found a smallish Prime Video app to sideload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

The issue with having Prime Video set to India hit me again today ("internet connectivity problem"). I had to switch the Prime Video region to "Off" again in GetFlix.

Does anyone know, if I set the region in GetFlix for Prime Video to UK, will that give me a better range of things to watch? Or does that simply change the recommended viewing shows Prime Video displays? For now, what I'm catching up on is available but was wondering.

Thanks!

I'd imagine that you are locked into India. My understanding is that if you set getflix to UK that it will see you as roaming & limit your content will be limited to Amazon original content.

The only exception to the rule above that I know about is Prime Video Turkey. It does not seem to geo locked. Once you have set up the account you can watch full content here in Ireland without VPN or smart dns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I tried signing up to the Indian one but it wouldn’t accept any cards I tried, signed up to the Turkish one no problem, think it’s about a euro a month. Have the prime app installed on my smart tv and it’s running great so far and all in English. Cheers OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

For india i had to get a voucher as it wouldn't take any of my cards.

Happy you're sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ltd440

Hi folks, I have my prime and Netflix at a great rate and was wondering if there is anything similar for Disney?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭samboy08

Funny you should mention that as tomorrow disney will be holding a shareholders earnings call and hopefully they will announce when disney + will be released in Eastern Europe. There is no way of getting disney + cheaper atm although argentina is the cheapest as disney have a very good pay system which doesn't allow you to pay if your card is not in the same country where you are purchasing from. But I have a feeling when it gets released in Turkey which should fall under eastern europe, I think someone will find a way around disneys foolproof system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Cheers OP that worked a treat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was unable to join through India and ended up using Tunnelbear(you get a monthly usage allowance for free as a basic free user) and set my location as Cyprus(Turkey not an option). Chose Amazon Turkey on the Amazon website, entered a fake Turkish address and signed up for monthly billing(annual not an option) which is 7.90 Turkish Lira at at todays rate that is 79c per month. It's Full Prime as oppossed to Prime Video as I couldn't get any VPN to bypass the signup screen in either country. It kept defaulting to €5.99 regardless of what email, address or card I used.

Note: I didn't use a virtual card, just my regular AIB

Now I have my Netflix and Prime out of Turkish Lira. :D

• Advertisement

I've had Prime Turkey for a month now (first month free). The first payment was due last night and Revolut froze my card. I went into Revolut app and approved the payment but I have lost Prime access today.

Wondering if anyone else had this issue and whether Amazon will try to take the payment again or will I need to do something from my side.

You could always contact their support to ask them about the payment but from memory they should try again a few times to take the payment from your card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

Does anyone know (or have experience) how strict Amazon are about sharing student accounts at different IPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ltd440

We shared ours at 2 different addresses without any bother

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

can anyone give sterp by step to a novice?

Just an update on this in case anyone else has same issue in the future.

Make sure to approve the original payment request on Revolut app and make sure that your card isn't frozen.

When the original payment failed, Amazon emailed me with a link, so I then had to follow that link and go into the amazon website and click a button to reconfirm the card details. The monthly payment went through on Revolut straight immediately and my Prime access reactivated immediately.

See the first post of the thread.

Just for india you need a voucher as it wasn't taking my card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Help needed!

Have Prime through India. Only use it to watch movies. However, a family member is coming up next week for a few weeks and wants to watch the US Open Tennis which starts on the 30th. They've always watched it through my UK Prime. However, It's not showing up on the Indian homepage. Used to be a section for Sports but not now. If I type in US Open Tennis, I get a list of tennis throughout the year but no sign of the upcoming games? Is it too soon for the listings to show?

Any idea if it will be shown? Family member is on the spectrum and there will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth if this isn't available to them. Any other way of watching it?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭w4ntedman

Star have the rights in India.

Maybe a new account in UK and free prime trial for the month?

• Advertisement

Can't watch it on UK Prime. Have a free trial already. Says it's not available in your country. If I use a VPN it recognises it and won't let me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭w4ntedman

Apologies in advance if you have looked at all this already but have you tried contacting them. Screenshot above says available in Ireland use primevideo.com

That's perfect! Many thanks. Had to change my country to Ireland from UK!

Glad you got sorted.

I can't edit the original post so just an update.

You don't need a new account, you can use your current account, just sign in to relevant amazon website and sign up to prime that way.

Amazon Brazil has music included and a yearly payment option (around 15 euro a year right now i think) but I've noticed different content.

India, as far as i am aware still only accepts vouchers

I did this only last week. Getflix was having issues with Prime video UK so I took out a Turkey prime trial on the same account. Works perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

So when signing into Prime how do you switch between UK prime video and Turkey?

I'm pretty sure I signed in to the turkey site on my phone or PC & started watching. A pop up asked if I wanted to change my region from UK to Turkey or Ireland. I clicked Turkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Del007

How can you sign up to a non Irish Amazon account when it wants to send you a verification code to your mobile?

• Advertisement

If they sent me a text then it was to my irish mobile

Advertisement